Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Helping each other lose weight

Quote Originally Posted by SAVEY
    Are you all going to stuff yourselves silly with chocolate and sweets before Monday? Its your last chance before you have to be strict with yourself!
    To right! In fact anything i can cram in my gob LOL !
    computer says no ........

Thumbs up Paul Mckenna

I can only praise the paul mckenna cd I have losta lot of weight with it. The method works for me only eat when you are hungry chew your food, put your fork down after every mouthfull. and stop when you are beginning to feel full. Love it and the cd is good for relaxing you and it really gives you motivation

Quote Originally Posted by larcc
    I can only praise the paul mckenna cd I have losta lot of weight with it. The method works for me only eat when you are hungry chew your food, put your fork down after every mouthfull. and stop when you are beginning to feel full. Love it and the cd is good for relaxing you and it really gives you motivation
    Only eat when you are hungry eh, thats like all the time..
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Default paul mckenna

lol. I was a bit sceptical at 1st but I thought I will try anything. And I can hoenstly say it works for me, eat when you are hungry and day you are hungry an hour or whatever later eat something else. just follow the rules, if anything it is worth a try

I'll join in. Any other guys?

I started in December and had lost 8lbs by the time i weighed myself 12 days ago. I have a long way to go though. Aiming to lose 10st. Maybe that will encourage some more of you to post your targets!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by porshiepoo
    Cheeky young whipper snapper. lol.
    I'll have you know I've done a bit of the old 'Page 3' moddeling in my time.
    WOW "2 page3 girls on caith.org crayola and porshiepoo isna every day you come across that is it.

Quote Originally Posted by larcc
    lol. I was a bit sceptical at 1st but I thought I will try anything. And I can hoenstly say it works for me, eat when you are hungry and day you are hungry an hour or whatever later eat something else. just follow the rules, if anything it is worth a try
    I tried that. It is a really good idea, but I never seem to get chance to sit down for half an hour to listen to the cd. Maybe I should as the whole idea does make a lot of sense.
    As one door shuts, another one slams in your face.

Quote Originally Posted by domestos
    WOW "2 page3 girls on caith.org crayola and porshiepoo isna every day you come across that is it.
    You better believe it.

Luckily, I don't need to diet much.

Quote Originally Posted by SweatyBetty
    SweatyBetty is a svelte 7 stone of course, with a figure to match.

In fact I am the one your husbands all look at down the street,
    Ha ha, you wish. You're lookin' at every husband's fantasy right now hon.
    Last edited by crayola; 26-Jan-06 at 01:18.

Quote Originally Posted by crayola
    Ha ha, you wish. You're lookin' at every husband's fantasy right now hon.
    All I can see is a picture of a skinny blue bint who looks as if her hair colorist was Brahms and Liszt.
    And what's more, she has chin on her like yon plug wifey Kiera Knightly.

Default lose weight

Sweatybetty,we'll come back to you in several years time after 4 kids,breastfeeding and the stresses of family life and life in general,lets see if your still as trim then and dare i say it a few saddle bags and flabby bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo
    I'll join in. Any other guys?

I started in December and had lost 8lbs by the time i weighed myself 12 days ago. I have a long way to go though. Aiming to lose 10st. Maybe that will encourage some more of you to post your targets!
    A very big well done GEO! Keep it up and maybe ( no not maybe you WILL )with the surport from all of us here you can reach your goal.

Default lose weight

Yeah,congrats Geo,i don't weigh myself but just go by how loose the jeans are feeling i'd like to lose 2-3 stone,i try and get to the gym when i can it makes a huge differance if you do it regularly.
    If anyone feels awkward going themselves i'm sure we could all agree to book for a certain time and all go together,would be a laugh as well.

Quote Originally Posted by greeneyes
    Yeah,congrats Geo,i don't weigh myself but just go by how loose the jeans are feeling i'd like to lose 2-3 stone,i try and get to the gym when i can it makes a huge differance if you do it regularly.
    If anyone feels awkward going themselves i'm sure we could all agree to book for a certain time and all go together,would be a laugh as well.
    I would jump at the chance but dont live up there anymore. i also want to lose about 2/3 stone, i will have to do a workout cd on my own. How boring!
    It defenatly helps when you can have a laugh doing it aswell.

Talking lose weight

Och thats a shame Paris,you could always open your curtains and let the neighbours see you jigging about lol.Could you maybe go with a pal.

Well done Geo! We need more guys like you on this topic.

I've tried the whole gym thing. I used to go to Fitness First in Boston and I absolutely loved it. I'd go on the walkers, treadmill and rowers, then do some weights, then treat myself to a sauna afterwards. Bliss! I even threw in some of the spin classes and step aerobics plus the old sunbed.
    What I do now though is save the money. I do various aerobics DVDs at least 3 times a week and have a total gym that I also use for the same amount of time. I'm feeling fitter already!
    As for eating - well my biggest sin is choccy. But I've cut out the cereals covered in sugar that give me the colly wobbles by lunchtime and have replaced it with Lidls luxury muesli which isn't usually my thing at all as I hate raisins and dried fruit but this ones quite nice. During the day I'll eat if I'm hungry and while I try not to shovel down cakes etc if I fancy a triple decker sandwich then thats what I'll have, but it's usually fruit and yoghurt or cup a soup, then at tea I'll have whatever we all want followed by yogurts or whatever if i'm hungry.
    The worst time for me is night time. Because of the medication I'm on I'm often still wide awake at 2 in the morning and thats when the sweetie craving kicks in.

I'm aiming for a stone to lose in weight cos I think it's best to aim for several small achievements instead of one huge one, so I'll weigh myself monday and let you all know the verdict.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Sweatybetty,we'll come back to you in several years time after 4 kids,breastfeeding and the stresses of family life and life in general,lets see if your still as trim then and dare i say it a few saddle bags and flabby bits.
    Oh dear, my three kids would like that! Exercise and moderation, that's all it takes.
    It's a simple equation, if you eat more that you can use, then you end up like you guys.
    Come on, you don't need a hypnotist or cds or dvds or whatever, you girls just need to face facts.
    Last edited by DW; 26-Jan-06 at 14:08.

Och thats a shame Paris,you could always open your curtains and let the neighbours see you jigging about lol.Could you maybe go with a pal.
    Untill the first wobbly bit has gone i will do this in the privacy of my own house .lol Once the weight has started to go and my confidance has built up ie feel good about myself, then there will be no stopping me strutting my stuff out and about.

Quote Originally Posted by SweatyBetty
    Oh dear, my three kids would like that! Exercise and moderation, that's all it takes.
    It's a simple equation, if you eat more that you can use, then you end up like you guys.
    Come on, you don't need a hypnotist or cds or dvds or whatever, you girls just need to face facts.
    Tut tut sweatybetty!
    Lets hope you never find yourself putting on weight due to medication eh!
    Do you really need to put your two pennies worth in on a topic that was started in order to help rather than hinder?

Are you really suggesting that we don't need to exercise?
    We ARE facing facts, that s why we have all decided to help each other out on here, if you're so perfect (which I doubt very much - I suspect you actually live up to your name) go and deliver your speeches to some other group.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Despite sweatybetty being as tactful as usual we actually do have to face facts.

Whilst there is no way on earth i would ever want to be or actually get the chance to be 7stone as a lifelong fattie i know that it is what i put in my mouth and what excercise i do or dont do that makes a difference - despite having an underactive thyroid gland.

The problem i have is that i am quite a happy fattie so the motivation isnt always there. Im a BIG girl folks but i have a lovely wonderful fabulous man and i walk and swim and im active - i never STOP some days. Being a big girl doesnt actually hinder me much just now. I have a pretty face im told ( those who know me can make their own minds up about that) and i am a happy and sociable girl.

So why bother - well smaller clothes are cheaper clothes and there is more choice. Also i feel GREAT just now but will i feel this way in ten years if i dont lose it? IM sure that once im slimmer i will be healthier in the long term so here goes.

Rather think i might do the weight watchers thing to be honest - i like the extra push it gives me - fingers crossed

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast