Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Sticky stuff remover?

Question Sticky stuff remover?

I know you can buy this special liquid for removing sticky stuff where labels have been, [so annoying!] but before I next go into town, does anyone have any alternative solutions? There must be 'an old wifey's' method that was used before modern chemicals??? Its actually sticky stuff from parcel tape that I want to remove from pine.
    Thanks.
    Caring people, caring for your animals......highlandpetcare.co.uk

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that is why it is called the present.

I use Pledge, works a treat.

rub some vegetable oil over the label and leave it for a while to soak in,then the label should just slide off along with any sticky residue x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Lighter fuel also does the same job, I have used sticky stuff remover and it's very good, I found some online here
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Smile

Thanks peeps for those suggestions......plenty to be going on with.
    Caring people, caring for your animals......highlandpetcare.co.uk

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that is why it is called the present.

Goldie Guest

Default Sticky stuff remover?

You may have this sorted by now but I have used nail varnish remover or
    surgical spirit - but take care on what surface you use it on because it can react with plastics. I also use baby wet wipes and they work a treat! hope you have got your self out of a sticky situation!! lol

Cheers

Hi guys would any of these be any good for removing the sticky back from a border?
    Decorating and when border was removed left a glue type sticky stuff and near impossible to come off.

Goldie Guest

Hi there Biker5 is the sticky left on a painted wall? if so I would try the wet wipes - it is amazing what they do - they have removed biro/felt pen stains from any surface and are great at removing sticky stuff from everything I have ever tried. Good luck if I think of anything else I will let you know. Cheers

Hi goldie.
    yeah its on a painted wall.
    Will try wet wipes and see how it goes.
    thanks for that

Goldie Guest

Hi again Biker5 the only other thing I can think of is warm soapy water and a lot of elbow grease - good luck