Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who would you bring back?

Default Who would you bring back?

Ok just for fun, but one day your walking down the road when out pops a genie and grants you one wish to bring back a dead Rock star?

Who would you bring back and why?

For me it would be Bon Scott, would love to see what direction he would have gone in and he would be one hell of a drinking Buddy!

Are we bringing this dead rock star back to this moment in time at the age they would actually be right now, or the age they were when they died?, or are we bringing them back to the time when they actually died, as if nothing had happened to them?, i hope it's the last option, the only problem with that is that you're asking to bring back people who are not actually dead, so Bon Scott is actually still singing with AC/DC, and my choice, Cliff Burton, is still playing bass with Metallica, so Metallica never made any crap albums after Master Of Puppets, also And Justice For All had a mega production with a huge bass sound, and the best thing would be that Cliff would convince James that Lars was a really crap drummer and they should get Dave Lombardo in the band instead

Two words:
    Kurt Cobain.

Quote Originally Posted by loganbiffy View Post
    Two words:
    Kurt Cobain.
    Hotrod4 said bring back a rock star, not a whiney self pitying

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Hotrod4 said bring back a rock star, not a whiney self pitying
    Oh right, I didn't see where it said "you are not allowed your own opinion or thoughts"

I would rather chew dog waste than listen to Bon Scott break windows with his squealing but you didn't see me dissing your choice.
    Typical of the people on this site, they always find something to gurn about when someone has a different opinion to them.

Oh and also, Cliff Burton wasn't really a "rock star" at the time he died was he? Metallica certainly were not "rock stars" at the time but whatever you think man, it is your choice after all.

Randy Rhodes, I would like to see him play and what direction his playing would of taken in this day and age.

George Harrison and John Lennon.

Rick Danko and Richard Manuel. Because I wish I'd seen The Band live.

for me personally it would have to be jimi hendrix - the man is a legend

altho john and george are up there, as well as phil lynott
    Last edited by guitarzan; 25-Nov-08 at 14:20.
    "you know and i know that we talk in circles most times"

Oh right, I didn't see where it said "you are not allowed your own opinion or thoughts"

I would rather chew dog waste than listen to Bon Scott break windows with his squealing but you didn't see me dissing your choice.
    Typical of the people on this site, they always find something to gurn about when someone has a different opinion to them.

Oh and also, Cliff Burton wasn't really a "rock star" at the time he died was he? Metallica certainly were not "rock stars" at the time but whatever you think man, it is your choice after all.
    For gods sake min, re-insert your humour gland, didn't you notice the at the end of my post, did i hit a bit of a raw nerve there...fanboy!! if you called that whiney fartbag a Rock Star he would probably lamp you in the mouth, well he would if he could take the needle out his arm long enough to lift it to hit you

And Metallica were a big selling band by the time of Cliffs untimely death.....KNOW YOUR HISTORY YOUNGLING...hehe

I would also bring back Michael Hutchence,know I am gonna get slated but he was a fantastic singer and had a wa-hey with the ladies. Would be a handy guy to have around. And what the hell Eva Cassidy.
    There must be some gigs in Heaven and even better ones down below!!

Quote Originally Posted by theboysintheband View Post
    George Harrison and John Lennon.

Rick Danko and Richard Manuel. Because I wish I'd seen The Band live.
    Saw them in Canada in 1969. Probably the best live sound I have ever heard.

For gods sake min, re-insert your humour gland, didn't you notice the at the end of my post, did i hit a bit of a raw nerve there...fanboy!! if you called that whiney fartbag a Rock Star he would probably lamp you in the mouth, well he would if he could take the needle out his arm long enough to lift it to hit you

And Metallica were a big selling band by the time of Cliffs untimely death.....KNOW YOUR HISTORY YOUNGLING...hehe

I never said they were not a big selling band.
    Oh emoticons are supposed to be funny or something, I wasn't aware

Fanboy? get a grip man, because I like a band you do not it's cool and hard for you to be a cheeky swine?

There always has to be someone on here that complains about other people's tastes, well done on that accolade.
    Like I said, Bon Scott was a squealing little gimp but I never insulted you when you mentioned him.

Oh and I see you are a "hater" of Metallicas' material after Master of Puppets, I like pretty much all of their albums so does that make me a fanboy of them also? :P

I'll be right back, I'm off to re-insert my humour gland.

I never said they were not a big selling band.
    Oh emoticons are supposed to be funny or something, I wasn't aware

Fanboy? get a grip man, because I like a band you do not it's cool and hard for you to be a cheeky swine?

There always has to be someone on here that complains about other people's tastes, well done on that accolade.
    Like I said, Bon Scott was a squealing little gimp but I never insulted you when you mentioned him.

Oh and I see you are a "hater" of Metallicas' material after Master of Puppets, I like pretty much all of their albums so does that make me a fanboy of them also? :P

I'll be right back, I'm off to re-insert my humour gland.
    Lets get a few things right you very highly strung young man, Bon Scott was not my choice, he was the choice of Hotrod4, so go direct your teenage angst at him...k

As for Metallica not being rock stars at the time of Cliffs death, exactly how old are you?, if you think that then i can guarantee you were not around back then, i was...and they were rock stars, not L.A sunset strip style rock stars, but they were still rock stars, they were on their 3rd album and touring with Ozzy, may i suggest a little homework for you, watch 'Cliff Em All' and then tell me that they were not rock stars at the time.

Not once did i say i didn't like Nirvana, my tounge in cheek post was clearly lost on you, stop staring at your shoes and cheer up please

You're very good at twisting words aren't you?, you should become a reporter for the Daily Star, or an Agony Aunt for Heat Magazine, i never said i was a hater of post MOP Metallica albums, i insinuated that some of them are not that good or as strong as their earlier material, and that if Cliff Burton was still in the band they would have had a lot more Oomph to them, And Justice For All is a classic album let down by a terrible production....that was also obviously lost on you.

Again i agree with u Gizmo, I would defo bring bac Cliff Burton, the man was one of the best bassists out there(he must have been turning in his grave with metallica's albums after black album) but thankfully there latest is very good

Lets get a few things right you very highly strung young man, Bon Scott was not my choice, he was the choice of Hotrod4, so go direct your teenage angst at him...k

As for Metallica not being rock stars at the time of Cliffs death, exactly how old are you?, if you think that then i can guarantee you were not around back then, i was...and they were rock stars, not L.A sunset strip style rock stars, but they were still rock stars, they were on their 3rd album and touring with Ozzy, may i suggest a little homework for you, watch 'Cliff Em All' and then tell me that they were not rock stars at the time.

Not once did i say i didn't like Nirvana, my tounge in cheek post was clearly lost on you, stop staring at your shoes and cheer up please

You're very good at twisting words aren't you?, you should become a reporter for the Daily Star, or an Agony Aunt for Heat Magazine, i never said i was a hater of post MOP Metallica albums, i insinuated that some of them are not that good or as strong as their earlier material, and that if Cliff Burton was still in the band they would have had a lot more Oomph to them, And Justice For All is a classic album let down by a terrible production....that was also obviously lost on you.

1. I am not highly strung like you seem to think I am, I like to have an opinion without having to explain myself all the time.
    2. I am not that young either.
    3. I am not a teenager, and would there be half as many great music albums out there if it were not for Angst?

Ok so your choice was Cliff Burton, did I feel the need to disrespect your choice with a "Tongue in Cheek" comment about it? Isn't that the actions of a young 'un?

Of course AJFA is a classic album, I never said it wasn't, yes the production is awful but it happened, unless they remaster it then it will stay that way.

I actually prefer Jason Newsted to Cliff Burton, you want to rip on me for that also seeing as you ain't into respecting people's opinions?

Hang on, just got a phone call from the Daily Star........

1.Phill Collins

2.Michael Hutchence

3. Elvis Presley
    Cmey e Scorries

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Winehouse View Post
    1.Phill Collins
    erm he's still very much alive! I know his career is dead but thats a bit harsh innit?

Ok so your choice was Cliff Burton, did I feel the need to disrespect your choice with a "Tongue in Cheek" comment about it? Isn't that the actions of a young 'un?
    What i said about Kurt Cobain was a statement of fact, he WAS a whiney self pitying , for gods sake man, he had the world at his feet, a successful band, money in the bank, a wife and family, yet he would bitch and moan about the success he had, he was pathetic, anyone who puts a gun in their mouth and takes the easy way out leaving a wife and child behind is in my book pathetic, i don't buy into all that tortured artist rubbish, we all have problems in life, i've had more ups and downs in life than an Alton Towers rollercoaster, didn't blow my brains out over it though, i really don't understand how people can show such hero worship towards a man who was so selfish as to blow his own head off in the ultimate act of self pity, you need to look past the music.

So please forgive me for disrespecting a man who blew his own head off...what on earth was i thinking

Of course AJFA is a classic album, I never said it wasn't, yes the production is awful but it happened, unless they remaster it then it will stay that way.
    Remastering only alters EQ settings, it's a complete remixing that it needs

What i said about Kurt Cobain was a statement of fact, he WAS a whiney self pitying , for gods sake man, he had the world at his feet, a successful band, money in the bank, a wife and family, yet he would bitch and moan about the success he had, he was pathetic, anyone who puts a gun in their mouth and takes the easy way out leaving a wife and child behind is in my book pathetic, i don't buy into all that tortured artist rubbish, we all have problems in life, i've had more ups and downs in life than an Alton Towers rollercoaster, didn't blow my brains out over it though, i really don't understand how people can show such hero worship towards a man who was so selfish as to blow his own head off in the ultimate act of self pity, you need to look past the music.

So please forgive me for disrespecting a man who blew his own head off...what on earth was i thinking

Remastering only alters EQ settings, it's a complete remixing that it needs

It's your choice to not buy into the whole "tortured artist rubbish", some people are more effed up than you make out

You never disrespected him, don't you get it?, You opted to take the piss out of me for no reason due to my choice.

I need to look past the music on your say so? Come on man.

I ain't saying blowing his brains out is an excuse but everyone has their reasons.

Yes AJFA does need remixing, although I would personally leave it as it became a classic album anyway and has character. For some weird reason I stated remastering, probably to do with the fact that I was in "vent mode."

Well this is awesome fun and all but I really must go and start contemplating my next post that you can attack just because you find it fun.

Ah music arguments are always fun
    Last edited by loganbiffy; 25-Nov-08 at 22:25.

A few more choices would be: Jeff Buckley, Shannon Hoon and Layne Staley.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast