Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Awol Collie

I don't think it means they won't home dogs from Caithness in Caithness but just not in the area they came from.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Default Re Barney the dog

I'm related to NLP and I had the chance to meet Barney, the dog in question and he is lovely. He's very thin and has obviously been abandoned/lost for a while. He seems to have been feeding out of bins as the kitchen bin was always being emptied by him. I know NLP spent a lot of money on toys etc for him and tried to make him part of the family. Her wee girl who's three is missing him like mad. Although they only had him for four days she named him Barney and she was out looking for him with her mum and dad. I know their gutted at not getting him back. He wasn't found in Wick but out in the country and he was lucky to have found a good home for that four days. I really hope they eventually get to keep him and that I get to meet Barney again. It's a pity they couldn't give him a home for Christmas.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BalmoreSSPCA View Post
    I would like to take this opportunity to clarify a few points about the SSPCA. Firstly the SSPCA did not say that they were not interested in this dog, but as I have already stated the HIGHLAND COUNCIL have the responsibility for stray dogs. Secondly there seems to have been a misunderstanding with regards the policy for rehoming of stray dogs. If a dog is found in Thurso, then we would try to rehome that dog somewhere outwith Thurso and the same for Wick. If a dog was picked up in Wick then we would try not ro rehome it back there to limit the likelyhood of the dog returning to the original owner or location. Reference has been made to dogs on our web site being local dogs and yes they are but they also will not be rehomed to the original location for the above reason and also at the request of the original owners.

That aside, I have spoken to the Manager of the Caithness and Sutherland Animal Rescue and rehoming Centre at Balmore (who is actually on holiday) and we have discussed at local level, the situation regarding this poor dog and have decided that if NLP is still willing to rehome this poor wee soul then all we ask is for them to make contact with the Centre Tel 01847861386 to arrange a reunion. May I thank all the very kind orgers that offered to pay the rehoming Fee for this dog but this will not be necessary.

I am disappointed that so many of you have found it in your heart to slag off the SSPCA. We work extremely hard to help animals and without the Centre can gaurantee that there would be alot more animals in dispair. The SSPCA is a charity which receives no government funding and rely soley apon donations. Can i thank everyone who does support the SSPCA in any way, be it monetry, time, blankets, newspapers, or by rehoming an animal. We greatly appreciate your kindness. I also would like to say that with regards the amount of money asked as a rehoming fee, it barely covers the costs of vaccinations, wormers, flea treatments, microchipping, feeding and heating of the kennels.

Many thanks to those you are very kind and show support for the SSPCA

Audrey
    SSPCA Inspector
    That is such good news about the dog which NLP found and many thanks for doing this Audrey.
    I already donate monthly to the SSPCA but will give the £20 I offered as an extra gift to Christmas. Will I just send it to Balmore?

I am sure we all appreciate the great work you do in caring for these poor animals.

I would like to take this opportunity to clarify a few points about the SSPCA. Firstly the SSPCA did not say that they were not interested in this dog, but as I have already stated the HIGHLAND COUNCIL have the responsibility for stray dogs. Secondly there seems to have been a misunderstanding with regards the policy for rehoming of stray dogs. If a dog is found in Thurso, then we would try to rehome that dog somewhere outwith Thurso and the same for Wick. If a dog was picked up in Wick then we would try not ro rehome it back there to limit the likelyhood of the dog returning to the original owner or location. Reference has been made to dogs on our web site being local dogs and yes they are but they also will not be rehomed to the original location for the above reason and also at the request of the original owners.

That aside, I have spoken to the Manager of the Caithness and Sutherland Animal Rescue and rehoming Centre at Balmore (who is actually on holiday) and we have discussed at local level, the situation regarding this poor dog and have decided that if NLP is still willing to rehome this poor wee soul then all we ask is for them to make contact with the Centre Tel 01847861386 to arrange a reunion. May I thank all the very kind orgers that offered to pay the rehoming Fee for this dog but this will not be necessary.

I am disappointed that so many of you have found it in your heart to slag off the SSPCA. We work extremely hard to help animals and without the Centre can gaurantee that there would be alot more animals in dispair. The SSPCA is a charity which receives no government funding and rely soley apon donations. Can i thank everyone who does support the SSPCA in any way, be it monetry, time, blankets, newspapers, or by rehoming an animal. We greatly appreciate your kindness. I also would like to say that with regards the amount of money asked as a rehoming fee, it barely covers the costs of vaccinations, wormers, flea treatments, microchipping, feeding and heating of the kennels.

Many thanks to those you are very kind and show support for the SSPCA

Audrey
    SSPCA Inspector
    dont think anyone was meaning to slag of the sspca, you do wonerful work, it just didnt make sense that someone that wants to give him a home couldnt. Glad you have had a rethink, and will let him go to a loving home, nice to think that it would be in time for christmas...
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Default Stray

Hopefully there will be a reunion soon

There will be a Merry Christmas for Barney when he goes home.........a nice 'waggy tail' I am sure for this doggy tale.

Good of the SSPCA to clarify points of concern.....

Hopefully there will be a reunion soon
    To Balmore,

I would like to say you all do a teriffic job at caring for the animals. I hate thinking of animals without owners as to me animals are a companion for life...not just a toy! If i had the space, time and money i would take in as many animals as i could!!

I am a huge animal lover of all species!! From cats to dogs...horses to donkeys...rats to degus...spiders to snakes!

Well done to all at the centre for their time and dedication to these animals!

Shelley
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Well done to Balmore! Common sense has been used instead and this should result in a very happy ending.

Balmore does a fantastic job and I too am going to donate. I will be going out with some food.

NLP - you should be proud of yourself. You stuck with this and saw it though to the end. Merry Christmas.

binbob Guest

Default sspca

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    That is such good news about the dog which NLP found and many thanks for doing this Audrey.
    I already donate monthly to the SSPCA but will give the £20 I offered as an extra gift to Christmas. Will I just send it to Balmore?

I am sure we all appreciate the great work you do in caring for these poor animals.
    i am happy at this outcome...and will send my £20 to balmore also............and the sspca DO a wonderful job .this time,common sense has prevailed.thanks,audrey and all at balmore.merry christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret M. View Post
    Well done, Miss Mack and NLP. It is heartwarming to read about people who care enough to stop and help an animal in need -- too many find it easier to ignore them and walk away.
    Thank you X

Great outcome, glad to see it. Well done to Balmore also for all the good work, people were merely concerned that someone who cared was not getting a fair chance. I will apologise for any upset caused.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Just been out to drop off some gear and saw the little dog that all the "controversy" has been about. What a cute little chap, very loveable. He certainly wasn't in as bad a shape as I had been imagining but I am sure that he will soon be a roly poly becuase he will be spoilt rotten.....

Hi NPL, was looking at the sspca dog rehoming site, there's 3 collie pups at Balmore(hopefully there still there, not sure when the site was last updated) along with other dogs. Maybe one of them would make a good pet if unfortunately you dont get him back.

Just want to say that Barney has gone back home with NLP. They came for him this morning. He couldn't have been happier to see them.

Just want to say that Barney has gone back home with NLP. They came for him this morning. He couldn't have been happier to see them.

A dog just knows when someone really wants them.

So glad this ended happily.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Thumbs up

Oh that is brilliant news!!! What a great Christmas present for Barney!

Well done NLP and family for giving him a lovely home and Miss Mack of course for taking him to the police station.
    Last edited by Liz; 24-Dec-08 at 16:20.

Thats great news, so happy for u! Hope u all have a lovely life together, dinna let him escape again !

binbob Guest

Default collie

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Mack View Post
    Thats great news, so happy for u! Hope u all have a lovely life together, dinna let him escape again !

please do not let him escape again,NLP..and well done MISS MACK too...merry christmas.

what brilliant news, hope barney and nlp will be very happy together, merry christmasxx
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Aaw what a lovely Christmas he will have

Hope you dog proofed your garden lol He sounds like a houdini

Best wishes to you and your family, hope you have many happy years with Barney x
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast