Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnant Doggy

hi there, many congratulations on your impending pregnancy!
    our cocker had 5 puppies in september and thankfully everything went exceedingly smoothly.
    we read everything and googled everywhere. (http://www.tangtini.co.uk/Pregnancy%20Calendar.html) gives a cockers blow by blow account for their pregnancies,

we also got a brilliant book from amazon (The Whelping and Rearing of Puppies: A Complete and Practical Guide)

also you tube is brilliant for watching dog labour if this is your first time

binbob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lynne duncan View Post
    our cocker had 5 puppies in september and thankfully everything went exceedingly smoothly.
    we read everything and googled everywhere. (http://www.tangtini.co.uk/Pregnancy%20Calendar.html) gives a cockers blow by blow account for their pregnancies,

we also got a brilliant book from amazon (The Whelping and Rearing of Puppies: A Complete and Practical Guide)

lynee..u are just an old hand at this now!!

Have we confirmed doggy is pregnant then? I am so excited to know?!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lynne duncan View Post

Thanks for that lynne, i shall have a look at that web site

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    Have we confirmed doggy is pregnant then? I am so excited to know?!
    Hey Shelley

Not as yet we haven't but still really hopeful, tbh i can't see why she wouldn't be, don't like to count my puppies before they are born though, lol

a pal of mines jack russell, due in 12 days

poor little sod, shes fatter now

It can't be easy on them buggyracer, especially the smaller animals, i always thought that if the dog was smaller then they prob wouldn't have as many in a litter but i've now realised that isn't true, a typical springer has between 5 and 8

my jack russell had 6 and they all came out happy and healthy but 6 i couldnt believe it
    "You can keep a dog; but it is the cat who keeps people, because cats find humansuseful domestic animals."- George Mikes

Hi all,
    On your spaniel bitch you can get her scanned at 30 days, i would recommend it for her first time, we get all our 1st time bitches done..
    Its just not for making sure she's in pup but it should tell if there's hearts beats but it won't show you how many as they like to hide !

We've had a few litters now and all got great homes with lots of feed back from our owners !

Well good luck !

Zoe - Froal Whippets

Just a wee update..................... Still no sure for definate but my wee baby is def seeming a wee bit tubbier.

I know it could still be a phantom pregnancy but have a good feeling that we will have puppies by 24 Feb. (i really hope so anyway)

I will keep you all posted and there will be pics if and when they arrive

bet your getting excited now

puppies
    "You can keep a dog; but it is the cat who keeps people, because cats find humansuseful domestic animals."- George Mikes

I am, its ridiculous i know but i can't help myself

Thought i'd add another photo to show you all how big she is now getting, should have pups in about 3 weeks

What a lovely choochy face....she will be a great little mum.

Quote Originally Posted by teenybash View Post
    What a lovely choochy face....she will be a great little mum.

Thats her 'mum i don't know whats happening to me' face.

Thanks teenybash, i think she'll be a brilliant mum to

She's beautiful do you have homes for all the pups?
    ~Sarah~
    Owner of 2 greyhounds, 1 Lurcher puppy, 2 cats, 3 rabbits, 3 guinea pig's and a hamster!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    She's beautiful do you have homes for all the pups?
    Thanks Sarah, not yet i don't, i've got a home for one so far, we'll just have to wait and see how many she has, hopefully it won't be to difficult though

She is lovely bless her.

Hope all goes well and you soon hear the patter of tiny paws.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Quote Originally Posted by kitty View Post
    Thanks Sarah, not yet i don't, i've got a home for one so far, we'll just have to wait and see how many she has, hopefully it won't be to difficult though
    Do you not have a waiting list? Why breed her when you aren't sure of homes for all the puppies? Especially when so many dogs are being given up right now.
    ~Sarah~
    Owner of 2 greyhounds, 1 Lurcher puppy, 2 cats, 3 rabbits, 3 guinea pig's and a hamster!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    Do you not have a waiting list? Why breed her when you aren't sure of homes for all the puppies? Especially when so many dogs are being given up right now.
    Sorry Kitty but I do agree with Sarah.

What if you don't get homes for all the puppies?
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast