Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not Eating

Default Not Eating

Up to ninety nine tonight my 8 yr old Cocker Spaniel bitch contacted 2 weeks ago cystitus (Spayed young ) 2 weeks of Antibiotic not eating a morsel and has lost loads of weight drinking a lot though tonight the vet said we must do blood tests and get the results tmr looking for something more sinister for the past week she has eaten silch no biscuits treats refused the lot worried Mum
    Last edited by Anne x; 25-Nov-08 at 00:44.
    Its nice to be nice

Unhappy

Thinking of you and hoping that the Vets will be able to help Gabby.

It is so awful when our beloved pets are unwell.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

drinking a lot looks like an infection is present, maybe you need a specific anti biotic to combat the infection

maybe an appetite stimulant could help? I had a goat once that scoured for 2 weeks and never ate a bite, she was on a drip for fluids and we were drenching her every 4 hours with energy products and rumen stimulents. She was literally like a hat rack, a bag of bones but when our vet diagnosed the bacteria responsible and the treatment needed it was like a miracle, she never looked back. She went on to win at the Breed show down at Newark ( Notts) milking like nothing had ever been wrong. Horses for courses as they say.

sorry to hear about your dog anne. I aM WORRIED ABOUT MINE TOO, HE IS 8, AND HAS GOT VERY THIN AND THIS is THE SECOND DAY he haS NOT EATEN but he drinks a lot. Tonight I was eating chicken and i gave him a piece and he ate it so i gave him the lot. He enjoys his outings, but the rest of the time he lies on my bed. i was wondering if he was pining again, but after reading your post, i think i will phone the vet for an appointment tomorrow. I wouldnt even go out of the house today, i couldn't leave him.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

binbob Guest

Default Sick cocker

Quote Originally Posted by Anne x View Post
    Up to ninety nine tonight my 8 yr old Cocker Spaniel bitch contacted 2 weeks ago cystitus (Spayed young ) 2 weeks of Antibiotic not eating a morsel and has lost loads of weight drinking a lot though tonight the vet said we must do blood tests and get the results tmr looking for something more sinister for the past week she has eaten silch no biscuits treats refused the lot worried Mum

anne..i have pm d u again.....i am out this morning but here all afternoon.best wishes to u and gabby.x

It maybe that she's picked up something poisonous and her body is trying to flush it by drinking loads of water.

I'm only guessing though so fingers crossed the vet gets to the bottom of this soon
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Hi , hope results are all good for Gabby from the vet, very worrying when our animals are unwell.
    Free Spirit

Hi All
    thanks so much for all your pms some of you by now know the prognosis and thank you to all who contributed

It is the Kidneys the vet is not sure yet if it is failure or Infection at this point more tests to be done over next 24 hrs to see if she can be treated
    most important fresh urine sample now how am I gonna do that ?
    If still not eaten by 48hrs she is going on a IV she has continued to loose weight
    She is home with me right now and sleeping at my feet
    Anne
    Its nice to be nice

So sorry to hear Gabby's so unwell, Anne .

I hope she has a peaceful night, and that the vet will be able to help her over the next few days.

Best wishes to you and Gabby. xx

Well tonight got the dreaded results she has Kidney damage she is going in on Friday to Vets to have another blood test to find out extent of damage but we have already been told change of Diet and Medication for the rest of her life
    Sad thing is she has perked up and started eating
    thank you so much for all pms and messages really grateful
    Its nice to be nice

I am so sorry to read your news, I hope the vet can help with recovery and that all goes aswell as can be expected. I know how you must be feeling, our lovely wee rescue dog is half way through a course of inter muscluar injections ( which make her squeal) and the blood test results will be in tonight when we go.
    Images of Spain can be seen at valspages.com

Glad she's perked up a bit. Did you have her insured? Hope the meds aren't too expensive if not and that she is back to her old self again soon
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

Quote Originally Posted by carasmam View Post
    Glad she's perked up a bit. Did you have her insured? Hope the meds aren't too expensive if not and that she is back to her old self again soon
    Yes we have Her Insured with a excess of £150 but as the vets bill has now ran to £500 not a problem we have a cut out point of 6k from the Insurers after that we will be on our own as no company will insure her

Anyhow got the results today of blood test and she has shown a improvement kidneys functioning at 70% thank goodness as this morning it looked pretty grim she had a high temp and needed a jab never ate and not drinking either and was very lethargic I was up until 3 am with her last night very poorly

From tomorrow she will be on lifetime medication and a special diet the vet is going to give me a recipe to cook myself until she speaks to the Nutrionalist on Monday lord knows how that will work with special diet but will try anything
    Its nice to be nice

Unhappy

It's such a worry isn't it. Sending loads of healing light your way x
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

Yes we have Her Insured with a excess of £150 but as the vets bill has now ran to £500 not a problem we have a cut out point of 6k from the Insurers after that we will be on our own as no company will insure her

Anyhow got the results today of blood test and she has shown a improvement kidneys functioning at 70% thank goodness as this morning it looked pretty grim she had a high temp and needed a jab never ate and not drinking either and was very lethargic I was up until 3 am with her last night very poorly

From tomorrow she will be on lifetime medication and a special diet the vet is going to give me a recipe to cook myself until she speaks to the Nutrionalist on Monday lord knows how that will work with special diet but will try anything
    Oh the poor wee dog but i'm sure with your dedication and love it will get better.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Oh poor Gabby but it is good that there is an improvement and with her medication and diet she should improve even more.

Poor you as well as you must be exhausted!

Sending love and healing light to both of you. xxx
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Well made up the Vets recipe and she ate it and drank well also managed to get her medication into her since Sat now the vet has rung to say the Nutritionist has suggested a dry food diet long term seems a bit odd to me as she wont even eat a biscuit so goodness knows how Im gonna get on with this next step
    thanks for your wishes and pms
    Anne
    Its nice to be nice

Well made up the Vets recipe and she ate it and drank well also managed to get her medication into her since Sat now the vet has rung to say the Nutritionist has suggested a dry food diet long term seems a bit odd to me as she wont even eat a biscuit so goodness knows how Im gonna get on with this next step
    thanks for your wishes and pms
    Anne
    Hang in there wifie, Gabby needs her mum . Anne xxxx
    PEACE LOVE LIGHT & HARMONY

oh Anne ..........just caught up with this, poor Gabby and poor you, know how devastating this will be for you. Hope she makes the best recovery she can, fingers crossed for you both xxxxx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast