Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: willow

Default willow

hi im looking for willow cuttings to put down my drive

Hi,i got mine last year from the wellington center in wick,worth a try and money goes to local charity

Default willow

how many willow are you looking for? wellington enterprises ltd

lots i have a long drive

Is it true that you can just shove them in the ground and they grow? I am seriously considering that to go round my garden too.

Where is the Wellington Centre in Wick?

The Wellington centre is opposite Sutherland Bros on the Airport estate.

yes you take cuttings and just shove them in they will also will root in a bucket of water

Default wellington centre

does this place do other shrubs/trees for sale as I need loads of bits and pieces for round my sand arena to eventually screen it off from sight, I would be able to pick up and willing to pay too!

Default will low

not back at wellington centre until end of month but have willow/ rowan / and more/ but can take orders now pls working for and with adults with learning disabilities take care stan

Default willow

common alders 1.25 willow 1.00 dog rose 1.25
    rowan 1.25 more rowan in soon sold out
    all are bare rooted but have some willow are pot grow 1.50
    wellington enterprises ltd

Default willow

hey am quite interested in willow and possibly others too
    when are you back at the wellington centre
    chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy@watten View Post
    does this place do other shrubs/trees for sale as I need loads of bits and pieces for round my sand arena to eventually screen it off from sight, I would be able to pick up and willing to pay too!
    Im trying to shelter my sand arena / field too. Got willow, hawthorn, beech and alder in. Problem is that the horses seem to like eating the young plants (or rather pulling them up, chewing them up and spitting them out). We are now using electric fence to keep horses off until the hedges become established. Willow and alder seem to be growing at twice the rate of the other two so I would recommend them. The garden centre in castletown can supply them bare-rooted in bulk at a good price - quicker than using cuttings but obviously a lot more expensive. Good luck with yours!!

Default rowan

rowan back in stock at wellington centre in wick

I take loads of cuttings from willow in the winter when they're dormant. I just pull off small side shoots (either with a heel or without) and shove em in an old coffee jar full of water. The ones I took a couple of months ago are already starting to produce buds. The roots aren't great yet but once they're well developed I'll pot them on into pots and plant them out at the end of the year. So easy! And free if you see any Willow trees around and about.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

that great thanks all i need to do is find some willow i did get some hay from someone a few years ago over dunnet way they had a willow lined drive if only i could remember who they were