Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Keep Fit

Default Keep Fit

Does anyone know of keep fit classes, step classes in Thurso or Wick.

they do aqua aerobics in the both swimming pools worth a try i have heard it is really good
    "You can keep a dog; but it is the cat who keeps people, because cats find humansuseful domestic animals."- George Mikes

Keep-fit in Keiss Hall on a Thursday night from 7pm to 8pm. It costs £3. Take a drink and a towel or exercise mat.

There is keepfit classes in the assembly rooms on a mon 6-7pm, yoga/pilates type classes on a tue 6.30-7.30pm and a class for larger/older ladies on a wed 6-7pm, all the classes run by fiona harper,they are £3 and you just have to bring a mat. She also does a class with sure start which is for mums with young children (pre school age). It's on a tue morning 10-11am. This class is only £1 and thats for a creche as well, it's well worth it. Theres not many classes you get for a pound and a creche nowadays.

they are £1 PER CHILD. I have 2 little ones and it costs me £2 to go!

I did wonder how much it would cost if I didnt take the kids though!

The class only runs school termtime only so wont start back untill next tue
    Last edited by Dadie; 05-Jan-09 at 09:42. Reason: oops

I never understand why people go to keep fit classes and often drive to get to them, between doing the housework, gardening, looking after animals etc. I reckon I do more then most people who go to these classes, I suppose the main attraction is doing it with other people making it more of a social event.

I drive to the classes as I live in Watten and the classes are in Wick!
    Its just too far to push the buggy