Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Stroma

Default Stroma

Does anyone know whether there is someone that will take people (i.e. me) on to Stroma?

Default stroma

get in touch with Mr simpson at burnside upper gills he owns stroma

Great - thanks. I'm up from Aberdeen on Tuesday so will contact him then.

Default stroma

his grandson just got a jetski he could zip you over for a small fee ha ha

Jimmy Simpson Lives at "Burnside" Canisbay and you will get his Phone Number in Directory Enquiries. Or you can contact his Son William Simpson "Burnside" Canisbay as well.
    Last edited by Kodiak; 06-Dec-08 at 19:50.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Hi.
    Sent you a pm with contact info.
    Cheers

Default Stroma

I'm from "that 'ert" and have often organised trips to Stroma with friends and work mates over the years. Jimmy is a lovely man, and thoroughly enjoys a wee sing song on the island with his "boxie" and friends at the "main house" !!

I'd MORE than recommend a trip to "The Island In The Stream" !!! Now it's William who takes you over to the island and he is very accomodating about times. Myself, personally, I go over now for the sheer fact that you can guarantee getting beautiful mushrooms to pick all over the island, but obviously you have to time the time of year right - end September roughly.

Oh, must tell you about the time that we were coming back on the boat and William stopped it in mid-stream for the pure fact of watching porpoises along side - MAGNIFICENT !!

Fantastic sight into an old time island with free reign to travel where you want to go!!