Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wanton Damage in Wick

Quote Originally Posted by brokencross View Post
    I didn't mean quit altogether just ease back on this thread. No-one is out and out against you. If you can rise above the critics without resorting to insults, and state your case clearly you will gain more support.
    Well said brokencross! Probably what I have been trying to say but makin a pig's ear of it!

Quote Originally Posted by dook View Post
    rfr. Everyone is busy and unfortunately it won't get any easier. Half the problem is that everyone is busy and expects someone else to do it. You are in an ideal position to find out who the thugs are so try doing it. Lead by example and inspire. Others will follow suit and kickstart the whole revolution. To be brutally honest, no roles you do will ever match up to protecting the safety and property of the public (ageless term).
    Honestly, I would if I could but there are other things currently at the top of the list at the moment and I've been known to take too much on at once so if I do look into this, it is likely to be once I have been to and finished university.

Quote Originally Posted by brokencross View Post
    I didn't mean quit altogether just ease back on this thread. No-one is out and out against you. If you can rise above the critics without resorting to insults, and state your case clearly you will gain more support.
    Well I do apologise for the insult but I don't appreciate anyone telling me I am speaking tosh. I did plan on stating one comment and very few more but as always, when I say something, it seems to generate attention and then everything always ends up in some sort of argument rather than a debate. My respect will go to those who read my comment, maybe briefly comment on it without anything implying "You're wrong". All that is required for people to say is- "I disagree with you here. My opinions are....." then we will all be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by rfr10 View Post
    Honestly, I would if I could but there are other things currently at the top of the list at the moment and I've been known to take too much on at once so if I do look into this, it is likely to be once I have been to and finished university.
    Bud. Not suggestin a thesis on it. Just get you and your mates to name names. Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by TBH View Post
    I doubt there is any greater prevalence of vandalism in Wick than there is in any Town or City in Scotland, in fact, Wickers are pretty much sheltered from some of the harsher crimes commited in other Towns and Cities throughout Scotland although Wick in general and Caithness in particular is unfortunately catching up in that respect.
    Funny this is a point I thought of making too but did not want to belittle the upset of fellow Caithnesians! Do you think things like this spread more quickly due to greater press coverage these days? Or are huge chunks of society just becoming sheep and the possible harsher and maybe, once upon a time, more old fashioned highland ideas being ditched for the latest fad to be found on tv or in a paper or magazine?

Excuse me, I do a heck of a lot more than some people in this world. Talk a lot- yes I do. Do little? - no I most certainly do not. Would you like me to provide a list of all the things I volunteer my time to like I have had to do in a previous thread where the person that said I did little found a few people arguing with them then..

And by the way.. I don't aspire to be a politician.
    No disrespect to you rfr10 but some people get on quietly with their voluntary work.
    They don't advertise what they do, they don't need to qualify it and they don't look for praise for something they do out of genuine kindness so Why do you feel the need to defend yourself on here?
    Your voluntary work will speak for itself through your actions and what people think then say about you on here should be of little consequence but you seem to strike the bait when you should take a step back and take a think to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by wifie View Post
    Funny this is a point I thought of making too but did not want to belittle the upset of fellow Caithnesians! Do you think things like this spread more quickly due to greater press coverage these days? Or are huge chunks of society just becoming sheep and the possible harsher and maybe, once upon a time, more old fashioned highland ideas being ditched for the latest fad to be found on tv or in a paper or magazine?
    No, I just think this thread is a hatchet job.

Quote Originally Posted by dook View Post
    Bud. Not suggestin a thesis on it. Just get you and your mates to name names. Easy.
    How will we do that though? We can't really accuse people of certain things without actually providing relevant evidence which is very difficult to do.

No, I just think this thread is a hatchet job.
    Sorry don't understand you!

No disrespect to you rfr10 but some people get on quietly with their voluntary work.
    They don't advertise what they do, they don't need to qualify it and they don't look for praise for something they do out of genuine kindness so Why do you feel the need to defend yourself on here?
    Your voluntary work will speak for itself through your actions and what people think then say about you on here should be of little consequence but you seem to strike the bait when you should take a step back and take a think to yourself.
    I wasn't looking for any praise at all. I am defending myself this time after being told I am like a politician and do little/ nothing. I feel very strongly when someone says this to me. Why is it always me who has to take the step back? Just because I'm the younger person amongst it all- most the people on this thread should take a step back, it is not only me. There are certain people who have not refered to my initial post or any of the others at all so if you want me to shut up then others should do the same. I am always the one being told on here that I'm wrong, I should take the step back and shut up and basically I should keep my opinions to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by wifie View Post
    Sorry don't understand you!
    I am sure you are quite familiar with the term, "Hatchet Job".
    Wick is a great little Town to bring up a family, low crime rate, good schooling, fairly safe to walk home at night without getting mugged or worse.
    Then we have this thread.

I wasn't looking for any praise at all. I am defending myself this time after being told I am like a politician and do little/ nothing. I feel very strongly when someone says this to me. Why is it always me who has to take the step back? Just because I'm the younger person amongst it all- most the people on this thread should take a step back, it is not only me. There are certain people who have not refered to my initial post or any of the others at all so if you want me to shut up then others should do the same. I am always the one being told on here that I'm wrong, I should take the step back and shut up and basically I should keep my opinions to myself.
    My apologies, I shouldn't have said, "Looking for praise".
    What I meant is that you have nothing to prove to anyone, you know what you contribute to your community, others know what you contribute.
    Yourself and those that are aware of your endeavours are the only people that matter. Rising to the bait presented by some faceless people on an internet forum is pointless, ignore it. You are young, you will learn.

Here comes Shelley!

Im 20, when i was in my teens i can say i never vandalised things! Yes i would go down the street with my friends on a Friday/Saturday night but it was harmless banter!

Not all teens are vandals! what about the people still doing this in their 20's-30's!

And yes there is a lack of things to do up here to stimulate teens! Nowhere is open at nights for them to go apart from pubs which anyone under 18 cant go in!! I hated it! Luckily i had hobbies to keep me going but there was still nothing to do at the weekends!

Consider us lucky! I would not like to live in any of the places that you hear of kidnapping, severe crime, murder etc etc! To them this place is heaven i suppose!

Phew....had my say! Good midnight say there!!!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

My apologies, I shouldn't have said, "Looking for praise".
    What I meant is that you have nothing to prove to anyone, you know what you contribute to your community, others know what you contribute.
    Yourself and those that are aware of your endeavours are the only people that matter. Rising to the bait presented by some faceless people on an internet forum is pointless, ignore it. You are young, you will learn.
    The forum is not pointless. You learn about other peoples thoughts on matters. And to those who told me that I should state my opinion and leave it- looking back at my initial post, I have just realised I had said nothing really which should have attracted such negative response so maybe I would shut up if others didn't post "taunting" comments.

The forum is not pointless. You learn about other peoples thoughts on matters. And to those who told me that I should state my opinion and leave it- looking back at my initial post, I have just realised I had said nothing really which should have attracted such negative response so maybe I would shut up if others didn't post "taunting" comments.
    Who said the forum is pointless, definitley not me but You are apparently well educated and cannot understand what I have written yet Should I explain it to you or can you work it out for yourself?

If there's mindless vandalism in Wick then the people of Wick should unite and get rid of it. Instead of arguing go and sort them out.
    rfr10 your enthusiasm and belief is wasted here... not wanting to be negative or anything.

Who said the forum is pointless, definitley not me but You are apparently well educated and cannot understand what I have written yet Should I explain it to you or can you work it out for yourself?
    Sorry misread your message after reading it quickly. I may be rising to the bait but then, aren't we all? It seems to start like this- I aggrivate someone, they aggrivate me and so on for a while until for some reason it is me who has to retreat. Why can't someone else for a change? Better still, not even refer to my post in the first place. I would be quite happy to end this debate/argument/discussion, whatever it is many times but not until it ends on a more positive note. It's more than just a random internet forum, it's a form of members of the community I live in. I am happy to end this when everyone else is and when people stop quoting me and complaing about something I have said.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    If there's mindless vandalism in Wick then the people of Wick should unite and get rid of it. Instead of arguing go and sort them out.
    rfr10 your enthusiasm and belief is wasted here... not wanting to be negative or anything.
    True but I have to admit that once it's started it's difficult to give up Well for me anyway. I didn't mean to start arguments again like I seem to be famous for on here. I meant to state my comment on the common excuses that young people will give for vandalism etc and leave it at that without expecting a whole army of people quoting and disagreeing.

Not that i am now wanting an argument....but (there is always a but) people have different opinions! I agree with some of yours, some of theirs! Alot of people are going to disagree (Wouldn't just say complain) with other peoples comments...and i am sure you have also disagreed with some other peoples comments!

We have views. We share them here. We get a very high blood pressure....our heads burst!

No but back to a serious note (rare from me) but i think we should let other people share opinions...and if somebody disagrees...then thats ok! Honestly it is!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

True but I have to admit that once it's started it's difficult to give up Well for me anyway. I didn't mean to start arguments again like I seem to be famous for on here. I meant to state my comment on the common excuses that young people will give for vandalism etc and leave it at that without expecting a whole army of people quoting and disagreeing.

I don't think you have done anything wrong. Your intentions are good. Your expressing an opinion what's wrong with that? Stick up for what you believe in...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast