Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Wanton Damage in Wick

Quote Originally Posted by TBH View Post
    The change of tack was your use of anecdotal evidence in your first post then, when challenged, stating that you are doing an open university thesis on social behavour and that Northern constabulary had provided you with "evidence", that "The percentage of vandalism in Wick is extremely high, In fact higher than towns of similar size in the Police area that Northern covers". I suggest that you sharpen your own tack, toot sweet.
    sorry your point caller is?? still don't get you. I have first hand experience of vandalism happening to my neighbours and to me. I am also studying social behaviour. So I am still finding it hard to get where you are coming from. I think all you want to do is wind up people. I did not find what happened to me very amusing, hence I submitted this thread. I take it by your stance you have not been a victim of such a cowardly crime?

Quote Originally Posted by Salad Fingers View Post
    sorry your point caller is?? still don't get you. I have first hand experience of vandalism happening to my neighbours and to me. I am also studying social behaviour. So I am still finding it hard to get where you are coming from. I think all you want to do is wind up people. I did not find what happened to me very amusing, hence I submitted this thread. I take it by your stance you have not been a victim of such a cowardly crime?
    Make up your mind. Is it experience you have gained through living in various Towns, Villages and cities, which you implied from the first post or, is it because you are doing a thesis on social behaviour and the statistics you claim to have gleaned from Northern constabulary back you up. Maybe it is a mixture of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by TBH View Post
    Make up your mind. Is it experience you have gained through living in various Towns, Villages and cities, which you implied from the first post or, is it because you are doing a thesis on social behaviour and the statistics you claim to have gleaned from Northern constabulary back you up. Maybe it is a mixture of the two.

Humbly sorry. I did not realise that when I submitted a thread I had to give my life story, experiences and what I do in my spare time in full. I thought i would submit a thread as a talking point because it is an issue in Wick and wondered about other peoples experiences.
    I will know for the next thread which I was planning posting called "Do you like your egg runny or hard boiled?" . I will make sure I will give a potted history of my egg eating habits. Where I have bought eggs from and books and articles I have read on the humble egg. Therefore you will be left without any doubt about my position on eggs and the sources of which I have used and the experience of which I have gained.

On that thread, do you like yours runny or hard-boiled TBH?

Humbly sorry. I did not realise that when I submitted a thread I had to give my life story, experiences and what I do in my spare time in full. I thought i would submit a thread as a talking point because it is an issue in Wick and wondered about other peoples experiences.
    I will know for the next thread which I was planning posting called "Do you like your egg runny or hard boiled?" . I will make sure I will give a potted history of my egg eating habits. Where I have bought eggs from and books and articles I have read on the humble egg. Therefore you will be left without any doubt about my position on eggs and the sources of which I have used and the experience of which I have gained.

Mmmmmm runny! Im having eggs tomorrow now! With soldiers! EEK!

Took me 15 mins to catch up on this thread!

I said before yes there is a lack of things to do for kids but today my mind wandered away and this is a list of things i thought of to do!:-

Swimming, cycling, skateboarding, rollerblading, youth clubs, night judo/karate classes, gymnastics, Army/Sea/Air Cadets, football, horse riding, majourets (not sure if this is still on the go)!

See there is some examples! There is things to do so i take back what i said! Im a taker backer!

But how active are kids now anyways?
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

When you are implying that for vandalism, Wick is the worst Town that you have lived in then yes, it pays to have the evidence available from the first post to support your claims otherwise those claims lose all credibility.
    BTW, I like my eggs runny with a sprinkling of pepper and salt and toast soldiers for the dipping of. .

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    I said before yes there is a lack of things to do for kids but today my mind wandered away and this is a list of things i thought of to do!
    There are plenty of things for kids to do, but they need to be shown and taught how to find things to amuse themselves, by their parents.

As a small child, my parents instilled in me a keen interest in nature by taking me on excursions to various places (the shoreline near Mey to see the seals basking on the rocks stands out in my memory) and my interest in football was inspired by my monthly visit to the Harmsworth as a guest of my Grandfather. (Willie Wydmuch and Pattie Miller still remain legendary heroes to me!)

As I got older, if I wasn't playing football I was off exploring, looking to see what I could find - simply because my parents showed me that if you took the time to look for things, you'll never know what you might find. This mantra stays with you for life.

So, as usual, I blame the parents. Teach your children about life. Teach them that there is a world out there, and that it's fascinating. Teach them how to do stuff, how to find stuff, and how to appreciate stuff.

Lazy parenting breeds bored children.

Edit: I like my eggs hard boiled and scoffed 50 at a time.
    Last edited by Metalattakk; 12-Jan-09 at 16:08.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    There are plenty of things for kids to do, but they need to be shown and taught how to find things to amuse themselves, by their parents.

As a small child, my parents instilled in me a keen interest in nature by taking me on excursions to various places (the shoreline near Mey to see the seals basking on the rocks stands out in my memory) and my interest in football was inspired by my monthly visit to the Harmsworth as a guest of my Grandfather. (Willie Wydmuch and Pattie Miller still remain legendary heroes to me!)

As I got older, if I wasn't playing football I was off exploring, looking to see what I could find - simply because my parents showed me that if you took the time to look for things, you'll never know what you might find. This mantra stays with you for life.

So, as usual, I blame the parents. Teach your children about life. Teach them that there is a world out there, and that it's fascinating. Teach them how to do stuff, how to find stuff, and how to appreciate stuff.

Lazy parenting breeds bored children.

One the other side of the coin, i have have, since he was very young, tried to get my son interested in various activities, Badminton, Tennis, Skateboarding, Bmx Bikes, Mountain Biking, Learing An Instrument, he showed an initial interest in all those, but that interest lasted for the attention span of your average flea, i do not follow Football at all so he's never been exposed to it in our house, but when he was about 8 he wanted to join the East End Boys Football Club, so we got him the kit and took him along, he lasted 3 sessions before losing interest.

The only thing i have managed to get him interested in over a sustained period is Video Games, Computers, Movies and Music, i suppose i shouldn't really complain though, he's 16 and doesn't hang around the street, plus he's against drinking and smoking, when he's not at school he's either in his room or at Geek Club on a Thursday night, well that's what i call it, it's a club for people who play Warhammer 40K, i'm not sure what it's all about cos' the first rule of Geek Club is that you don't talk about Geek Club

I have tried and tried and tried to get him interested in some sort of physical activity but he's just not interested, i have tried to explain the health implications of having no physical exercise other than walking to school each day but it falls on deaf ears, he's quite a bit overweight now as well, he gets a good healthy diet from me as far as his meals go, but then he sits in his room packing himself full of all the crap that teenagers do, and it's not doing him any good at all.

So yes, there plenty of things for teenagers to do, but getting them interested in them is a whole different story.

Quote Originally Posted by rfr10 View Post

From the mind of a young person- the reason many would do such things is lack of things to do hence the reason why we are attempting to get a youth cafe in Wick. Although this is no excuse to get up to such immiture behaviour, this will be a reason. The increased amount of negative press about young people doesn't make matters any better. Press should be publishing more achievements on young peoples' behalf rather than the negatives. This is likely to reduce the bad name young people or "Youth" have for themselve. It is evident that some young people want attention and if they only way to get attention is to vandalise, etc then this is undoubtedly what they will do. If more attention is payed to positive aspects of their life then they are likely to take part in worthwhile activities.
    R E S P E C T ...... that's what is lacking not a lack of things to do

Quote Originally Posted by Penelope Pitstop View Post
    R E S P E C T ...... that's what is lacking not a lack of things to do
    Hear Hear, and knowing their place in the pecking order of life, if they want rights and privileges, they have to earn them.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

[quote=Metalattakk;482181]

Edit: I like my eggs hard boiled and scoffed 50 at a time. [quote]

i had eggs today because of it being mentioned! Eggs and soldiers! Attention!!! LOL!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Behold the turtle - he only ever gets anywhere by sticking his neck out...

I was going to comment, but now I'm off to prepare soft boiled eggs and soldiers...
    Currently reading:- The tea leaves

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456