Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Windows XP Professional

Default Windows XP Professional

Does anyone know how to remove a password from above system - when I turn my computer on it tells me that my password will expire in 8 days - when I go into Control Panel and into User Accounts to remove this it tells me that I don't have a password setup.

Can someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try going to control panel, open administrative tools in classical view, open up computer management, double click on local users and groups from the list to the left, double click on users, right click on your user name and then click properties. Once the properties window has open, check the box which says "Password never expires." Finally, click on OK and then your password won't have an expiry date. You should then be able to change/ remove your password in user accounts

Hope this helps
    Last edited by rfr10; 27-Jan-06 at 16:54.

Quote Originally Posted by robin170491
    Try going to control panel, open administrative tools in classical view, open up computer management, double click on local users and groups from the list to the left, double click on users, right click on your user name and then click properties. Once the properties window has open, check the box which says "Password never expires." Finally, click on OK and then your password won't have an expiry date. You should then be able to change/ remove your password in user accounts

Hope this helps
    1000 thank you's to you the above worked for me, cheers

Thumbs up

No problem at all, glad to help.