Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Rock books

Default Rock books

They're full of lies, slander and stuff that you wish could be true. Who will come forth and offer suggestions for a good rock read? Apart from Hammer of the Gods.

Whispering Bob Harris' book is really good. He's pretty comical but still hugely embittered about his time at Radio 1. Lots of great stuff about the whistle test too.

Slash's book is good as well.

Motley Crue- The Dirt & Nikki Sixx - The Heroin Diaries

Andy Summers' book is a good read. However, as Connor McLeod once said - they're can only be one. And he was right, it's The Real Frank Zappa Book.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Andy Summers' book is a good read. However, as Connor McLeod once said - they're can only be one. And he was right, it's The Real Frank Zappa Book.
    Gizmo is spot on about Motley Crue - the dirt
    & Pepsi Challenge I'll 2nd you on Zappa its a great read for fans & musicians alike
    also worth reading are...
    Stevie Ray Vaughan: Caught in the Crossfire
    Noddy Holder: Who's Crazee Now? (a great Laugh)
    Are You Morbid?: Into the Pandemonium of "Celtic Frost" (only for frosty fans really!)
    Black Sabbath -How Black Was Our Sabbath: An Unauthorised View from the Crew
    Don't Try This at Home: A Year in the Life of Dave Navarro
    Walk This Way: The Autobiography of Aerosmith
    & a non music related one but this bloke TOTALLY ROCKED
    Evel Incarnate: The Life and Legend of Evel Knievel !

Dave Lee Roth's Crazy From the Heat is pretty good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Motley Crue- The Dirt & Nikki Sixx - The Heroin Diaries

Yeah defo the Dirt as its a good read (and if it ever gets of the ground a good film i hope).
    Didnt think much of the Heroin Diaries, thought to masel if he was so out his head then how did he remember to write it all down, was he not to busy hiding in the closet wi his gun

I think what we're all waiting and hoping for is a definitive account of Ozzy Osbourne's excesses.

It'll never happen though, given he can't remember any of the 1980s at all.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

How about a book containing the ups and downs (or just downs) of Thurso's 2 best ever metal bands-Discrapency and Metal Attakk!

Potential chapters such as "The Omlette", "Power Chords v Open Chords", and "Thrashin To Abba" would ensure it would be a classic.

Casket Garden would also be a good literary subject, but perhaps a small booklet or pamphlet rather than a large tome.

Quote Originally Posted by buddyrich View Post
    How about a book containing the ups and downs (or just downs) of Thurso's 2 best ever metal bands-Discrapency and Metal Attakk!

Potential chapters such as "The Omlette", "Power Chords v Open Chords", and "Thrashin To Abba" would ensure it would be a classic.

Casket Garden would also be a good literary subject, but perhaps a small booklet or pamphlet rather than a large tome.
    Hmmm...how about 'naw'.

Some stories from back then though - 'The Marble In A Tumble-Dryer' and 'The Castletown Time Warp Paradigm' spring to mind, along with 'How To
    Fire The Bass Player (And Still Get To Use His PA System)'.

Buddyrich, this would be perfect material for a 'blog.

Marble in the tumble dryer - almost totally forgot about this

Yes, Discrapancy were legends in their own toilet - but we loved them anyway. I wonder if any of the youngsters in here - or any of the older one for that matter - can remember the actual original Discrepency vocalist? Answers, Buddy, to the PM.

BTW, whomever got the Moonshine mannequin?

slash's book is a quality read. the best parts are the pre guns n roses stuff. he should have been dead way before then.
    you dont look at the mantle when ur pokin the fire

Another classic story could be "How many items of your gear can you push about in a coop trolley before you start moaning about your hernia".

Marble in a tumble dryer-superb. It's up there with the "If you have cancer in your arm you dont cut your leg off!!!!" comment by Mr Attakk.

I thought Kenny was the first Discrepancy singer before his brother took over and rocked out to ABBA.

Mr Attakk has some archive footage from the moonshine and i think it's time it was revealed to the world!

Quote Originally Posted by buddyrich View Post
    Mr Attakk has some archive footage from the moonshine and i think it's time it was revealed to the world!
    Yes, yes I do indeed. It will never make it onto teh interwebs though.

In fact, I very much doubt it will ever see daylight again.

Shame. Is that the video where you leave the stage before they do that song by Cancer?

That was classic. Fade to black is actually really good on it.

Talking about videos, have you still got a copy of us in the redwood? I think Stix still has my copy.

Have PMed you, mate.