Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Helping each other lose weight

Hahahahaha. Oh Dear Wickerinca, thats a classic. Bet you've spent ages trying to figure that position out again eh?

I haven't managed to get any exercise done for a few days cos i've caught that horrible bloomin cold. Hubby had it before I went away and it looks as though I carried it all the way to England and gave it to my mum - aren't I kind!
    My throat is killing and I just feel lousy. Haven't done too well with the diet either. I've done ok today (haven't eaten a bean- hmmmm did I really call that healthy), but the last couple of days I've just eaten what I fancied.
    Still haven't weighed myself either.

Paris - Get a workout, you'll feel much better. Don't worry too much about pigging out, making yourself feel guilty about it is just gonna open up a whole other world of torment for you so don't go there.
    You ate a bit wrong, so what! Get back on track, be aware of it and don't feel guilty. You're trying to lose weight, not punish yourself!!!!!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Weeboyagee where are you? We need your inspiration. Even super keener paris is following by the way. I hope the bruises are healing.

I have a wonderful litany of really good excuses that have kept me from the pool this week, but they don't get the pounds off. However, your continued presence, even if only in a cyberspace way, helps to curb the temptations on the eating side of things. You inspire me to think slim, think thin.

The University Student is home for the weekend. Her advise (she studies Phys Ed, kinesiology to the rest of the world) is small meals, five times a day (sure like any of us can work that into our schedule!) and exercise, exercise and more exercise. I have never quite managed it, but apparently once your body is fit it regulates the appetite better. Oh, to be 20 and know all this stuff, but not really need to use it.

I hope that there is lots of ice water on tap at your favorite pub this weekend. Next Monday is creeping up for week 2 weigh in.

that's "falling" by the way. I guess that I need to learn to edit.

She ate all the grapes! I bought grapes the other day to try out your suggestions about freezing them and putting them in the microwave. I came home at tea time and the university student had eaten my Friday evening entertainment. I am really tempted to go for some fudge brownies.

The math people may be able to interpret what these statistics mean: I have just discovered that our thread has the most replies of any on the c.org website and that it is fifth highest for views. Maybe "we" are the Big Brother group of c.org.

Morning all. Does that mean i get a prize for starting it then ??? Maybe a bar of choccy !!! Surgestions on a post card to........... LOL jan x
    computer says no ........

Yes, paris, I think that you deserve a prize. But no chocolate! How is the new equipment working? Did you get it back in working order? Stick with it. All this Olympic hype is motivation to think fit.

Dont forget chaps, its weigh in tomorrow. GULP !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by paris
    Dont forget chaps, its weigh in tomorrow. GULP !!!!
    OH no..i was hoping this thread was kinda forgotten about...
    I'll start again tomorrow..honest
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Paris, you were supposed to be drinking ice water last night, not liquids that caused you a draggy morning.

See you tomorrow.

krieve Guest

I wish i had the will power lol

krieve, join us. We have the worst will power in the world. But somehow the likes of weeboyagee and Drszin keep us motivated. (They actually do stuff like running.) Wickerinca, porshiepoo and paris have hilarious stories. You loose weight just laughing. And this group counts wine as a fruit.

And then we are all going to get together for one big party.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck
    krieve, join us. We have the worst will power in the world. But somehow the likes of weeboyagee and Drszin keep us motivated. (They actually do stuff like running.) Wickerinca, porshiepoo and paris have hilarious stories. You loose weight just laughing. And this group counts wine as a fruit.

And then we are all going to get together for one big party.
    Oh I missed the bit about the wine...count me in too..lol

wickerinca Guest

Ok Connie!! it isn't THAT difficult if you remember that a glass of wine counts as one fruit!! It can get difficult to remember how many fruit you have eaten!!

See you all tomorrow!

I'm off to a good start..bran flakes and skimmed milk...I'm determined i'm going to do well today..lol

Good morning everyone. Okay, so it is almost noon where you are, but it isn't even light here. Where are you? Okay, Wickerinca may be without power. But this is weigh in day for the rest of us. Come on.

I can report a pound off. Not bad for a week where most of my exercise came from pounding the air after Canada won the gold in women's mogul skiing.

I look forward to your reports as the day progresses.

wickerinca Guest

Woweeeeeeeeeeeeee. All that skimmed milk, Special K and no Choccies have paid Off!!!! George, my bicycle, is my new best friend and we have spent 4 happy hours together last week toning parts of this body and helping me to shed weight with aerobic exercise

And this morning the scales do not lie..................I have lost a whole 1.8lbs. Fandabbidozy...or something like that! Gosh.......nearly knocked over my glass of organic apple juice in my excitement!

As you can tell we have not lost power but I do need to go and dig a path for the boys and this is also garbage day so I am going to have to drag the Green Bin up to the end of the driveway.......then cart the 4 bags of newspapers up..then finally the 2 blue bags!! We are really into recycling here!!! If you don't hear from me in an hour or so will somebody call an ambulance!!

It's not all bad...............George and I have a date later

WOW !!! Well done you not so fatties anymore.... I haven't been able to get to tescos today for my weigh in so mines going to have to wait till tomorrow. Sorry guys... OK wickerinca so you have a name for your bike, George i believe. That does it i will have to name my skiing machine EDDIE after Eddie the eagle, get it ha ha ha . jan x

wickerinca Guest

Quote Originally Posted by paris
    WOW !!! Well done you not so fatties anymore.... I haven't been able to get to tescos today for my weigh in so mines going to have to wait till tomorrow. Sorry guys... OK wickerinca so you have a name for your bike, George i believe. That does it i will have to name my skiing machine EDDIE after Eddie the eagle, get it ha ha ha . jan x
    Well jan.....I can only hope that you have as much fun on Eddie as I have on George

Looking forward to hearing a Woweeeee from you tomorrow!!!

I've put on a pound...GGrrrrrrrrr
    I'm off to the chinese to drown my sorrows!!!

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    I've put on a pound...GGrrrrrrrrr
    I'm off to the chinese to drown my sorrows!!!
    i often find taking the loose change out my pockets help