Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Music @ Dunnet Head Lighthouse

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    He was entertained by myself in The Mey pub.
    I'm sure that's a matter for conjecture...
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

High Society that was them, did they meet him in the Mey pub

He came into the Mey hall where the band were playing Led Zep stuff rather well but Mr. Page refused to join them on stage as " He had a cold".
    I shall treat Metalattakk's post with the contempt it deserves.

Default Museum

There is also a cracking Museum in the Thurso Town Hall now which failed to get a mention.

So what did Gleber and Jimmy Page talk about?

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    There is also a cracking Museum in the Thurso Town Hall now which failed to get a mention.

So what did Gleber and Jimmy Page talk about?
    Well, firstly I told him that I didn't like Led Zep's music which upset him a little and then we argued about the Yardbirds gig in Wick in 1964. Page said that he was there and I said that he wasn't. It was not until much later that I discovered that he had been a roadie for the Yardbirds and was in fact there. Of course we also talked about Boleskine House and Crowley. The rest of our conversation I cannot remember.
    Gleber here, I did not realise that Chjnr was logged on. Apologies!!!

[QUOTE=stansmith;471923]There is also a cracking Museum in the Thurso Town Hall now which failed to get a mention.

QUOTE]

Someone else wrote the 'Top 5 other things to see...' - not me.

Yeah OK Pepsi.
    Did Jimmy Page mention he was a fan of your music Gleber?
    Boleskine House seems a dark haunted place, if you beleive in all that witchcraft, voodoo magic malarky.
    Last edited by stansmith; 19-Dec-08 at 14:34.

Great article...but the Silver Beetles never ever played in Caithness, also cant remember the Quo ever playing in Caithness either...maybe wrong here though

I dont recall hearing about quo playing. Do recall Stiff Little Fingers and Lena Lovich or am I also wrong?
    Also believed Jinxd played in the blackstairs a few years ago!!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    I dont recall hearing about quo playing. Do recall Stiff Little Fingers and Lena Lovich or am I also wrong?
    Yes, Lene Lovich and SLF were here; some time ago now.....

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=41433

Lena Lovich played the assembly rooms as part of the Stiff Tour 1978. SLF never played in Caithness.

High Society were mentioned earlier. Does anyone remember what happened to Ruby Bain? (Their rather brilliant guitarist for those under about 45......)

GNG
    Green but not brainwashed

Using the sun to provide hot water.
    Driving a car that gets 73 miles per gallon.....

Quote Originally Posted by Green_not_greed View Post
    High Society were mentioned earlier. Does anyone remember what happened to Ruby Bain? (Their rather brilliant guitarist for those under about 45......)

GNG
    Still making music, collaborating over the wires with Ray Trusty, formerly guitarist, British Standard on classical pieces

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    Still making music, collaborating over the wires with Ray Trusty, formerly guitarist, British Standard on classical pieces
    Glad to hear it. Just a little shocked that Trusty is doing classical pieces! I remember him well along with Spike Tait doing punk numbers.......

GNG
    Green but not brainwashed

Using the sun to provide hot water.
    Driving a car that gets 73 miles per gallon.....

Nice one Gleber2. wish you all the best with that sort of venue.... all I can remember from the lighthouse was cycling up to visit in the early 60,s to visit the travelin relief Lighthousekeeper in his 40īs Singledeckerbus with a Map of Scotland on the Back and listen to his Yarns. Just Great...

[quote=Green_not_greed;474275]Glad to hear it. Just a little shocked that Trusty is doing classical pieces! I remember him well along with Spike Tait doing punk numbers.......

Yep, in British Standard c 1978 /79, and damn good they were...however that was 30 years ago, Mr Trusty. like all of us, has come a long way and covered a lot of time in the last 30 years. Classical music...depends on how you see it ? Having heard some of their work I would say its excellent

Does anyone know if the johnny fatts and his expanding head band, still doing the circuit

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyian;
    Nice one Gleber2. wish you all the best with that sort of venue.... all I can remember from the lighthouse was cycling up to visit in the early 60,s to visit the travelin relief Lighthousekeeper in his 40īs Singledeckerbus with a Map of Scotland on the Back and listen to his Yarns. Just Great...
    Oh my Goodness Bobbyian, you just have to make a return trip. The venue is exceptional and the music surpasses it, always. Gleber2 is not one short of a yarn or three either.

Jinxd were great, all they needed was a decent lead guitarist and vocalist and they would have made serious headway.

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    Raymond Trusty, British standard? You will remember Billy Munro then, what a talented singer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast