Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Mobile Chip Shop

Shouldnt this be in the "recommendations"?
    good luck to them though. Hope it succeeds.

binbob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    Shouldnt this be in the "recommendations"?
    good luck to them though. Hope it succeeds.

or maybe in the FOUND section..if we had one!!!!

Hotrod and Binbob.......... originally posted in the general section as the story of how I found this service covered a multitude of other threads so to speak.

Once a few orgers have tasted the fare I am sure there will be a recommendation in that section too.

Better to hear good news many times than not at all.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Furthering the cause of the spirit of the org I have had a proposition from Bobinovich.

He is going to be in the Watten area this lunchtime and has offered to deliver a morsel of the toblerone cheesecake to the diet breakers in that area (Kathy an Dadie come to mind)

Please pm me with details of where he has to deliver to before noon today. We want as many folk to sample this beautiful confection (also suitable instead of a birthday cake) as possible, to help further the power of the org!

If Richard is reading this, please do not be offended, just consider your bartering of goods for getting your chainsaw fixed has lead to more folk having first hand knowledge of your catering skills.

binbob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by poppett View Post
    Hotrod and Binbob.......... originally posted in the general section as the story of how I found this service covered a multitude of other threads so to speak.

Once a few orgers have tasted the fare I am sure there will be a recommendation in that section too.

Better to hear good news many times than not at all.

poppet..i was being sarcastic to hotrod...silly me...so apologies if u took it the wrong way..no offence intended.i will be looking forward to my fish/chips ,later.take care..u really are a poppet!!

No offence taken, I wouldn`t have survived a childhood in Caithness and then chose to return in later life if I was easily offended now, would I?

Many years ago I worked for boss who was a perfectionist. Every part of the job was done in a particular way by everyone so the quality was always the same. When starting a new recruit he always told them to "ask me the same question 100 times if you have to before you get it right, never just take the chance you are doing it right"....... hence my saying I would rather hear it many times than not at all.

Enjoy your treat later... you will be spoiled for choice with the menu and the prices are very reasonable for good sized portions.

binbob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by poppett View Post
    No offence taken, I wouldn`t have survived a childhood in Caithness and then chose to return in later life if I was easily offended now, would I?

Many years ago I worked for boss who was a perfectionist. Every part of the job was done in a particular way by everyone so the quality was always the same. When starting a new recruit he always told them to "ask me the same question 100 times if you have to before you get it right, never just take the chance you are doing it right"....... hence my saying I would rather hear it many times than not at all.

Enjoy your treat later... you will be spoiled for choice with the menu and the prices are very reasonable for good sized portions.
    thanks,poppet..

yaahoo chippy in keiss on wed nightxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    The miracle is not to fly in the air,
    or to walk on the water,but to walk on the earth.

My OH`s new year resolution was to make the effort to go on more days out this year. I now suspect he had a cunning plan, an outing round the county each afternoon with tea in varied locations courtesy of the travelling chippy.. never having to cook again, no tatties to peel or dishes to wash....now that`s my idea of a cunning plan, right enough!!

binbob Guest

quote=poppett;482326]My OH`s new year resolution was to make the effort to go on more days out this year. I now suspect he had a cunning plan, an outing round the county each afternoon with tea in varied locations courtesy of the travelling chippy.. never having to cook again, no tatties to peel or dishes to wash....now that`s my idea of a cunning plan, right enough!![/quote]

sounds good to me.....but not good for the waistline[mine]...........

I have been asked by Richard (who is awaiting his own Org registration to come through) to apoligise to you all anxiously awaiting your chippy in the villages of Caithness this week. Due to a technical hitch over paperwork with Highland Council he can not trade on the streets until the certificate is issued and this can take two or three weeks to be sent out.

However until that happens he has been told he can trade from Mybster as that is private property and there are no health and hygiene issues to be addressed by the Council.

If anyone in the villages happens to have 50 feet of private land he could use in the meantime, please get in touch with him on 841369.

Wink greetings from the mobile chippy

well at long last i have now become a member of the org and i hope i can soon class myself as an orger.

yes i have a mobile chip shop and i hope to provide a service to a number of the out lying communities, in the very near future(2-3 weeks at the most) depending on how quick the council move......

i would like also to thank, all the orgers who have showen me support and faith in my abillities in the kitchen, especially to my number 1 fan poppet and her better half........lol.

yet again hello and i hope to see you ALL soon

Wink Welcome Chef4celebrations

Glad you made it into the org family at last.

There is no better place than this forum to find out what is going on in the County.

Looking forward to your postings.

Good luck to you and the family with your ventures and thank you for joining us in Caithness.

Thumbs up thanks

well thank you very much for your comments, if there is anything else you would like to try then just holler ok poppet

I have lots of sweet ideas, don`t tempt me.

After today there may well be a toblerone cheesecake appreciation society alive and well in Watten. I am making a delivery to Kathy@watten and Dadie later today.

Cool

thanks for your very kind words and i feel that i have just found a new family here in caithness and i have also extended my personal family to include a grandad and your good self.

p.s please tell your better half there is two banana's gone of the tree already

Default more in the making if you want

i am making more cheesecake if you want more

binbob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by chef4celebrations View Post
    thanks for your very kind words and i feel that i have just found a new family here in caithness and i have also extended my personal family to include a grandad and your good self.

p.s please tell your better half there is two banana's gone of the tree already
    well done richard/lizzie....may u live long and prosper..and poppet and OH too.what a team........dynamic or what

OH YES please not sure how I can get it though
    Images of Spain can be seen at valspages.com

Default yummy yummy yummy!

Many thanks to Poppet and hubby for dropping a cheesecake into me.....is lovely and will be organising myself Mybster direction for a wee calorie intake on a regular basis!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast