Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Highlander Castletown

Smile Highlander Castletown

On Sunday night my family and I went for a High Tea at the Highlander in Castletown. The food was excellent with a good menu choice, 4 different varieties of fresh vegtables, toast and a very large choice of home baking including scones, biscuits and iced cakes, tea and coffee. The service was also excellent and very friendly. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a Sunday treat. 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by Heather Harper
    On Sunday night my family and I went for a High Tea at the Highlander in Castletown. The food was excellent with a good menu choice, 4 different varieties of fresh vegtables, toast and a very large choice of home baking including scones, biscuits and iced cakes, tea and coffee. The service was also excellent and very friendly. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a Sunday treat. 10/10

sounds tempting but i'm already 20 stone i better give it a miss.

Hi looking to go somewhere for a family meal and have thought about the highlander but I have only heard recommendations for high teas. Do they do a dinner menu?

Yes they do dinner menu's, I am sure they sometimes do a mexican night as well, heard a friend talking about that!
    We are going there this Sunday. Last time we certainly were not dissappointed so really looking forward to it this time!
    Never frown, cos you never know who will fall in love with your smile!

Here is another thread with recommendations for meals in the Highlander

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=14676

Can recommend the Highlander, the food is great, Tom and staff are very friendly, worth phoning to book at the weekend

Default highlander

Heather,agree with you, though haven't been there for a while. Used to go regularly, excellent food, and Tom kept everybody in order!! Good that Castletown has such a place. Must go back soon!!

Default Highlander Castletown

Excellent meal served in here, very good value for money, only sorry we had never tried the highlander before.

Default Well done

I would like to say a special thank you to The Highlander for hosting ourselves and friends for a birthday dinner.
    The food was excellent, the service discreet and friendly and I think all present enjoyed their evening.
    Will certainly go back again.