Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: bit of help for a new musical direction.

Default bit of help for a new musical direction.

as some of you may know on here i sometimes dabble in attempting to create some music.

although im still working on my project shadows in red (wrist slitting music, cheers gizmo lol)

and im working with the creator of project pheonix,

plus i also do my own alternative electronica/ industrial music.

but also because im still teaching myself cinephotograhy (spelling?)

and that i am obsessed with film and movies etc, i have found that i have at least just over two hours of soundtracking/ orchestral/ ambient/ thematic music that i have created.

was thinking is there any point in releasing this locally, as i am very proud of it.

i have resources for original artwork for covers etc, just wondered is there any point in putting a bit more energy on this?

thoughts, comments?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by K dragon View Post
    as some of you may know on here i sometimes dabble in attempting to create some music.

although im still working on my project shadows in red (wrist slitting music, cheers gizmo lol)

and im working with the creator of project pheonix,

plus i also do my own alternative electronica/ industrial music.

but also because im still teaching myself cinephotograhy (spelling?)

and that i am obsessed with film and movies etc, i have found that i have at least just over two hours of soundtracking/ orchestral/ ambient/ thematic music that i have created.

was thinking is there any point in releasing this locally, as i am very proud of it.

i have resources for original artwork for covers etc, just wondered is there any point in putting a bit more energy on this?

thoughts, comments?

thanks
    Should contact the players. Im sure they would be interested in using some material for their stage shows and the like. Also, Eden Court, you might make some money out of it from them.

I once got paid a handsome sum for providing a soundrack and musical direction. And it wasnt very good at all!!

You could also try submitting samples to television/film production companies.
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

Hi
    If you check out www.petethomas.co.uk he has a big section on production music/composing/arranging. He's a saxophonist so his background is Jazz/blues rock and roll but he earns his crust producing music for films adverts etc. It may not be exactly what you want but there should be lots of useful info in there.
    Good luck
    Dave

PS did you ever edit footage from the big band video you did?

oh, the big band footage, i completely forgot about that.

my apologies on for not contacting you, i recently moved house and the house needed a lot of work etc, and i havent really had any time. but i know that the footage i shot on that day wasnt usuable, as the wedding set up in the room at the timwe completely got in the way of every shot, the lighting was okay.

and the the back camera the footage became damaged, wasnt pleased.

just been so busy as of late i apologise for the lack of contact.

cheers for the advice.

but at the mo i was looking more at the direction of just releasing it locally, make a smal bit of cash but i would like to establish myself a bit more. as i dont gig with any of my projects its hard and damn near impossible to make a name for myself, and lets face it the whole come listen to my myspace page never really works if people dont know you exist lol.

i was just wanting to maybe release an album of my orchestral stuff, and then my industrial.

just locally, i know that sounds strange but im not out to make cash, music is my hobby and at the moment dont want to make a job or career out of it.

i will throw a few of my racks on my dreaded myspace page,

just to see if you think its worth pursuing.

thanks

some of my tracks are up, some old and new.

www.myspace.com/davidjhobbs

I would just "go with the flow".
    I have a Rock Myspace a Hip hop Myspace and I am working on an R n B one and a Trance one as well!!!.
    I like so many different genres of music that I hate being "pigeon-holed" as one or the other. I just produce what I like and if others like it then woo-hoo happy days if not then their loss!!

Just keep doing what youre doing and all will become clear my son!!!
    You will truly be a jedi one day.