Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: New Mobile Chip Shop

Default New Mobile Chip Shop

Today I had the most wonderful sweet experience compliments of Richard Booth at Mybster Croft, Spittal. His toblerone cheesecake is out of this world.

Richard uses this cheesecake as a desert on his menu with his catering company "Chef 4 Celebrations". His byline is "I am only limited by your imagination".........too true, Richard......... in this instance you read my mind.

Richard can be contacted on 01847841369 for all your catering needs.

Hopefully he will have his moblie catering unit up and running for a trial run at the croft tomorrow night from 5pm and plans to circulate round the county on a weekly basis with his fare.

Good luck with the venture.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Default The power of the Org

Have started a new thread as this tale covers many subjects on the org at present.

This evening from 5pm onwards at Mybster Croft, Spittal, one of our orgers is trying our his new venture, a mobile chip shop/snack bar. All welcome to try his fare.

Before the thread gets moved or I get banished for blatant advertising, please read on...........

The owner of the venture advertised on the wanted forum for a fridge freezer. I had one for sale which he bought along with a freezer we had for sale too. Whilst delivering the units it came into the conversation that there was a chain saw on the premises in need of repair. My OH, being a retired horticultural engineer offered to take it home and see if it was repairable. It was and in exchange we were given a huge toblerone cheesecake (recommendation thread). Whilst all this is going on the orgers have another thread running about bartering skills.

Thanks to the org not only have we made new friends and introduced two other orgers to this chap looking for skilled work needing done in the future, but it turns out we both know our own "Sir Bob"....... What a small world and more power to the Org I say.

Hope a few orgers can make it to Mybster tonight, it would be like a mini orgers convention, with lovely fish and chips etc forbye.

Smile mybster tonight?

OK where exactly is this place to go for our fish and chips and cheesecake? and what sort of cost? I will do almost anything to avoid making a Sunday dinner tonight!

Default Chippy

I wont be going over to Mybster tonight for my fish and chips ,(I live in Wick) but I do wish the man all the best with his new venture.

The org certainly has many possitive aspects to it.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Default chip n shop

the way to get to the propetry is head to the A9 (the road opposite the brown trout carry on to the end (this a long road)(5Mile) then hang a left and the first house on the left ( approx 300metre)

if coming from thurso follow the road to inverness pass the little village called spittal and pass the cross roads and it is the first on the left

good luck in the new venture

Sounds like a good idea and I wish him well. Only thing though if he's "Mobile" will he be venturing into other areas of Caithness as well? I am sure HIE give money to people who travel the county with a service.

Lovely story poppett. Great to get some positive vibe going on here just now! Also wonderful to hear community spirit alive and kicking! It may well be taking place as I type but I am sure a few stories like this could inspire others to take the first step. More power to the Org!

The chip van has been a success so far. My OH had haddock and chips as did my friend, I had scallops pan fried in butter and chips.... all far too much and brilliant value for money.

Bobinovich`s diet is blown clean out of the water, saw him stuffing his face with fish and taking note of the weekly rota for the mobile chippy.

Times are all 16.00-20.00 hrs and the venues are

Halkirk on a Monday
    Watten on a Tuesday ........just for you Kathy
    Keiss on a Wednesday.........to coincide with the Archery club
    Lybster on a Thursday
    Dunbeath on a Friday
    Mybster Croft at Spittal every Saturday... which is close enough for the
    suppers to stay hot to travel
    to Thurso!

See you there next week folkies!

Think this should be the new venue for the next Org night out if we make it in the summer months. Alfresco fish and chips in the summertime, what better.??

binbob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by poppett View Post
    The chip van has been a success so far. My OH had haddock and chips as did my friend, I had scallops pan fried in butter and chips.... all far too much and brilliant value for money.

Bobinovich`s diet is blown clean out of the water, saw him stuffing his face with fish and taking note of the weekly rota for the mobile chippy.

Times are all 16.00-20.00 hrs and the venues are

Halkirk on a Monday
    Watten on a Tuesday ........just for you Kathy
    Keiss on a Wednesday.........to coincide with the Archery club
    Lybster on a Thursday
    Dunbeath on a Friday
    Mybster Croft at Spittal every Saturday... which is close enough for the
    suppers to stay hot to travel
    to Thurso!

See you there next week folkies!

Think this should be the new venue for the next Org night out if we make it in the summer months. Alfresco fish and chips in the summertime, what better.??
    poppet..silly question...will he go around halkirk or just staion himself in the main st??
    i would love some fish and chips..really miss the buckie ones.15 months without...
    thank u

wifie, let's set a date, I'll come by your place in my car and we can make the run to Caithness to get our fill of fish and chips. I love fish and chips!

And I'm always happy to meet new orger friends.

That's a date Canuck!

Binbob, have sent you pm with a contact number to make sure you get the chance for a really tasty supper one night soon.

Took a supper home to Thurso to bobandag16 on our way back from Spittal tonight and it was still too piping hot to touch. Huge portion, he had some right away and had enough for two teas later in the week. He will happily freeze then microwave any kind of take-away will my old dad.

One 88 year old man very happy tonight.

Do you know where he will be stopping in Watten?
    Diet forgotten about!

Well indeed that's the diet well and truly blown! I hope you're both happy (Richard & Poppett that is) - naah, I'm surely allowed a day off once in a while!

Anyway, I came into this when asked about doing a website for Richard's new venture (good luck BTW - as I said I think you're onto a winner) so, when invited, happily agreed to pop out and sample his produce this evening.

Decided to start off with a haddock supper - lovely bit of fish in a wonderfully crispy batter and real chunky chips, all of which went down beautifully - however leaving no space for the cheesecake...

...until just short ago when, with the main course settled, I had half of a huge slice with a wee drop of ice cream - stupendous! This is a truly adult indulgence; waste on the kids at your peril

So can I recommend? Absolutely! And as his menu includes both Lasagne and Chicken Curry it will be a difficult choice to make for the next visit!

P.S. Keiss Archery Orgers note: He's gonna be in Keiss on Wednesday nights

Richard`s contact number is 841369 if anyone wants to check the actual venue for his village stop overs.

Glad you got a morsel of the cheesecake, but if you need another chunk Bob then you know where I am...... with a huge cheesecake in the fridge!!

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    wifie, let's set a date, I'll come by your place in my car and we can make the run to Caithness to get our fill of fish and chips. I love fish and chips!

And I'm always happy to meet new orger friends.
    Hey girls you can come and stay with Alice........we could have a girlie night in then go on the razzle in the Smiddy once the kids have settled.Ive got plenty of room to put you up.

Canuck I owe you lunch anyway...........any chance of dragging that handsome Dr Szin with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    Do you know where he will be stopping in Watten?
    Diet forgotten about!
    I believe its going to be next to the playpark.

will he be coming into wick at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post
    Hey girls you can come and stay with Alice........we could have a girlie night in then go on the razzle in the Smiddy once the kids have settled.Ive got plenty of room to put you up.

Canuck I owe you lunch anyway...........any chance of dragging that handsome Dr Szin with you.
    LOL Canuck looks like party on down!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    P.S. Keiss Archery Orgers note: He's gonna be in Keiss on Wednesday nights
    Oooo...the teen duo and I can grab some on our way out from practice, and then I won't have to cook when I get home!
    The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea. ~Isak Dinesen

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast