Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Marmalade

Default Marmalade

Not so much looking for a recipe but has anyone seen marmalade oranges in the shops in Thurso (or Wick)? I am sure that this is the right time of year to start but I could be wrong!

Thanks.

There's nothing like homemade marmalade but Seville oranges for marmalde are only in the shops for about 3 weeks at the end of January begining of February. They've a very short season and don't keep terribly well, unless, of course, you freeze them.

Sorry I can't help Skinnydog, but I just had to post!

Mmmm, homemade marmalade - I have it on my toast every morning (I'm off honey these days, lol) and should just about have enough to see me through to January. I don't make it myself, but I have a very good supplier.
    WeeBurd.

Thanks for the info. Here was me thinking I was too late and I am too early. Will keep my eyes peeled (tee hee)...

I buy the tins of seville oranges to make marmalade with at home, you just add 2lb of sugar and it's really good, it's called Marmade

I think loads of people use this but don't let on, it's really good