Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X Factor - Hallelujah Cover

Default X Factor - Hallelujah Cover

personally the winner that has released this song has murdered Leonard Cohens version and Jeff Buckleys cover...

if your gona cover a song...on a grand scale as this is...do it well...jeeeeeeez

best cover iv heard of it...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1SPnjDJTkIM

granted this is a good version but in my opinion, not as good as jeff buckleys.

this song is all about emotion and i'm just not feeling it in the same way you get from buckleys version

you have to gauge (is that the correct use of the word kev?! ) this song by the number of hairs that stand up on the back of your neck...
    "you know and i know that we talk in circles most times"

jeff buckley covered it so well.

hauntingly beautiful.

leona lewis's cover of run is also terrible.

Jeff Buckley was an amazing vocalist, sends shivers down my spine, he was also a rather good guitarist.
    Pictures of you, litter my floorboards.

agree with every point made so far! why cant singers just sing instead of stretching out every syllable liiIIiiIIiiiiIIIGGGGGHHHhHHHhhhhhHHhhttttttttttttt ttttt UUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuUUUU!!! !!pppppppppppppppppppPPPP! light up! is if yoooooooUUUUUUUUUUUUUU blehhhhh rubbish

and jeff buckleys version is just the best, alexandra's version och its just not very good...disappointed when i heard it

Jeff Buckleys has a "haunting" feel about it which gives it presence,Alexandras doesnt have the same feel to it. Dont like Cohens original I am afraid but that Linky for youtube was good, I checked out some of his other stuff and was impressed.

Default My puppy had a hairball......

Jeff Buckleys version I have not heard but I guarantee it will be better than Alexandra whatever her name is. I hereby disassociate myself from anything that is connected to XFactor...cannot stick the programme...wish it was off air permenantly. All that fawning, crying and saying things like "I am doing this for my puppy that had a hairball in 92"...tedium pon tedium.
    Spring has sprung, the grass is ris', I wonder where the birdies is, the birdies is on d' wing, now thats absurd, everyone knows d' wing is on d' bird

Hear, hear mccaugm...

I suggest you look up Jeff Buckley's version on YouTube, you won't regret it.
    "you know and i know that we talk in circles most times"

Just terrible
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

Jeff Buckley's version is amazing - beautiful song! Not keen on the Leonard Cohen version although it is his song and he is a talented song writer - no doubt about that! I also hate the X Factor rubbish! So much hype and nonsense! Do not like the strangled version by Alexandra thing or her try at "Run" which is another fabulous song mangled and strangled!

What a fantastic rendition of a most beautiful song, well done Alexandra Burke.

Am I alone in liking John Cale's version, accompanied by piano? Very simple, and very beautiful.
    WeeBurd.

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    Jeff Buckleys has a "haunting" feel about it which gives it presence,Alexandras doesnt have the same feel to it. Dont like Cohens original I am afraid but that Linky for youtube was good, I checked out some of his other stuff and was impressed.
    yeh myles kennedy is one of the best singers out their today in my opinion...hes been around for quite a while aswell...

if your looking up any of his stuff...chekout the mayfield four, mainly the song summergirl and his first band citizen kane...and of course his current band alter bridge, enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by bigbenjokazooie View Post
    yeh myles kennedy is one of the best singers out their today in my opinion...hes been around for quite a while aswell...

if your looking up any of his stuff...chekout the mayfield four, mainly the song summergirl and his first band citizen kane...and of course his current band alter bridge, enjoy
    He's a great artist but he absolutely murdered hallelujah.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeBurd View Post
    Am I alone in liking John Cale's version, accompanied by piano? Very simple, and very beautiful.
    That version is lovely Weeburd - I think it is best in a simplistic mode! The version I found involves a fiddle and a cello too! Lovely! I like Rufus Wainwright doin it too but his is faster in comparison now that I am comparing lol!

That Myles Kennedy version wasn't great. It's a poor cover of a cover. Could be replicated 1,000 times by much better vocalists. Buckley's version is good. It's better than the original, though that's not surprising as it was so bloody awful.

Quite like Rufus Wainwright's version 'n all!

i liked alexandras version but when i listened to jeff buckleys version i must say it is much more soulful and the acoustics are real good.he does sing it with more feeling.lovely song

Quite liked the following synopsis of the x-factor final:

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brooker
    ...who then tried to win over the nation with a stirring cover of the Leonard Cohen song Halleluiah, which has now been ruined for ever, as a song destined to be played at thick people's funerals...
    Also his comments on her singing disbelievingly along side beyonce, managing to look like a woman having a breakdown imagining she was singing alongside beyonce, were funny, as were also the ones about the 'musical version of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest' when all the crap contestants from the beginning were wheeled out.

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Love Jeff Buckley's stuff, Grace there's a track

I'm gonna have to be the odd one out here as I absolutely can't stand the song regardless of who sings it. Meh Didn't he write Suzanne as well?? or was that Cat Stevens??

however can't take the song & if he wrote Suzanne as well I'd be 1st in the line with a gun

Hallelujah indeed. BAH!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast