Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Boarding Dog Kennels

Default Boarding Dog Kennels

Can anyone help me here by recommending good boarding kennels for my two dogs in the area of Wick. Anyone tried any of them and who should I avoid. Have heard some awful stories about the condition of dogs when owners have returned so would like some information from anyone. Thanks.

PM porshie, she will know.
    computer says no ........

You could try Ramscraigs at Dunbeath, they look to be well kept.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

Quote Originally Posted by Venture
    Can anyone help me here by recommending good boarding kennels for my two dogs in the area of Wick. Anyone tried any of them and who should I avoid. Have heard some awful stories about the condition of dogs when owners have returned so would like some information from anyone. Thanks.
    Try Ramscraigs Kennels on 01593 731305. Graham would be happy to show you round so that you could make up your own mind. You could also get your dogs groomed by a professional with 12 years experience during their stay.. I would advise that you personally check any Kennel before booking so that you don't worry whilst you are away.

I have heard very good reports about Ramscraig and would have no hesitation in putting my dog to stay there.

My dog hasn't been to the boarding kennels but he does go there to be groomed and is looked after so well.
    I have also seen the dogs in the kennels and they all look really happy and well cared for and saw Graham and his staff taking them out for play and exercise and they were great with the dogs!

Well done on researching a nice place for your dog to stay!

My previous Triple Post was not me being pushy, it was a glitch on the system system system.

Ramscraig is very good and I have no problem putting my dog there. You just need to book early as Graham gets busy quickly, especially around school holidays.

I cannot recommend any other kennel in the area.

longreen kennels nr keiss. my dog loves it & theyre cheaper than ramscraig.

Last time my dog was in longreen,i arrived early to pick her up and she was in the bottom kennel,with all the yuck of the day running past her.Pay a bit xtra for your dogs happiness and go to ramscraig you`ll feel better too.
    Respect To The Yeti

Quote Originally Posted by BRIE
    longreen kennels nr keiss. my dog loves it & theyre cheaper than ramscraig.
    Avoid Longreen kennels at all costs!!!! they are miserable, dirty, filthy.

I've heard Ramscraigs are good, but I've never been able to get my dog in, cuz they're always fully booked. There's another very good kennel which I can recommend, down by Dornoch.

krieve Guest

I have also heard also heard to avoid longreen at all cost .

Quote Originally Posted by krieve
    I have also heard also heard to avoid longreen at all cost .
    Do they have a cattery there, my mum watches the dog while i'm on holiday but I usually put the cat to zoe's cattery.. I know a friend who put her dog to Longreen but I never heard what it was like..I must ask her..
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan
    Avoid Longreen kennels at all costs!!!! they are miserable, dirty, filthy.

I've heard Ramscraigs are good, but I've never been able to get my dog in, cuz they're always fully booked. There's another very good kennel which I can recommend, down by Dornoch.
    Just for info. The owner of Ramscraigs tells me he is building a new extension which should be open by May. Also he only fills up early during school holidays. There are vacancies at other times.

Big Thank-you to everyone who gave advice on this thread have now managed to book the dogs in for July at Ramscraigs. Just in time by all accounts as Graham is well on his way to being full up for July.So if you want to get your dog in I suggest you phone ASAP.