Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Awol Collie

Default Awol Collie

OH found a very thin stray collie at work (rspca didn't want to know, as it was a stray) so instead of leaving him behind he took him home (no-one turned up looking for him), well last night he got out of the garden and we can't find him anywhere, does like cars and not so sure of people or other dogs, our wee one is upset her dog is gone so if anyone see's a stray black collie with a black and white collar can you please give me a shout. (lower pulteney area) Thanks.

Default Stray

Just wanted to clarify this matter. The HIGHLAND COUNCIL have the responsibility for all stray dogs in Caithness and not the SCOTTISH SPCA (not RSPCA). The Council has a contract with the SSPCA to kennel any strays for them and all strays should be uplifted by their Dog warden. The dogs are kept for 7 days to allow the owners to reclaim their dogs and then they become the property of the Scottish SPCA who then can rehome the dogs. If an owner comes forward looking for this dog then legally you will have to give it back to them.

Default Stray Dog

Thank you for the link. Much appreciated

binbob Guest

Default awol collie

quote=NLP;472877]OH found a very thin stray collie at work (rspca didn't want to know, as it was a stray) so instead of leaving him behind he took him home (no-one turned up looking for him), well last night he got out of the garden and we can't find him anywhere, does like cars and not so sure of people or other dogs, our wee one is upset her dog is gone so if anyone see's a stray black collie with a black and white collar can you please give me a shout. (lower pulteney area) Thanks.[/quote]

good for u taking him in.i really hope u get him back....

Hope the black and white fella turns up safely.........everything crossed that he does real soon.

All the best in getting him back! Its also good to hear that you took the dog in aswell! Giving it a home!

Fingers crossed!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

What a shame after you were so kind to take the poor wee thing in.

Hope you find him soon.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

would this be him? posted in animals stuff in for sale section.

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=64043

Certainly looks promising, good to see such kind heartedness from people towards lost animals
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

It does look very promising! I do hope it is your dog! Will be a very nice christmas present to get it back!

Best of luck again!

And let us know how it goes please?!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Found him at Wick river when i was walking my dogs, he's now at Balmore, poor thing was so thin.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Mack View Post
    Found him at Wick river when i was walking my dogs, he's now at Balmore, poor thing was so thin.
    very good detective work there i think you will agree lol, just hope he gets home in time for christmas.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

yip, hope so, have a great xmas urself.

Thanks are going to check it out the morn, see if it is him it does sound like him.

Quote Originally Posted by NLP View Post
    Thanks are going to check it out the morn, see if it is him it does sound like him.
    oh i hope it is him, and he comes home in time for santa coming. keep us posted.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Hi Hopes this is your black and white fella and he is home safe and sound for Christmas..............to lotsa cuddles.

Well done, Miss Mack and NLP. It is heartwarming to read about people who care enough to stop and help an animal in need -- too many find it easier to ignore them and walk away.

Let's hope that the heartless person who dumped this poor dog has it on their conscience for a long time to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret M. View Post
    Well done, Miss Mack and NLP. It is heartwarming to read about people who care enough to stop and help an animal in need -- too many find it easier to ignore them and walk away.
    Totally agree Margaret. Here's hoping that this poor dog gets the home and love it deserves.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast