Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feats didn't fail me!

Default Feats didn't fail me!

The closer it got, the more excited I got. Paul Barrere and Fred Tackett of the legendary Little Feat played at Dunnet Lighthouse Sunday past and they really were superbly on form. Definitely gig of the year for me as well as one of the finest gigs I've been to. Gypsy Dave Smith also played a fine support set. Thanks to Fatts & Issac for bringing them up here. What a great night!

I must say that I thought they were great too. We both really enjoyed Little Feat but were not so keen on Gypsy Dave. John, Isaac and Donald (is that the name of the guy that plays the boxy so well?) were all on fine form.
    Great night!

Talking Little feat -----big show

The whole night was a rare treat, absolutely a fantastic night, hope they come again.
    Well done to the troops for getting it together.
    Oedipus was the first man to plug the generation gap

Times Loves A Hero and both Barrere and Tackett are indeed heroes. As is John, Isaac, and all the peeps who made it all possible. A great, great night.

Review and feature on the lighthouse (incorporating B&T's appearance) coming up in the Daily Record and The Scotsman shortly. I think

I'll let y'all know.

It was such a privilage to play host to artists of such calibre. Brilliant music. Barrere and Tackett were discussing the logistics of fitting the whole band, Little Feat, on our stage. We live in hope.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dorrie View Post
    I must say that I thought they were great too. We both really enjoyed Little Feat but were not so keen on Gypsy Dave. John, Isaac and Donald (is that the name of the guy that plays the boxy so well?) were all on fine form.
    Great night!
    The man on the Boxy was David MacKenzie, a fine player.

Thanks for a great season at the Lighthouse and all credit to John & Isaac for their hard work.

Roll on March 2009.

What a fabulous programme out at Dunnet on Sunday night. I enjoyed the whole evening.

What a privilege and pleasure to see the guitarists from one of my top ten bands of all time play a few "feat" in front of me.

He's a selection of photos.

1. Fred Tackett & Paul Barrere from Little Feat

2. Fred Tackett & Paul Barrere from Little Feat

3. Gypsy Dave Smith
    Last edited by Deemac; 11-Dec-08 at 15:43.
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

4. David Mackenzie

5. John & Isaac Sutherland
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

Great photos of a great night.

Default Great pics DeeMac, more from the back of a full house

Paul Barrere and Fred Tackett Lighthouse gig

Sharing the stage with John and Isaac

Full house, great atmosphere, great music!

Exclamation

It was a great night; nothing like a stage full of talent and good music to make you feel good; and the atmosphere is amazing.

Please may we have David back again; his playing is so sweet; something different; great rhythm.....

Quote Originally Posted by Torvaig View Post
    It was a great night; nothing like a stage full of talent and good music to make you feel good; and the atmosphere is amazing.

Please may we have David back again; his playing is so sweet; something different; great rhythm.....
    David will be sqeezing his box at every concert from here on. He is also recording a CD of accoustic music with myself and Cjnr which should be available at the first session next year when we have a return visit from Clive Carroll who, in my opinion, is the best guitarist we have had here in four years of concerts. That's on March 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    David will be sqeezing his box at every concert from here on. He is also recording a CD of accoustic music with myself and Cjnr which should be available at the first session next year when we have a return visit from Clive Carroll who, in my opinion, is the best guitarist we have had here in four years of concerts. That's on March 1st.
    Good to hear and the date is in my diary!

Here's a piece I did for The Scotsman on the Lighthouse and the Little Feat guitarists' show there.

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/ente...icleid=4781813

Great pix, by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Here's a piece I did for The Scotsman on the Lighthouse and the Little Feat guitarists' show there.

Great pix, by the way!
    great review pepsi

yeah was just about to say the same thing moncur, a good read there pepsi

and great photos deemac
    Last edited by guitarzan; 11-Dec-08 at 17:01.
    "you know and i know that we talk in circles most times"

Textbook article Baz.

Now when will see the homegrown legend Stevie Taylor create his magic up at the lighthouse?

Quote Originally Posted by buddyrich View Post
    Textbook article Baz.

Now when will see the homegrown legend Stevie Taylor create his magic up at the lighthouse?
    Never! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post

Great pix, by the way!
    Nice one Barry but who is Roddy Frame? Didn't you mean Roddy Hart?

saw little feat live earlier in 'e year an even tho we were VIP's an up on 'e balcony...'e atmosphere wis nowhere close til at 'e litehoose on seturday nite.

excellent is what it wis, one o' best. 'e guys were brilliant.....all o' them!
    'e previous concert wi graham walker was a highlight o' 'e year for me as wis katy moffatt from a few sessions ago, fantastic stuff, oot o' iss world in fact. rod clements wis also a huge favourite o' mine, as wis claude bourbon.....

cana wait til it starts back up again in march, things'l be relatively borin until then

all i can do is thank john an isaac, an david for putin on (in ma opinion) world class performances an also providin me wi musical experiences that....choost hits 'e spot...everytime!

most albums that i hev fie 'e litehoose, i will surly be listenin til when am an auld wifie!
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast