Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Gaming Forum...Thread?

Default Gaming Forum...Thread?

hey,

had a brief look through the org for Gaming threads or boards but cant find any

surely there are people that want to talk about xbox 360 and ps3s etc etc other than just me?

were can i find it?

thanks.

I guess you have just started the Gaming thread bigbenjokazooie

I know nothing about xboxes but do play HL2 Deathmatch on the PC. Have met some great people via this game and made some very good friends. Have just bought the game FEAR for the PC but haven't had a chance yet to try it out. Can you play HalfLife online on the xbox? Can you play anything online on the xbox?

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

Talking ps1

just bought a ps1 all the tomb raiders plus the crash bandicoots for less than £30, got about 14 games all in plus the consol, brilliant takes me back years, and a whole lot cheaper than the new stuff lol

Eh..i think someone needs to have a word with the mods and explain to them the difference between games and gaming, this thread has been moved wrongly.

yeah i know...

i thought there might be an actual gaming forum...

not games like scrabble but console games!!

A gaming forum is a good idea though, maybe the powers that be could fix one up, i'm not a hardcore gamer but i play a bit, normally driving, platform or fighting games, before last week i never played first or third person shooters as i just couldn't get to grips with the control system for those type of games, probably because i'm an old duffer....i like...Run-Jump-Shoot controls but i sat down with Call Of Duty 4 and taught myself how to play it, it took a while but i eventually mastered the controls and finally completed the game tonight (on easy of course...which still isn't that easy for a first timer), it's such a fantastic game and i think i'm addicted now

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    A gaming forum is a good idea though, maybe the powers that be could fix one up, i'm not a hardcore gamer but i play a bit, normally driving, platform or fighting games, before last week i never played first or third person shooters as i just couldn't get to grips with the control system for those type of games, probably because i'm an old duffer....i like...Run-Jump-Shoot controls but i sat down with Call Of Duty 4 and taught myself how to play it, it took a while but i eventually mastered the controls and finally completed the game tonight (on easy of course...which still isn't that easy for a first timer), it's such a fantastic game and i think i'm addicted now
    i think someone needs to go out and buy call of duty 5 now

now THATS a game, see wat santa brings you eh

wat console you got?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbenjokazooie View Post
    i think someone needs to go out and buy call of duty 5 now

now THATS a game, see wat santa brings you eh

wat console you got?
    Eh...i have quite a few

Xbox 360
    Wii
    DS
    PS2
    Xbox
    Gamecube
    Megadrive
    Super Nintendo (American Version)

It's pretty much the 360 that gets used the most though.

I have had pretty much every console known to man over the years, i used to play a lot more when i was younger, now i'm just a casual gamer, i used to be big into the Neo Geo gaming scene, it was basically a home arcade console and the games cost between £100-£250, i spent thousands of pounds on that system, i had to sell it about 10 years ago when i was penniless, i really miss that system

Not sure about getting COD5, my son says it's not as good as COD4.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbenjokazooie View Post
    hey,

had a brief look through the org for Gaming threads or boards but cant find any

surely there are people that want to talk about xbox 360 and ps3s etc etc other than just me?

were can i find it?

thanks.
    Why not email bill fernie and ask him nicely its actually quite a good idea gaming consols is very popular with younger generation and is a good way to exhange tips and try and solve problems with the consules and even organise online gaming with fellow orgers that could be fun all the orgers going in to a private room to play online game.

You no what they say if u dont ask you dont get.?

i used to play pc games all the time now i play with the playstaion graphics is good but i do find it hard to convert from playing with a mouse and keyboard to using a gaming pad i strugglle with it all the time if gaming consules supported the mouse and keyboard that would be fantistic

I have tried a few times with different consoles and things and always come back to the PC! lol I'm stuck with the keyboard I think.