Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not Eating

still catching up after being without internet connection for the past few weeks.
    So very sorry to hear about your Gabby..............Kidney problems can lead to sore gums and this might be why Gabby does not want to eat anything hard....it will hurt her mouth. Maybe the nutritonist hasn't taken this into consideration. Doggys with kidney problems can benefit from a diet low in phospherous..............I am sure if you google you will find info on softer foods that will be easier for her to eat. I check her mouth encase her gums are inflamed and if so ask the vet what to do.
    Hope Gabby gets well real soon.

Hi
    yes thanks got gums and teeth checked Its Hill prescription food Egg & Rice and just put down her first lot so time will tell if she eats it the medication she is on is Alucap 3 times a day
    Its nice to be nice

Anne if you find that Gabby doesn't like the biscuits then Denes have some canned foods which are suitable http://www.denes.co.uk/advice/fact_s...y_problems.php

Really, really hope that her medication works a treat and she will soon be well again.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Hopefully things will improve now and your wee pall will be tucking into Roast Turkey and all the trimmings by Christmas day.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

So pleased Gabby is drinking and eating, so she is improving. i had an old cat years ago who had kidney problems and lived many years.
    My dog is fine now, he must have had a couple of "off" days, and is eating well again. He is probably a bit thin as he does a lot of exercise.
    do let us know how gabby gets on.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

just caught up on this ...lots of hugs sent to gabbi and anne ....and hope both feel better soon xxxxx
    The miracle is not to fly in the air,
    or to walk on the water,but to walk on the earth.

Just got told tonight that Gabby has got Renal failure but with change of diet and medication etc she has perked up and is eating and Drinking and is in no pain well as far as the vet can say we are totally devastated as you can imagine
    Last edited by Anne x; 12-Dec-08 at 03:52.
    Its nice to be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Anne x View Post
    Just got told tonight that Gabby has got Renal failure but with change of diet and medication etc she has perked up and is eating and Drinking and is in no pain well as far as the vet can say we are totally devastated as you can imagine

So sorry Anne but it is good that she is responding to her treatment. You would know yourself whether she was in any pain.

I hope with all my heart that she continues to improve. xxx
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

at least you now know whats wrong with Gabby and hopefully with the correct diet and medication she can have a reasonable quality of life.
    Like Liz said ,you'd know if she was in pain.

Gabby was hospitalised last night she is on a drip and responding but her blood tests results from last night were not very good the vet has just rang and they are keeping her in tonight again the drip is flushing out her kidneys and also giving her drugs to combat infections she is not eating very well either so the next 24 hrs will tell having said all of that the vet said she is very alert
    Its nice to be nice

got fingers crossed for Gabby that she gets over this dip......sounds as if the vet is doing a thorough job for her. Keep hopes high...........

Fingers and paws crossed here too, sending healing light to get her over this setback xx
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

Ann, I am so sorry to hear about Gabby, I hope flushing the kidneys will make a difference.

Gabby was hospitalised last night she is on a drip and responding but her blood tests results from last night were not very good the vet has just rang and they are keeping her in tonight again the drip is flushing out her kidneys and also giving her drugs to combat infections she is not eating very well either so the next 24 hrs will tell having said all of that the vet said she is very alert
    All we can do now is hope and pray the kidney flushing works.
    As Gabby appears bright and alert she's not ready to give up and niether are we.

All of us are here for you and Gabby.

binbob Guest

sorry to hear this,but hopefully she will soon be back at home.hugs from all of us here xx

thank you all for your messages No updates yet apart from the fact she is very Perky will just have to wait and see what tomorrows blood tests show and where to go from that
    Its nice to be nice

Gabby is being Kept in over the weekend Her bloods and Kidney function results are good and she is very alert but every time she eats she is violently sick they have now tried several different foods and the same result goodness knows what the end result of this episode is gonna be
    but we will hope

but in answer to another thread which at mo I cannot enter in to(As cannot be bothered ) Gabby thank god has Insurance but her bill is now standing at £1k plus had this happened god forbid when I was a single parent I could simply not of afforded this treatment

thoughts with Dragonfly Brodie, Gabby tonight
    Its nice to be nice

oh Anne if only you were still in Thurso we could cry on each others shoulders but if you are anything like me you'll be all cried out.

I hope that Gabby will be on the mend soon and will keep you in my thoughts

xxx

Anne I've only just caught up with this thread. How awful for you. I hope things are better with Gabby. I'm thinking of you.

Anne not seen you on all day, hope all's ok

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast