Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Helping each other lose weight

Quote Originally Posted by wickerinca
    My!!!..the silence is deafening!! So..I'll go first. I lost................wait for it................................................ .................................................. .....................not an ounce, not even a smidgen of unwanted fat/flesh/whatever has managed to shed itself from my body!! All of that exercise and self-deprivation for nothing. I can only hope that the rest of you have managed to do a bit better!

I am off in the huff now
    aw wickerina don't be disheartened, remember muscle is heavier than fat, so it could be that all the exercise is turning the fat into muscle, it usually takes six weeks of exercise and diet to loose around 1 stone....(though with no falls of the wagon) - you can do it.....

ps - low fat greek yoghurt and honey with a drop of honey is a lovely sweet treat

Angela, that about the only time i can honestly say i feel slim LOL jan x
    computer says no ........

sssshhhh, while you were sleeping I crept in with my flashlight to write this message on your computer screen. I have lost one more pound, but I say it quietly because I don't want to cause a distraction from the real story this week:

Paris and her exciting success.

Canuck... What are you like ! Bless your heart. jan x
    computer says no ........

Quote Originally Posted by paris
    Canuck... What are you like ! Bless your heart. jan x
    What am I like? Well, right now envious of you paris: your emerging singing career, your new slim look and your Caithnessian accent. I did have a break through on the accent the other day. I have come to put voices to the people on the org, but in my head you all have Canadian accents. Then I realized that perhaps you hear my voice when you read my posts and if so it would be with a Caithnessian accent. That made my day!!! Maybe there is a life in cyber space.
    Last edited by canuck; 08-Mar-06 at 19:12.

wickerinca Guest

Well saying as how canuck has fessed up I'll have to also. I lost 3lbs this week.........and I now have to tie the belt thingy on my workout pants or they slide down over the hips!!..not a pretty sight......yet!!

I already knew about the lying on your tummy thing!! Also keeps the boobies from reaching the tummy button.......as long as you remember to position them properly before taking up your final pose!!

Off to add my tuppenceworth to the Religion v Science thread............wasn't going to but I spent half of last night composing a post which I have now totally forgotten so I'll just have to waffle through it. If I don't do this I will be inable to finish making my bed!

YIPEE.......I've lost 2lb and i'm delighted..
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

wickerinca Guest

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    YIPEE.......I've lost 2lb and i'm delighted..
    Oh well done Connie

Good off both of you.

Good morning all. I am just moving this thread to the front page as a reminder that today is Monday, that dreaded weigh in day. We have been missing some of our regulars these last few weeks. I know, that Science and Religion Thread has you either so depressed or so worn out that you haven't been exercising. Well, it seems to be winding down, so girls and boys its back to the bikes and the hiking trails and the treadmills.

Wickerinca caught me eating ice cream on Saturday. But it was for a good cause! I'll check back in once I have been on the scales at the swimming pool.

I hope the weather is good where you are. We are supposed to get to 15C by this afternoon. But snow on Wednesday. Yuk!

Think slim!!!!!!!

krieve Guest

I've just spent a couple of hours reading this thread and haven't had such a good laugh for ages.Good luck to all of you,hope you get to be those slim fit persons you're aiming to be.Can't join you though,I bought a dozen hot cross buns yesterday,they were on offer,buy six and get six free.As there's only me in the house to eat them I can't waste them.

wickerinca Guest

Thanks for waking us all up abalone!! Forgot to keep posting on this thread but now that I am back the rest of the 'Disappearing Ladies' had better get back on track. I am now 7lbs down from my opening weight......and got chatted up in a local hardware store by a man who was young enough to be my son!! He complimented me on my dress sense and remarked that it was nice to see a lady wearing nice clothes and taking care of herself (Bit of a back-handed compliment but I accepted it gracefully!!!) Had to phone hubby as soon as I got back into my car but just got the usual jokes...like "Did he trip over his guide dog?" and "How much did he ask for?"

I am still floating and have to go see my neighbour and share the craic with her!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wickerinca
    Thanks for waking us all up abalone!! Forgot to keep posting on this thread but now that I am back the rest of the 'Disappearing Ladies' had better get back on track. I am now 7lbs down from my opening weight......and got chatted up in a local hardware store by a man who was young enough to be my son!! He complimented me on my dress sense and remarked that it was nice to see a lady wearing nice clothes and taking care of herself (Bit of a back-handed compliment but I accepted it gracefully!!!) Had to phone hubby as soon as I got back into my car but just got the usual jokes...like "Did he trip over his guide dog?" and "How much did he ask for?"

I am still floating and have to go see my neighbour and share the craic with her!!!!!
    Well done wickerinca, thats given me the motivation to keep on going. I haven't weighed myself this week, but I had a couple of bad days, so I'll leave the weigh in till next week..

wickerinca Guest

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    Well done wickerinca, thats given me the motivation to keep on going. I haven't weighed myself this week, but I had a couple of bad days, so I'll leave the weigh in till next week..
    I still can't find the smileys so I will just have to 'wink' and tell you that the odd extra fruit or two is not a problem!!!!! I have a company dinner thing tomorrow and a neighbourly card game on Saturday so I see a wee sore head in the future!! That will have to be the oranges and the apples out of the window to make room for the grapes!!!!

See you at the weigh-in on Monday!!!

This is an upfront confession. And don't try to talk me out of it. The retreat centre where I will be for three days serves the best meals. It is good for a few pounds going back on. I will commit to one good long walk each day. That should help. I haven't even had time this week to get swimming. But I don't think there is anything positive to report from the weight scales. See you all back here on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck
    This is an upfront confession. And don't try to talk me out of it. The retreat centre where I will be for three days serves the best meals. It is good for a few pounds going back on. I will commit to one good long walk each day. That should help. I haven't even had time this week to get swimming. But I don't think there is anything positive to report from the weight scales. See you all back here on Monday.
    Have a good time Canuck...never mind the diet, you dserve a treat. You can get back on track next week..lol

Found this exercise routine online:

New exercise routine. If you're over 25, you might want to take it easy at first, and then do it faster as you become more proficient.

It may be too strenuous for some.

Always consult your doctor before starting any exercise program!

SCROLL DOWN...

THEN SCROLL UP...
    That's enough for the first day.
    Great job.
    Have a Beer.

wickerinca Guest

Default My Hero...Geo

LMAO....well felt like it as it was jiggling about!! That was so funny Geo...but I nearly strained my finger getting all the way down there!!!! Can't have a beer...but I'll drain my "fruit juice" to you. Cheers!!