Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: New Mobile Chip Shop

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New Mobile Chip Shop

Today I had the most wonderful sweet experience compliments of Richard Booth at Mybster Croft, Spittal. His toblerone cheesecake is out of this world.

Richard uses this cheesecake as a desert on his menu with his catering company "Chef 4 Celebrations". His byline is "I am only limited by your imagination".........too true, Richard......... in this instance you read my mind.

Richard can be contacted on 01847841369 for all your catering needs.

Hopefully he will have his moblie catering unit up and running for a trial run at the croft tomorrow night from 5pm and plans to circulate round the county on a weekly basis with his fare.

Good luck with the venture.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Default The power of the Org

Have started a new thread as this tale covers many subjects on the org at present.

This evening from 5pm onwards at Mybster Croft, Spittal, one of our orgers is trying our his new venture, a mobile chip shop/snack bar. All welcome to try his fare.

Before the thread gets moved or I get banished for blatant advertising, please read on...........

The owner of the venture advertised on the wanted forum for a fridge freezer. I had one for sale which he bought along with a freezer we had for sale too. Whilst delivering the units it came into the conversation that there was a chain saw on the premises in need of repair. My OH, being a retired horticultural engineer offered to take it home and see if it was repairable. It was and in exchange we were given a huge toblerone cheesecake (recommendation thread). Whilst all this is going on the orgers have another thread running about bartering skills.

Thanks to the org not only have we made new friends and introduced two other orgers to this chap looking for skilled work needing done in the future, but it turns out we both know our own "Sir Bob"....... What a small world and more power to the Org I say.

Hope a few orgers can make it to Mybster tonight, it would be like a mini orgers convention, with lovely fish and chips etc forbye.

Smile mybster tonight?

OK where exactly is this place to go for our fish and chips and cheesecake? and what sort of cost? I will do almost anything to avoid making a Sunday dinner tonight!

Default Chippy

I wont be going over to Mybster tonight for my fish and chips ,(I live in Wick) but I do wish the man all the best with his new venture.

The org certainly has many possitive aspects to it.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Default chip n shop

the way to get to the propetry is head to the A9 (the road opposite the brown trout carry on to the end (this a long road)(5Mile) then hang a left and the first house on the left ( approx 300metre)

if coming from thurso follow the road to inverness pass the little village called spittal and pass the cross roads and it is the first on the left

good luck in the new venture

Sounds like a good idea and I wish him well. Only thing though if he's "Mobile" will he be venturing into other areas of Caithness as well? I am sure HIE give money to people who travel the county with a service.

Wink Welcome Chef4celebrations

Glad you made it into the org family at last.

There is no better place than this forum to find out what is going on in the County.

Looking forward to your postings.

Good luck to you and the family with your ventures and thank you for joining us in Caithness.

Cool

thanks for your very kind words and i feel that i have just found a new family here in caithness and i have also extended my personal family to include a grandad and your good self.

p.s please tell your better half there is two banana's gone of the tree already

binbob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by chef4celebrations View Post
    thanks for your very kind words and i feel that i have just found a new family here in caithness and i have also extended my personal family to include a grandad and your good self.

p.s please tell your better half there is two banana's gone of the tree already
    well done richard/lizzie....may u live long and prosper..and poppet and OH too.what a team........dynamic or what

Default yummy yummy yummy!

Many thanks to Poppet and hubby for dropping a cheesecake into me.....is lovely and will be organising myself Mybster direction for a wee calorie intake on a regular basis!

Default more to offer

thanks very much, i have made more for the people who would like more or for those who would like to try it for the first time, all you got to do is come on down,

Thumbs up thanks

well thank you very much for your comments, if there is anything else you would like to try then just holler ok poppet

I have lots of sweet ideas, don`t tempt me.

After today there may well be a toblerone cheesecake appreciation society alive and well in Watten. I am making a delivery to Kathy@watten and Dadie later today.

Default more in the making if you want

i am making more cheesecake if you want more

OH YES please not sure how I can get it though
    Images of Spain can be seen at valspages.com

Default more to offer

i now have plenty cheesecake to go round .......lol

so poppet if you wannt some then you had best get back here before it all goes

Thumbs up bowline

just had fish and chips and they were great the chips were fantastic what a cahnge to get a decent chip go and try it

Was wondering are you trading in Halkirk yet as I went down last night just after 7pm and there was no sign of the van at all - we were very disappointed as we were looking forward to it.

What is all on the menu?

Default next week

all being well i was advised by the council that i should have my licence by the weekend?????? that's wishful thinking....lol. if so then it will be all go.....so see you soon