Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnant Doggy

Talking Pregnant Doggy

I have a lovely springer spaniel who i am now hoping is pregnant.

I was just wandering what other orgers have experienced with their pregnant doggies, changes in appetitie, them not being themselves, that sort of thing.

Last edited by kitty; 06-Jan-09 at 19:56.

i remember when our dog was pregnant she began making little beds everywhere and went really thin at her back end, plus went realy motherly towards soft toys taking them to her bed and carring them around lik a puppy

I can't wait for her to be like that. I'm already planning everything because i know it won't be that long to wait if she is.

hey u should feed ur dog puppy food cos it has the right ingredants for ur dog when pregant

Oh crumbs, I wish I hadn't clicked on this thread - I've *always* wanted a Springer!

(OH and I have said no dog until our very ancient cat is no longer with us, as it wouldn't be fair on her to introduce a puppy at her time of life)

Quote Originally Posted by cullykev View Post
    hey u should feed ur dog puppy food cos it has the right ingredants for ur dog when pregant

Hi, yeah i read that i am meant to feed her premium puppy food. What is classed as premium puppy food?? Does anyone know??

Quote Originally Posted by cazmanian_minx View Post
    Oh crumbs, I wish I hadn't clicked on this thread - I've *always* wanted a Springer!

(OH and I have said no dog until our very ancient cat is no longer with us, as it wouldn't be fair on her to introduce a puppy at her time of life)

I'm not going to help. lol. I ended up with her by mistake and would never part with her now. They're such a loving breed and so friendly. Brilliant with my son as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kitty View Post
    I'm not going to help. lol. I ended up with her by mistake and would never part with her now. They're such a loving breed and so friendly. Brilliant with my son as well.
    Yes, but are you planning on keeping all the puppies too???

She's a lovely looking dog - glad she's in such a good home

Yes, but are you planning on keeping all the puppies too???

She's a lovely looking dog - glad she's in such a good home

Thank you. If i had the space and the time i would do. I'm such a softie when it comes to my animals.

Premium puppy food are makes such as Hills, James Wellbeloved, Wainwrights etc, if you pop in to Pets at Home they'll advise you on what the premium brands are.

Quote Originally Posted by neepnipper View Post
    Premium puppy food are makes such as Hills, James Wellbeloved, Wainwrights etc, if you pop in to Pets at Home they'll advise you on what the premium brands are.

Thanks neenipper i will do that soon and start stocking up

Thank you. If i had the space and the time i would do. I'm such a softie when it comes to my animals.
    It is good to pamper pets! They are excellent companions!

My cat is male, he likes to take wee kittens or puppies and treat them like his own! Teach them the ropes etc etc! Its lovely!

Hope all goes well!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    It is good to pamper pets! They are excellent companions!

My cat is male, he likes to take wee kittens or puppies and treat them like his own! Teach them the ropes etc etc! Its lovely!

Hope all goes well!

Thanks shelley, as i've said i'm just hoping that she is pregnant. I always pamper my pets, i can't help it, especially her. I've got another dog that is like your cat, he is so soft and good mannered with any animal i decide to bring into the house, i know that when/if she does have puppies that as soon as they are old enough he will just lie there and let them all run around him and play. I can't wait

She is a lovely springer. We have two and treasure them although you dont need to be houseproud as they really like to bring outdoors in lol!
    Lisbit

"A faithful friend is the medicine of life"

Quote Originally Posted by lisbit View Post
    She is a lovely springer. We have two and treasure them although you dont need to be houseproud as they really like to bring outdoors in lol!

I got my lovley little girl by mistake, took her to look after for a weekend that turned into a couple of weeks, then a month and then i wouldn't let her go.

When i take her walks we go up a country path, when we are on our way home she runs the entire time in the ditch and comes out black, but she loves it.

You can have mine; he has practically broken my finger with being in such a hurry to get to the beach! Had him tied to a railing in town and when I went to release him he took off like a rocket! Unfortunately, my finger was on the other side of the railing holding his lead..........but I love him really!

And I have such an important date on Sunday too so I hope I can handle a knife and fork by then!

Thanks shelley, as i've said i'm just hoping that she is pregnant. I always pamper my pets, i can't help it, especially her. I've got another dog that is like your cat, he is so soft and good mannered with any animal i decide to bring into the house, i know that when/if she does have puppies that as soon as they are old enough he will just lie there and let them all run around him and play. I can't wait
    Well fingers crossed she is pregnant then! Puppies are so fun to watch! Watching them grow and learn by mistakes!! Just like babies i suppose...you fall over...you get back up with more will power!

Keep us posted! I will be watching this thread for more info!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

"When i take her walks we go up a country path, when we are on our way home she runs the entire time in the ditch and comes out black, but she loves it".

Yep, that's what spaniels are good at!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    Well fingers crossed she is pregnant then! Puppies are so fun to watch! Watching them grow and learn by mistakes!! Just like babies i suppose...you fall over...you get back up with more will power!

Keep us posted! I will be watching this thread for more info!

I seriously can't wait, i let my cat have a couple of litters of kittens and when they were around you didn't need telly or anything else, i just watched them playing the whole time.

Don't worry i will keep you all posted as soon as i can see any evidence of pregnancy there will be more pics of her and then when/if the little bundles of fun and mischief arrive there should probably be an entire section just for pictures of the puppies. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Torvaig View Post
    "When i take her walks we go up a country path, when we are on our way home she runs the entire time in the ditch and comes out black, but she loves it".

Yep, that's what spaniels are good at!

They just seem to love it so much. It's great to watch, not so great though once they reach the house

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast