Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: banger race for wick

Default banger race for wick

after last weekends banger race in thurso i really want to see this event in wick also!

i know that the wick gala comittee has been approached on this subject before and was obviously turned down(hence why it has'nt happened) but surely if there was enough support for one then they might reconsider????

not only does it generate a lot of money for the gala but it also disposes of some of the old cars that would otherwise end up god knows where!

of course, having two races each year make it a little more worthwhile for all the effort that gets put into preparing these cars.

what is the general feeling of the users of this website??
    would you like to see banger racing in wick during gala week???

larsson Guest

Default re:banger races

It would be good if this could happen,good luck with putting this to the gala committee its about time there is a change to the weeks programme.

There's banger racing everyday in Wick. Haven't you seen the boy racers in the town?
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

BW Guest

Default banger race for wick

I agree with giggs that there should be one in wick also . Perhaps a month before the Thurso banger race.
    Well done to Ewen Falconer and Co for another well event in Thurso.
    GIGGS - eat my dust again next event

I don't think there should be 1 in wick

Just think about it, about 25 of the cars in the derby was from wick, so if that 25 did do it in wick then it would be a pretty rubbish race really in Thurso and Wick with only a few cars racing.

I think they should do it half way between Thurso and Wick and keep everyone happy!

I know its part of the Thurso gala but still, golspie has theirs half way between there and Brora!!

I think thats best!!

yeah, i did consider that linzy but i reckon with the prospect of another race being held say four weeks after the other,either,more likely to be a bit more careful with the car so it'll last for two events, or, there is enough time to get another car organised for the second event.

bw. cannae wait till next year!

Yes of course there should be a banger derby in wick myself and my husband entered this year in thurso for the first time , IT WAS BRILLIANT....... if the two events were close together the cars that were fit could be used for both races which would be worthwhile I would also say forget the gala committee (they can't do anything different) and give the proceeds to charity a much more needy cause
    P.S can't wait till next year!!!!!!!