Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How many times do you have to get suspended before...

valentine Guest

Exclamation How many times do you have to get suspended before...

Your banned for life?
    There appears to be one or two people on this forum that get suspended then come straight back under a different name, they seem to come on try to wind people up get others into trouble and then get suspended, come back on and start all over again.
    Do you think that these people should be banned altogether or is is an impossible situation that we have to put up.- a bit like neighbours from hell only forum members from hell!!

Freedom of speech includes winding people up.

Maybe we should ask Caithness org to start a special forum just for 'nice' people.

We could insist that they sign some kind of electronic contract and pledge to only say 'nice' thing about kittens and squirrels and never ever upset anybody.

Or maybe we just let the forums reflect the great big world we all live in!

someone got suspended today, not sure why but i think maybe 2 warnings and out for good on the 3rd but as you said you can just come back as someone else. We all squabble at times but I'm sure most people on here don't mean to be rude to anyone else just that some get wound up by certain threads, like me for instance on the baby in bin liner one. I have deep respect for members on here and wouldn't intentionally want to upset any of them.
    computer says no ........

valentine Guest

Default How many times...

Didnt mean it that way just meant when folk come on with the sole intention of causing a problem or being personal. Dont think that is necessary just rude and uncalled for?

Quote Originally Posted by SweatyBetty
    Freedom of speech includes winding people up.
    what is the point in being nasty? Just because it is possible to be nasty doesn't mean we should exercise that right.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead
    what is the point in being nasty? Just because it is possible to be nasty doesn't mean we should exercise that right.
    I am not talking about being personally abusive.
    I do think that people can hold very strong views which others may vehemently disagree with.

It is also useful to have people putting forward unpopular views to stimulate debate and focus the mental process.

Quote Originally Posted by valentine
    Didnt mean it that way just meant when folk come on with the sole intention of causing a problem or being personal. Dont think that is necessary just rude and uncalled for?
    Im sure some of the "older members" can put them straight if you know what i mean .
    computer says no ........

I find people have different thresholds when it comes to assessing 'nasty'.
    There's room surely for robust debate, vigorous exchanges of opinion and candour. Some more sensitive contributors might find 'robust' equates to 'nasty' It takes all sorts, Rheghead. Should we be completely annodine just to please the very sensitive?

I agree that nastiness, just for the sake of it, if it's highly personal and destructive is uncalled for. I haven't seen too much of that in this forum.

Folk like to have a good blether and a stumulating debate....nastiness causes conversations to stop.As the old saying goes.Its good to talk.

wickerinca Guest

Quote Originally Posted by s.t.u
    hear hear well said .
    Welcome s.t.u. Fully agree with Cedric.....you can have a bit of fun with someone without getting nasty. Tends to put me off reading a thread when it starts getting too personal!!

Quote Originally Posted by valentine
    Your banned for life?
    There appears to be one or two people on this forum that get suspended then come straight back under a different name, they seem to come on try to wind people up get others into trouble and then get suspended, come back on and start all over again.
    Do you think that these people should be banned altogether or is is an impossible situation that we have to put up.- a bit like neighbours from hell only forum members from hell!!
    Did you mean the thread about horses where someone who thought they were being cryptic revealed all someones other names..It didn,t take much working out..
    Last edited by connieb19; 01-Feb-06 at 07:11.
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

wickerinca Guest

Quote Originally Posted by s.t.u
    But were does the fun stop though .
    Don't ask me...I'm pretty new to this!!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    Did you mean the thread about horses where someone who thought they were being cryptic revealed all their other names..It didn,t take much working out..
    where did that thread go cause i replied on it and now it's gone an some people appear to be suspended... although i think i got jist of the issue....

Quote Originally Posted by teritoots
    where did that thread go cause i replied on it and now it's gone an some people appear to be suspended... although i think i got jist of the issue....
    I noticed it gone when i went to reply..too. Pity, it was an interesting read..lol
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric Farthsbottom III
    Folk like to have a good blether and a stumulating debate....nastiness causes conversations to stop.As the old saying goes.Its good to talk.
    Well said, we all like a blether in here, but when the "Mickey Mosts" of this world come in and try to disrupt a web site as good as this, then I agree they should be banned for life.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Am I being dim? I justlooked for crayola and she is suspended. What on earth did crayola do to get all those redboxes? Last time i looked she was at the top of the reputation list!!!!!

How come she is suddenly so bad? Im actually starting to feel a little less secure in my never having had a suspension for anything in all the time i have been here if it can beoverturned in one short moment

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmoore
    its not his fault youve all had a sense of humour by-pass.
    There is a broad line between humour and cheek. Mickey has absolutely no intention of excelling in the former.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

wickerinca Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmoore
    "Mickey Mosts"????? its not his fault youve all had a sense of humour by-pass. I mean i sometimes fall asleep reading the drivel you spout.
    Well...perhaps you would be best logging out for good if we are so boring. You could go and start your own forum site.

Quote Originally Posted by squidge
    Am I being dim? I justlooked for crayola and she is suspended. What on earth did crayola do to get all those redboxes? Last time i looked she was at the top of the reputation list!!!!!

How come she is suddenly so bad? Im actually starting to feel a little less secure in my never having had a suspension for anything in all the time i have been here if it can beoverturned in one short moment
    She tells me that she did nothing untoward. And I believe her. So I shall join her silence.

General scunnerhood has kept me away from posting of late and I have no idea what's been going on and being talked about in this thread.I don't like what I'm sussing.Can anyone enlighten me?
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast