Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Pc parts in Castletown and Scrabster

Default Pc parts in Castletown and Scrabster

Hi am looking for these numbers if anyone knows them can they let me know pls,The guy in castletown used to have a shop in wick but its closed now and hes now doing it from his home in castletown but ive lost the numbers for both him and the one in scrabster.

Jektec are probably who you're looking for. As a regular customer of theirs I can say that they provide an excellent service. They are based at Scrabster.

Telephone Thurso 890700.
    Green but not brainwashed

Using the sun to provide hot water.
    Driving a car that gets 73 miles per gallon.....

thanks m8 nice one.

we recently got our pc fixed by the guy at jektec and must say his work is to the highest standard and he is a decent price as well, would highly reccomend him.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

The guy in Castletown that had a shop in Wick is Computafix, think there was an advert in last weeks paper though about computafix moving to Lyth though.

Computafix were still in castletown last night. Good service.
    01847 821 415
    12 Murrayfield ,Castletown, same street as Icetec at the Thurso end.

I asked Jektec to clean up a very slow computer and fit a cd drive I supplied.
    He charged me for fitting the CD drive but didn't fix the computer as it "wasn't worth fixing " - so why fit the Cd drive ??

Quote Originally Posted by Dog-eared View Post
    Computafix were still in castletown last night. Good service.
    01847 821 415
    12 Murrayfield ,Castletown, same street as Icetec at the Thurso end.

I asked Jektec to clean up a very slow computer and fit a cd drive I supplied.
    He charged me for fitting the CD drive but didn't fix the computer as it "wasn't worth fixing " - so why fit the Cd drive ??
    Possibly because you asked them to?
    I still miss my ex, but my aim is getting better...........

But he also asked them to clean up a very slow computer...

The CD drive etc wont work on the computer as its not fixed, thats my point. A phone call might've been appropriate ??
    I did hear he's good at selling you new hardware but not good at fixing software problems .
    I did talk to him but he was not interested since he already had my dosh !!

His attitude was p***.

Moving on ............

A Good New Year to everyone when it comes.

Dog - Eared
    Last edited by Dog-eared; 26-Dec-08 at 23:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog-eared View Post
    The CD drive etc wont work on the computer as its not fixed, thats my point. A phone call might've been appropriate ??
    I did hear he's good at selling you new hardware but not good at fixing software problems .
    I did talk to him but he was not interested since he already had my dosh !!

His attitude was p***.

Moving on ............

A Good New Year to everyone when it comes.

Dog - Eared

well i had problems with my operating system and i took the computer down to him and he fixed for me and his attitude is spot on, maybe you got him on a stressful day

I phoned him a couple of days later and he was just the same.

Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by speedo215 View Post
    well i had problems with my operating system and i took the computer down to him and he fixed for me and his attitude is spot on, maybe you got him on a stressful day
    In fairness, whether he got him on a stressful day or not that attitude is dreadful.

Well I've had the guy from jektec fix my pc a few times, found him cheap and very polite.