Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Awol Collie

Update, us we are not his owners we can't get him back, Balmore keep him for 7 days to see if his owners turn up. After that we might get him, lassie I spoke to is going to talk to her manager about it. They don't rehouse dogs to area they came from so chances are we won't get him back and if we do it will cost us £60
    Last edited by NLP; 23-Dec-08 at 16:37.

Quote Originally Posted by NLP View Post
    Update, us we are not his owners we can't get him back, Balmore keep him for 7 days to see if his owners turn up. After that we might get him, lassie I spoke to is going to talk to her manager about it. They don't rehouse dogs to area they came from so chances are we won't get him back and if we do it will cost us £60
    that must be hearbreakin for you, to know you might not get him back, seems mad if you would have giving him a loving home, but then you can see it from their point aswell, he could end up trying to return to where he used to live, hope it works out for you and the poor dog.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

binbob Guest

Default collie

that is such utter nonsense..i do not understand ...u must keep trying to get him back...i will donate £20...to help with cost..it is christmas.

as for rehoming in this area..it happens ALL the time.something not right here...keep me posted.good luck.

Thats awful, hope you get him back

binbob Guest

Thumbs up collie

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    that must be hearbreakin for you, to know you might not get him back, seems mad if you would have giving him a loving home, but then you can see it from their point aswell, he could end up trying to return to where he used to live, hope it works out for you and the poor dog.

hi balto....pets are rehomed from balmore to this area............how eles do the animals get a home..do people travel from other parts of the country to balmore............NO.
    i can understand ur reasoning though ,about them going to their old home...but only if owners allow that to happen.
    these folk deserveb to have this animal and the sspca should be looking for its owner and charge them for cruelty and neglect of this dog..as he is VERY thin.
    i have always fouindb the thinkingn behind the sspca strange..........they would not take this dog ,initially when he was a stray................then took him 2nd time around as he was a stray???????????????help...

it matters most that he should be rehomed to a loving family..and not spending christmas in a kennel.

sorry about mistakes..no.i am not and never have been drunk..........merry christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by binbob View Post
    hi balto....pets are rehomed from balmore to this area............how eles do the animals get a home..do people travel from other parts of the country to balmore............NO.
    i can understand ur reasoning though ,about them going to their old home...but only if owners allow that to happen.
    these folk deserveb to have this animal and the sspca should be looking for its owner and charge them for cruelty and neglect of this dog..as he is VERY thin.
    i have always fouindb the thinkingn behind the sspca strange..........they would not take this dog ,initially when he was a stray................then took him 2nd time around as he was a stray???????????????help...

it matters most that he should be rehomed to a loving family..and not spending christmas in a kennel.

sorry about mistakes..no.i am not and never have been drunk..........merry christmas.
    i myself have rehomed 3 cats and both my dogs from balmore, and they all came from different areas, i was always under the impression that if an animak, more so often the dogs, were not rehomed within a certain timescale then then they would be moved on to another centre. i am with you it shouldnt matter where he goes aslong as he has a loving kind home.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

that is such utter nonsense..i do not understand ...u must keep trying to get him back...i will donate £20...to help with cost..it is christmas.

as for rehoming in this area..it happens ALL the time.something not right here...keep me posted.good luck.
    Binbob! That is very generous of you! A merry Christmas to you!

I hope this dog gets back to you! I have rehomed a dog from balmore also before. He was a lovely lurcher but did not like men and was extremelly timid! I got him out his shell and he was my best friend! But i had to pay £60 for him!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    Binbob! That is very generous of you! A merry Christmas to you!

I hope this dog gets back to you! I have rehomed a dog from balmore also before. He was a lovely lurcher but did not like men and was extremelly timid! I got him out his shell and he was my best friend! But i had to pay £60 for him!
    aye both our dogs form balmore were both bad treated, butch our 1st one, was a german shepard collie cross and didnt like men atall when we 1st got him, but in the end he was a big softie the kids could sit on him when they were little and us him as a horse and he didnt mind, tell you i was totally gutted the day i had to get him put tp sleep, and now we have got max who is i think a collie crossed with a staffy and again is so scared of men mind you he is scared of most things, cats rabbits you name it he is scared, but he is turning into a nice dog hyper but a softy, both were the best money spent, also my 3 cats all came from there think they were £40 each but well worth it.

£20 donation waiting for the black and white fella to go home................C'mon SSPCA you are letting yourselves down a bagful on this one..............the dog has a new home, let him go to it instead of lying lonely and depressed in a kennel.!!

This story is really confusing.....

Why cant NPl keep the dog they found in the first place?

The dog wasnt reported missing so wasnt missed,or am I missing something?

As for the £60 charge,thats expensive and I for one couldnt afford that much.I can understand a token donation to show that you seriously want to home the animal but thats a lot of money for some people.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

I can understand the SSPCA not wanting to rehome a dog in the area it came from but they don't know where this dog came from do they?

Don't know where your OH works NLP but is it far from your house? After all that is where it was found.
    Also, it was then found at Wick River by Miss Mack so it is obviously wandering.

I would have a chat with the SSPCA again explaining this and I would be more than happy to donate £20 towards the cost of you getting him.

Keep us updated.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

binbob Guest

Thumbs up collie

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    I can understand the SSPCA not wanting to rehome a dog in the area it came from but they don't know where this dog came from do they?

Don't know where your OH works NLP but is it far from your house? After all that is where it was found.
    Also, it was then found at Wick River by Miss Mack so it is obviously wandering.

I would have a chat with the SSPCA again explaining this and I would be more than happy to donate £20 towards the cost of you getting him.

Keep us updated.

thanks,liz..u are a star.we now have £40 towards this wee dog getting out for christmas...hopefully.

thanks,liz..u are a star.we now have £40 towards this wee dog getting out for christmas...hopefully.
    Nope, there isn't £40............there is £60....................all the SSPCS need to do now is let the wee doggy go the the kind folks who want to give him a loving home....................Now.
    Tear up the rules and regulations...it's Christmas.....start thinking of the dog and give this tale a happy ending, preferably a waggy tail......
    Please let us all know the outcome as it will be difficult cooking Christmas dinner with crossed fingers.

I think they shot themselves in the foot I am sure 1 of these dogs in this link is guaranteed local. http://www.scottishspca.org/rehoming...ess-sutherland
    Last edited by unicorn; 23-Dec-08 at 21:47.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

binbob Guest

Thumbs up collie

Quote Originally Posted by teenybash View Post
    Nope, there isn't £40............there is £60....................all the SSPCS need to do now is let the wee doggy go the the kind folks who want to give him a loving home....................Now.
    Tear up the rules and regulations...it's Christmas.....start thinking of the dog and give this tale a happy ending, preferably a waggy tail......
    Please let us all know the outcome as it will be difficult cooking Christmas dinner with crossed fingers.
    aww..teenybash....that is so kind of u.like liz..u are a star...let us hope that the family can get him tomorrow preferably.i am willing to go up to balmore with payment.cross everything..

binbob Guest

Default collie

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    I think they shot themselves in the foot I am sure 1 of these dogs n this link is guaranteed local. http://www.scottishspca.org/rehoming...ess-sutherland

they sure did!!!

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    I think they shot themselves in the foot I am sure 1 of these dogs n this link is guaranteed local. http://www.scottishspca.org/rehoming...ess-sutherland
    Didn't only shoot themselves in the foot, they've blown the darned thing off......................One policymakers policy has just bit the dust!!!!!

binbob Guest

Thumbs up collie

Quote Originally Posted by teenybash View Post
    Didn't only shoot themselves in the foot, they've blown the darned thing off......................One policymakers policy has just bit the dust!!!!!

they need to be tackled on this issue...........big time.

i got my dog from balmore a few years ago, she was found tied up in a field outside wick - so something isn't right with their story

Default Stray Dog

I would like to take this opportunity to clarify a few points about the SSPCA. Firstly the SSPCA did not say that they were not interested in this dog, but as I have already stated the HIGHLAND COUNCIL have the responsibility for stray dogs. Secondly there seems to have been a misunderstanding with regards the policy for rehoming of stray dogs. If a dog is found in Thurso, then we would try to rehome that dog somewhere outwith Thurso and the same for Wick. If a dog was picked up in Wick then we would try not ro rehome it back there to limit the likelyhood of the dog returning to the original owner or location. Reference has been made to dogs on our web site being local dogs and yes they are but they also will not be rehomed to the original location for the above reason and also at the request of the original owners.

That aside, I have spoken to the Manager of the Caithness and Sutherland Animal Rescue and rehoming Centre at Balmore (who is actually on holiday) and we have discussed at local level, the situation regarding this poor dog and have decided that if NLP is still willing to rehome this poor wee soul then all we ask is for them to make contact with the Centre Tel 01847861386 to arrange a reunion. May I thank all the very kind orgers that offered to pay the rehoming Fee for this dog but this will not be necessary.

I am disappointed that so many of you have found it in your heart to slag off the SSPCA. We work extremely hard to help animals and without the Centre can gaurantee that there would be alot more animals in dispair. The SSPCA is a charity which receives no government funding and rely soley apon donations. Can i thank everyone who does support the SSPCA in any way, be it monetry, time, blankets, newspapers, or by rehoming an animal. We greatly appreciate your kindness. I also would like to say that with regards the amount of money asked as a rehoming fee, it barely covers the costs of vaccinations, wormers, flea treatments, microchipping, feeding and heating of the kennels.

Many thanks to those you are very kind and show support for the SSPCA

Audrey
    SSPCA Inspector

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast