Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not Eating

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    Anne not seen you on all day, hope all's ok
    She is still in the hospital having said that the news yesterday was that her bloods are good had only been sick once and had managed to remove her drip overnight by herself the vet could not believe it anyhow her own vet is assessing her today to see if she can come home she has 2 new lots of medication long term will update later with whats happening I really must get a claim form from our Insurers to claim to date as I havent done that yet your story Dragonfly is just so awful
    Its nice to be nice

what great news, hopefully she will go from strength to strength now.

Brodie is good just now as long as he can be kept stable we'll be fine - just have to watch carefully for any change in his behaviour and get him to the vet asap!!

As for the insurance I have gone throught their "policy wording" with a fine tooth comb this morning and they have it covered pretty well - basically they will exclude any illness that first showing "clinical signs no matter where in the body" before the policy start date and they have also got us on "any behavioural problem, mental or emotional disorder" - part of Brodies condition is neurological and he displayed both mental and emotional disorders!!

Makes you wonder whats the point in taking out insurance especially in a life or death case like Brodies as his life is severally at risk just now

I know Im beginning to wonder now as Gabbs is terminally ill have just downloaded claim form vet said just to give it to them to fill in is as they have every visit medication and treatment on file time will tell as to hospital costs since Wed not a clue until we pay today well hopefully it will be today

So glad Brodie is stable
    Its nice to be nice

binbob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Anne x View Post
    She is still in the hospital having said that the news yesterday was that her bloods are good had only been sick once and had managed to remove her drip overnight by herself the vet could not believe it anyhow her own vet is assessing her today to see if she can come home she has 2 new lots of medication long term will update later with whats happening I really must get a claim form from our Insurers to claim to date as I havent done that yet your story Dragonfly is just so awful

hope gabby will soon be lounging on her fave chair !!

binbob Guest

[quote=dragonfly;486184]what great news, hopefully she will go from strength to strength now.

Brodie is good just now as long as he can be kept stable we'll be fine - just have to watch carefully for any change in his behaviour and get him to the vet asap!!

As for the insurance I have gone throught their "policy wording" with a fine tooth comb this morning and they have it covered pretty well - basically they will exclude any illness that first showing "clinical signs no matter where in the body" before the policy start date and they have also got us on "any behavioural problem, mental or emotional disorder" - part of Brodies condition is neurological and he displayed both mental and emotional disorders!!

so awful ,dragonfly..my late father used to say that insurance is legalised fraud.......and i think he may have been right.
    would u consider seeing a solicitor??
    hope wee brodie is well and happy today.

Sending healing prayers for Gabby and Brodie and comforting prayers for Anne and Dragonfly.

If the insurance companies don't cover the expenses that you feel they should, be tenacious and persistent. The insurance company is accountable to some kind of regulatory authority, get their information and take it as high as you can. Over here we have the State Corporation Commission to which we can appeal the insurance company's decision. If there is something similar in Scotland use them -- it is very worthwhile to have an objective party make a ruling. They don't charge a fee so it is a better option than a solicitor. However, in your case Dragonfly, I would work my way up the chain of authority and I would absolutely consider a solicitor as a last resort. From what you have stated here, the insurance company is being totally unreasonable.

Well got Gabby home tonight at 5pm she has lost so much weight
    Huge welcome slavering almost but it did not last had 3 lots of medication to administor and ever since been in her bed sleeping drank a bit but not a morsel of food has been eaten or has she gone outside
    I have howled for Britain tonight and all tears have now dried up and really trying to be sensible
    I even got her lead and tried for a walk but no avail not at all interested
    So really I have no more answers for now but this is devastaing
    I just wonder something was I really expecting the Hospital to do more than I could apart from Drugs to be honest yes I did
    but deep down my answer is No Clutching at Straws I think
    the only Positive thing right now is having just left her she is sound asleep and so peaceful
    Last edited by Anne x; 20-Jan-09 at 02:25. Reason: update 1.25 am
    Its nice to be nice

So sad for you and your lovely Gabby and I wish the very best miracle possible for you both...............hang in there. Thinking of you. x

So sorry to read your post we too have howled for hours when Scally was so low. It is just plain awful when they are ill. Will be thinking of you all, take care

Val x
    Images of Spain can be seen at valspages.com

just wondering is there any news on how gabby and brodie are doing xxxxxxxx

hi purplelady, Brodie is doing fine on meds and diet, op will be on 3rd feb so keeping everything crossed for success. Thanks for asking btw

hoping Gabby had a good night Anne and you too.
    Last edited by dragonfly; 21-Jan-09 at 10:17.

you've done all you can for your Gabby,Anne its difficult to accept that sometimes all we can do is hope and pray.

thinking of you both.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

well had to resort to the vet again Yesterday who was very frustrated with things as when Gabby was discharged on Monday night she was eating drinking and her bloods were good then she never ate or drank until yesterday after noon ,
    when the vet suggested I braise some low fat mince put it through a sieve and add 1 tblsp to her food the vets gave us she ate it !! vet thinks she was just sounding us out for something better to eat and playing us a bit huffing really
    Today she has had some more and drank getting the medication into her is a bit of a hassle but did that quite easily today
    I am going to try and get her out for a walk later

thank you for all your pms I really appreciate them especially yesterday when I thought the worst
    Anne
    Its nice to be nice

God Bless you Anne, Dragonfly and Teenybash and your "bairns"

Praying and hoping for you all ! Take Care XXX

Anne so happy your Gabby has turned the corner........so, so pleased your miracle has arrived and let's all hope the road ahead is smooth and shining bright. Hugs to you both...especially Gabby the little rascal.

Thought I would just update about Gabby after all your pms etc well she is eating and drinking regularily her special food chicken and rice in tins with the tblsp mince to entice her and thanks to Dragonfly I got the constipation problem sorted and is fine

Managing to get her meds into her a lot easier now she is moving around the house but still quite lethargic but good to see her on the go she loves the snow and is in and out of the dog flap today

Would like to wish all the best to Dragonfly and Brodie for operation tomorrow we are all thinking of you
    Its nice to be nice

Smile

Anne I am so glad that Gabby is eating now and taking her medication.

I wouldn't worry too much about the lethargy at this stage as she probably just needs to get her strength back after being so ill.

Take care.xxx
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Good news Gabby is getting there......time will heal now and see her back to her usual self.Thankyou for the update...it's always nice to know of the wee ones..

Quote Originally Posted by Anne x View Post
    Thought I would just update about Gabby after all your pms etc well she is eating and drinking regularily her special food chicken and rice in tins with the tblsp mince to entice her and thanks to Dragonfly I got the constipation problem sorted and is fine

Managing to get her meds into her a lot easier now she is moving around the house but still quite lethargic but good to see her on the go she loves the snow and is in and out of the dog flap today

Would like to wish all the best to Dragonfly and Brodie for operation tomorrow we are all thinking of you
    Glad thinks are on the up for you both.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123