Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: MP3 player help

Default MP3 player help

I decided to be different and have got a Sony NW-HD5, as opposed to an iPod.

If I download legal WMA files, which have a licence, I cannot transfer them to my MP3 player without first burning the tracks to CD and then ripping them back to the transfer software.

I know some people may disapprove of this, but is there somewhere I can download some software which removes the licence from the tracks, to save me the hassle of burning/ripping etc.

Most mp3 players support wma files and it should just be a case of draging them onto your mp3 player and if doesnt then why not just download mp3 instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra
    I know some people may disapprove of this, but is there somewhere I can download some software which removes the licence from the tracks, to save me the hassle of burning/ripping etc.
    I'm not sure that anyone can disaprove of someone a buying legit CD and then converting the tracks to listen to on their MP3, apart from Sony, that is...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4577536.stm

look at edonkey
    you will get all you want