Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recording Gear standoff

Default standoff

this is what i use across 2 computers,audition1.5,reason 3(love it),cakewalk dimension pro,edirol super quartet,korg legacy,loadsa vst and i's like juno ,novation,linplug etc ,,n.i. tracktor and express ,keyboard and absynth,cubase ,wavelab 6,pro tools 6.7,sampletank2 v2.5,ableton live 6,
    hard ware stuff akai dps 12,alto 100fx,behringer 2031a's and b2092a,and my 5 yr old has magix music maker 12.

Have just re-installed Reason 2.5 and its taking me a while to get back into the swing of working it!Though love the way it flows,cant wait to finish all the tutorials!.
    Still messing about with Waves Mercury which is absolute class at this price it should be!!! http://register.waves.com/wavesstore/storemain.aspx#

protools is not that expensive as everyone makes out, it is only an expensive tool if you want to record live band's with over 12 ch ,

if you are looking for a basic protools system you do need a good computer , work's as good on windows as with mac. if you are looking for a small home recording system you can get digidesign interfaces for about £200 .

Quote Originally Posted by cs&l View Post
    protools is not that expensive as everyone makes out, it is only an expensive tool if you want to record live band's with over 12 ch ,

if you are looking for a basic protools system you do need a good computer , work's as good on windows as with mac. if you are looking for a small home recording system you can get digidesign interfaces for about £200 .
    Agreed about the first part. I generally use 8 channels to record a drum kit, the digidesign interfaces that are under £200 are usually only 2-4 channels. We got an 8 channel Motu interface for £300. Pro Tools is a good toy though, eventually I'd like to have access to both Cubase and Pro Tools for different things.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12