Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Homeless Person

Well said Dave.

I have a good sense of humour but homelessness ain't a funny subject.

All of you who think it is should take it in turns to be the homeless person which Thurso apparently needs.

You may just learn something!

Default Homeless person

I agree with Liz, nothing remotely funny about being homeless.
    Thurso should count itself lucky that it doesn't have homeless people lying about at every shop doorway. Who in their right mind would wish that on anyone
    Sorry to put a damper on your humour folks but I for one do not think it is funny.

ok duly chastised - humblest apologies folks

God Guest

Default No Apologies

The great thing about a joke is it can be about anything you want it to be. All jokes are funny to someone. You not finding it funny does not make it not funny. Its pretty ignorant of you to say that we can't joke about a bad situation. Ofcourse we understand being homeless is a horrible way of life but we still have the right to make light of the situation. I have the right to joke about anything I wish even if it is about being homeless, or minority groups; such as Gay Bishops/others etc, Drink/Drug addicts, Honest Politicians, ex Terrorist's sitting as British M.P.'s. Im sorry if you find it offensive but that is your problem. However you do have the right to complain so if you feel strongly enough about it I suggest you contact the appropriate people. You will get no apologies from me about my sense of humour.

Anonymous Guest

Default Homelessness

I spent one January, '92 I think living under a tree in Dunwood Park, one of you knows of it, and I really enjoyed it. Waking up covered in snow gives you a real sense of achievement. And if you take care its not dangerous and you do not have to smell.
    Ps. Swap your socks from feet to feet it stops them going hard.

I felt bad that i offended people with my sense of humour and i am sorry about that. I dont like to think i upset folk with what i say but i have to admit that God has got a point. I just posted a wee rant about this on the politically correct thread so if any of you are interested you can see it there. I do think that more poepl are scpwling than smiling around here at the moment and that seems a shame

Gallacher Guest

Default Home less person

What ever happened to Dupie Dan ? he used to walk the streets of Thurso in the 70's not a care in the world , but he did have a house to live in if you could call it that !

jjc Guest

He died about eight (or so) years ago. I think it was a heart attack.

God Guest

Default He actually

had a pretty decent house ion Rose Street.

skipper Guest

Default Yawn!

Well done folks for your attempts at humour. They say laughter is the best medicine. Unfortunately, the thought police were monitoring your messages and have decreed that you can't find your humour amusing.

Homelessness in itself isn't a funny subject but like anything else, the fear and revulsion can be overcome by the use of black humour. No-one was being hurt by the comments and like we all know, a damn goodf proportion of those who are "homeless" don't need to be. The goverment have a steady supply of dole money to hand out to anyone who needs (or doesn't) need it. There are shelters, DSS supported flats and a multitude of other ways the goverment assists "homeless" people. The sad fact is, a lot of these folk don't like rules/can't conform and haven't got the patience to work their way back up again.

So keep your sense of humour folks and as for the thought police........

Like they say on the telly, if you don't like it - don't watch!

p.s. Thurso can have "streetfighter" if it wants, he does an excellent impression of a homeless person.......

Default Re: Yes

Quote Originally Posted by God
    And it is up to You (everyone) to keep it that way. Support the cause. Put Homeless Joe on the streets but give him a home in our hearts.
    Ah, have you come across THE You? She's been described as a 'God send' ... well... given that, I suppose you have come across her. But surely you dont need mere mortals to help you out.

"Show the infidels what you can do" lol... I can't believe I'm trying to do a kinda Bin Laden impression!

Methinks the harbour might be a good spring/summer residence... for winter... how about the shelter of the trees on the river. The homeless person (joe or josephine) could have peeing competitions with dogs... see how many more trees he can pee on than a chosen dog for the space of a month... it'll give him/her something to do when he/she isn't busking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12