Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Airsoft

Default Airsoft

Does anybody in Thurso/Wick Airsoft? I do, just thought i would see if many others do.

Yes, there are a few.

There isn't anywhere in Caithness/Sutherland to legally airsoft though, but Wildwoodz Paintball in Inverness is now set up to do Airsoft events.

There is a Group on Bebo for local Airsoft players, check it out here: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=6890711309
    Si vis Pacem, Para bellum...

There's something about seeing idiots with replica weapons I just don't like?

Quote Originally Posted by *Martin* View Post
    martin airsoft is a sport which is regulated, and i feel it is unessesary for you to call sports people idiots, the people in this post are looking for a registered place to play their sport. as the sport is now regulated and to get these guns you need now to be registered to a club which wildwoodz is.

peter

Don't look then .. or perhaps you are being slightly judgemental

Well,once again we have an example of the kind of person who brings "the org" into disrepute.Sitting at home casting aspersions,abuse etc from behind the safety of his computer keyboard.How brave.A snivelling little coward is what he is.
    He also seems to have some difficulty with the english language in that he makes a statement and ends it with a question mark.An exclamation mark would have been correct.
    Finally,I have to say that his avatar is,for him,most appropriate!!

router Guest

numpty next door to us was into this nonsense,same idiot that got done for assaulting our kids.anyone in my mind who gets into this is just plain sad.
    want to hold a gun and shoot at folk join the military or just get a life.
    funny though when you see them running round and rolling about pretending they're real action men.splinter cell eat your heart out.
    Last edited by router; 22-Dec-08 at 23:36.

Quote Originally Posted by router View Post
    numpty next door to us was into this nonsense,same idiot that got done for assaulting our kids.anyone in my mind who gets into this is just plain sad.
    funny though when you see them running round and rolling about pretending they're real action men.splinter cell eat your heart out.
    I don't see that fair, "want to hold a gun and shoot at folk join the military or just get a life"...Just because you have had a bad experience with it? So now you class us as numptys who dont have a life? Airsoft is one of the worlds most popular action sports.. So does that make me a numpty does it? a numpty who knows how to handle an airsoft gun as well as my actual guns? I dont see that fair at all.

I find some of the comments being posted in here about airsoft players very harsh. I am part of the group that plays in Caithness and we do not tolerate players or persons who do not comply with the rules we have set in place to protect ourselves, wildlife and the public from fear/harm or intimidation. We play on land with permission and far away from the public. We also have cooperation with the local police and have personal liability insurance to cover it all.
    Anyone that feels they can post a negative comment based on some silly idiot that got themselves into trouble has not done there homework on the sport or read just how safe airsoft can be.
    I suggest anyone interested to go look here before they make a uninformed comment.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airsoft

Quote Originally Posted by Nivelo View Post
    I find some of the comments being posted in here about airsoft players very harsh. I am part of the group that plays in Caithness and we do not tolerate players or persons who do not comply with the rules we have set in place to protect ourselves, wildlife and the public from fear/harm or intimidation. We play on land with permission and far away from the public. We also have cooperation with the local police and have personal liability insurance to cover it all.
    Anyone that feels they can post a negative comment based on some silly idiot that got themselves into trouble has not done there homework on the sport or read just how safe airsoft can be.
    I suggest anyone interested to go look here before they make a uninformed comment.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airsoft

well said!!!!!!!!!!!!

router Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bloo View Post
    I don't see that fair, "want to hold a gun and shoot at folk join the military or just get a life"...Just because you have had a bad experience with it? So now you class us as numptys who dont have a life? Airsoft is one of the worlds most popular action sports.. So does that make me a numpty does it? a numpty who knows how to handle an airsoft gun as well as my actual guns? I dont see that fair at all.
    lifes not fair,what i said is my opinion.you don't like what i say that's tough too.

lifes not fair,what i said is my opinion.you don't like what i say that's tough too.
    You also chose to address your opinion in a thread where someone was just inquiring about playing a world recognized hobby and sport. Some people play football as a sport but you don't see people posting "opinions" about people having kids put footballs through there windows in the same thread either.

If you want to post an opinion about something then how about putting it in a topic where it might be valid. What your post has anything to do with airsoft the sport is anyone's guess.
    Last edited by Nivelo; 23-Dec-08 at 20:31.

router Guest

the amount of kids that have been hurt maimed or killed in britain through the use of guns is growing,it's time they were all banned,replicas,bb guns ,gas operated guns the whole lot,britain is taking on it's own gun culture and this lot don't help the cause any.
    you can bad rep me all you want MA it won't change a thing.all guns should be banned.
    Last edited by router; 24-Dec-08 at 14:23.

you can bad rep me all you want MA it won't change a thing.
    Actually I can't. I tried, but the system won't let me. I have to 'spread the love around' first.

all guns should be banned.
    That's just a knee-jerk over-reaction made without any thought or cognisance.

Banning things is never the answer. Controlling their use sensibly (which those participating in Airsoft and posting here seem to be perfectly able to do) is the only realistic solution.

Now away an' bile yer heid, and have a Happy Christmas too.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

the amount of kids that have been hurt maimed or killed in britain through the use of guns is growing,it's time they were all banned,replicas,bb guns ,gas operated guns the whole lot,britain is taking on it's own gun culture and this lot don't help the cause any.
    you can bad rep me all you want MA it won't change a thing.all guns should be banned.
    so lets ans this lets ban everything which kids hae being hurt maimed or killed :-

Cars - kill every day
    Play parks
    Roads
    toys
    bikes
    irons
    cookers

to list a few, things need to regulated which airsoft and paintball is, a all out ban would just send these guns underground and will only effect the people which are safe users and are registered with a club. the law has changed to reduced the number of kids getting these guns.
    if you ban guns the pople which want them will get them. drugs is a fine example of this.

Quote Originally Posted by pjyemail View Post
    martin airsoft is a sport which is regulated, and i feel it is unessesary for you to call sports people idiots, the people in this post are looking for a registered place to play their sport. as the sport is now regulated and to get these guns you need now to be registered to a club which wildwoodz is.

peter
    I never said airsoft wasn't a regulated sport. Do you assume that just because something is regulated, people will follow every rule all of the time? Also, just because something is regulated you cannot assume that everyone who plays it will even be part of a club.

What are the entry requirements for getting into your club?

Quote Originally Posted by davem View Post
    Don't look then .. or perhaps you are being slightly judgemental
    There is a fine chance I could just be being judgemental

Quote Originally Posted by whitechina View Post
    Well,once again we have an example of the kind of person who brings "the org" into disrepute.Sitting at home casting aspersions,abuse etc from behind the safety of his computer keyboard.How brave.A snivelling little coward is what he is.
    He also seems to have some difficulty with the english language in that he makes a statement and ends it with a question mark.An exclamation mark would have been correct.
    Finally,I have to say that his avatar is,for him,most appropriate!!
    Does this post have any relevance? You haven't commented on the actual topic. I am "an example of the kind of person who brings "the org" into disrepute" yet you are the one who has taken the time to write a post insulting me because I am a snivelling coward who fails to grasp the english language and is a steaming turd because of my incorrect use of a question mark? - Very good

On the subject of the English language: I have highlighted below some off the places I thought a space would have been appropriate. I never bothered marking the rest of your post as I don't have that much time

Well,[HERE]once again we have an example of the kind of person who brings "the org" into disrepute.[HERE]Sitting at home casting aspersions,[HERE]abuse etc from behind the safety of his computer keyboard.[HERE]How brave.[HERE]A snivelling little coward is what he is.
    He also seems to have some difficulty with the english language in that he makes a statement and ends it with a question mark.[HERE]An exclamation mark would have been correct.
    Finally,[HERE]I have to say that his avatar is,[HERE]for him,[HERE]most appropriate!!

__________________________________________________ ____

Perhaps my original comment was a bit harsh/judgemental. If I were to reword it I would probably say

There's something about seeing people with replica weapons I just don't like?
    perhaps the topic would have gone in a different direction?

What people need to realise is, guns, proper guns, are not toys. Too many people see guns in games and on TV and love the action that goes hand in hand with them (I personally love Ultimate Force on ITV and a bit of Call of Duty)

What got you all into playing this?

I can't even think of a reason why someone would think handing replica weapons to "anybody" is a good idea? I'd love to hear arguments for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bebo Page
    Due to new airgun laws the sale of replica Airsoft guns is no longer allowed to any1 who is not registered with a proper Airsoft club.

But any1 over 18 can buy 2 tone guns which 51% of the surface must b coloured bright green, orange or blue.

If we could get our own club for Caithness and Sutherland we could b able to buy the replicas which look so much better
    To me this just says. Anyone who joins a proper club can get a 100% replica. This replica won't perform any better but it won't be 51% orange.

Thanks for the link to the Wiki page. I will read it in a min.
    Thanks to MA for making me proper LOL at
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    Actually I can't. I tried, but the system won't let me. I have to 'spread the love around' first.

Sounds like a fun Hobby. I used to be in the army cadets as a teenager and enjoyed the exercises we went on admittedly we did get to use real guns with a blank firing attachment and we were not allowed to aim at anyone. However I dont think I would have the time or the money to start another hobby some of those replica guns are expensive.

Talking What an idiot

You know nothing, you join the military you get shot maybe die, you join an Airsoft club you get shot and live, no blood or guts involved, its more about tactics than running about like Action man. What I find sad are individuals like you with no idea just negative comments, don't knock it until you try it and many armed forces and ex armed forces personal are Airsofters.
    Last edited by Eagleclaw68; 30-Dec-08 at 04:09. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleclaw68 View Post
    You know nothing, you join the military you get shot maybe die, you join an Airsoft club you get shot and live, no blood or guts involved, its more about tactics than running about like Action man. What I find sad are individuals like you with no idea just negative comments, don't knock it until you try it and many armed forces and ex armed forces personal are Airsofters.

Jesus, ever think to make a post that isn't constant moaning?