Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: recipes

Default recipes

looking for recipes for nice sweets for xmas

Coconut ice

340g desiccated coconut
    340g icing sugar
    400g tin of condensed milk
    Optional food colouring

- Place the condensed milk into a bowl and add the icing sugar. Beat well then mix in the desiccated coconut. The mixture will get firm and difficult to stir but persevere until everything is all combined.

- Divide the mixture into two (add optional food colourings to each) and spread into an 8inch square tin giving two coloured layers and allow to set overnight

-Cut into small cubes and spread on a sheet of greaseproof paper to dry slightly.

PEPPERMINT CREAMS
    Makes 40 approx.

450g icing sugar
    2 egg whites
    peppermint essence and food colouring

- Sift the sugar. Place the egg whites in a bowl and beat lightly with a fork, just sufficiently to break up the albumen.

- Add half the icing sugar and stir until well mixed, using a wooden spoon. Beat for 5 minutes. Add the rest of the icing sugar and the essence until the mixture is stiff. You may need to add more icing sugar.

- Separate the mixture into three and add different food colourings to each. Pastels are nice.

- Roll out and cut out into shapes - hearts, circles and stars. Decorate with the sweets. Lay the sweets out on sheets of greaseproof paper to dry out.

- Place into pretty boxes or sellophane wrap

Does anyone know how to make mince meat pies? i know its probably very easy but im not a big cook of things like that! Things like jelly or angel delight is all i know and would like to make some mince pies for xmas for the kids and my partner!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    Does anyone know how to make mince meat pies? i know its probably very easy but im not a big cook of things like that! Things like jelly or angel delight is all i know and would like to make some mince pies for xmas for the kids and my partner!
    recipe here from bbc

Thanks very much! Good recipe to follow for me cos im useless at this kinda stuff so thanks!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!