Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnant Doggy

Thats ok. I do have other people interested but didn't want to tell people they were definately getting a puppy until i know how many she has, the one that has definately gone is going to the owner of the stud dog and i have at least 3 other people interested ready for when they are born.

I have looked into everything carefully before i decided to let her have puppies and made sure that there is definately a want for her puppies, and i will of course keep any puppies until they do find good loving homes. She is a very small spaniel and will be very surprised if she has more than 5, and there is still ther very real chance that i will keep one myself as i doubt i will be able to resist once they are born.

I am also only letting her have one litter and as soon as the puppies are weaned little misty will be off to the vets to get spayed.

Thumbs up Good for you!

Thanks for the explanation Kitty.

I wasn't having a 'go at you' but, unlike yourself, there are too many irresponsible people who let their dogs(or should I say bitches)have puppies with no thought of the consequences.

Looking forward to photos of the puppies.I am getting my 'aaaaawwwwws' all ready!!!lol
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Thanks for the explanation Kitty.

I wasn't having a 'go at you' but, unlike yourself, there are too many irresponsible people who let their dogs(or should I say bitches)have puppies with no thought of the consequences.

Looking forward to photos of the puppies.I am getting my 'aaaaawwwwws' all ready!!!lol

I completely agree with you Liz, there are far too many people that over breed their dogs without any thought to what will happen to the puppies or to the poor dog if they have too many puppies.

Hi Emma,

She looks huge now eh !
    I think some people jump the gun a little and i think you'll have no problems in gettting good homes for your puppies as springers are VERY
    Popular and make great workers / pets, there is a lady who goes to Caithness Canine Club Dog Agility with her's and does really well with them and they compete regularly !

Keep us updated and Good luck !

Thanks Zoe, i don't rekon i should have too much bother either, just can't wait now.

I would like a shot of your big dog bed though if you don't mind, it'll do her til the pups can start getting out and about

No problem i'll get it too you soon ok !

Thanks for explaining that. I wasn't meaning to have a go either, I just hate the fact that so many dogs are being PTS each day, when they could be finding homes. I'm glad to hear she will be off to be spayed as soon as its possible. I hope the pups birth goes well, please keep us updated and share pics if you can
    ~Sarah~
    Owner of 2 greyhounds, 1 Lurcher puppy, 2 cats, 3 rabbits, 3 guinea pig's and a hamster!

Another update for you all, as you can see she's put on a fair bit of weight now and my poor baby is soo tired. Puppies are due on tuesday so get ready for some pics of them

Talking

Oh bless the mum in waiting.

She looks like she'll be glad when Tuesday comes! Looking forward to news of the arrivals.

I can't wait for it for her, seeing her struggle to do things she normally does. The other night she tried to jump the wall to greet me as i came home from work which she normally does but this time she couldn't make it

Oh bless her! Still not long now.

Looking forward to seeing the little ones.......I see that Mum has the milk bar stocked and ready so they will end up like little puddings.

Aww bless! I really want one! lol
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

poor her eyes are screaming get em out

lol not long til u is a granny kitty pmsl you getting grey hairs yet
    "You can keep a dog; but it is the cat who keeps people, because cats find humansuseful domestic animals."- George Mikes

Smile

Aww poor little sweetheart!! Her look says it all!!

I can imagine how she feels - I think I looked as fed up when I was pregnant and I only had 1 jiggling around.

Good Luck for Tuesday and keep us posted!!

Quote Originally Posted by kitty kat View Post
    poor her eyes are screaming get em out

lol not long til u is a granny kitty pmsl you getting grey hairs yet
    Me? Grey hairs? Never .........................

Ok i've already got a few of them so don't think i can put it down to being a granny. lol

Quote Originally Posted by teenybash View Post
    Looking forward to seeing the little ones.......I see that Mum has the milk bar stocked and ready so they will end up like little puddings.

She certainly does, everytime she lies down it's leaking out all over the place, poor little thing doesn't know whats happening to her

Quote Originally Posted by girnigoe View Post
    Aww poor little sweetheart!! Her look says it all!!

I can imagine how she feels - I think I looked as fed up when I was pregnant and I only had 1 jiggling around.

Good Luck for Tuesday and keep us posted!!

Thank you. I know, she looks so fed up with it all. I was thinking exactly the same as you about when i was pregnant and i too only had one, at least it gives me sympathy for her. lol

hi when our cocker had hers (last sept she went five days early) the day she went into labour she was not herself at all couldn't settle all day and then about 10o'clock at night she had a show when i let her out for the toilet. about an hour after that she started shivering quite violently, and at midnight the first pup was born.

I stayed with hepzie the whole night are you planning sitting up with your spaniel or just going to let her get on with it

Quote Originally Posted by lynne duncan View Post
    hi when our cocker had hers (last sept she went five days early) the day she went into labour she was not herself at all couldn't settle all day and then about 10o'clock at night she had a show when i let her out for the toilet. about an hour after that she started shivering quite violently, and at midnight the first pup was born.

I stayed with hepzie the whole night are you planning sitting up with your spaniel or just going to let her get on with it

She's had some shivers this morning and is now being very quiet and starting to dig up her bed so looks like she's on her way now.

I'm going to see what she wants to do, i know i'll be able to tell if she wants me around or wants to be left alone so i'll just wait and see, I know one thing for sure though and thats if she does start having them through the night i won't be getting much sleep whether she wants the company or not i'm already waking up every couple of hours and checking on her and her bed is only a couple of feet away from mine . It's like having a baby of my own again

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast