Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Helping each other lose weight

Default Helping each other lose weight

Just wondering if there was some way we could have a bit of a diet club thing going on here, to give each other moral support and tips etc. 1st thing is we must be totally honest about weight and how much we lose each week.It would be really good if you were having a bad day and needed to confess about what you've eaten and shouldn't have ie cakes sweets. I'm definitely up for it, what about you?
    computer says no ........

Talking Totally up 4 it!

Yeah sure, i will join in. Like a food diary kind of thing?

Ashleigh
    Castle View Stables
    Ashleigh Campbell BHSAI
    Oldwick Mains

That would be fab - i need for there to be less of me. im not starting til next week though

wickerinca Guest

Talking

Hi I am new to this so please have patience with me...but the losing weight thing would be great. I started two weeks ago and I have lost about 1lb....big deal!!! I am training for a 2 day bike ride in July and another one in August....mad, I know as I hate cycling and my bum hurts something awful!!

Has anyone heard of a dieting method where you imagine that your favorite foods are covered in the worse and vilest of substances so you refuse to eat them any longer? I think it may be Paul McKenna that developed this method.

Anyway, I heard not so long ago that there are 2 bluebottle wings per kilogramme of chocolate. So no imagination is needed there, just the facts will put anyone off. There is a great start for your diet plan, folks!!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

wickerinca Guest

2 bluebottle wings?.......A kilogramme of chocolate?.......sorry! Not enough to put me off!!! Must go and have my Banana and Nutella sandwich for lunch!!

Quote Originally Posted by wickerinca
    2 bluebottle wings?.......A kilogramme of chocolate?.......sorry! Not enough to put me off!!! Must go and have my Banana and Nutella sandwich for lunch!!
    Sounds good to me wickerinca,
    computer says no ........

wickerinca Guest

It is..really enjoying it!!...and I have it on flax seed bread. All healthy stuff!!! Suppose you lot are all having, or thinking about, dinner, tea , whatever you call it!!

rich62_uk Guest

I can see a problem here. Who's going to admit to their true weight when most cant admit their age ? ....Trish.

I will join though lol

rich62_uk Guest

A tip, I have heard although not tried yet that if you put grapes in the freezer they taste similar to hard boiled sweets (just very cold ones lol)
    Trish.

You Are What You Eat is on Channel 4 at 8pm.....
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead
    Has anyone heard of a dieting method where you imagine that your favorite foods are covered in the worse and vilest of substances so you refuse to eat them any longer? I think it may be Paul McKenna that developed this method.

Anyway, I heard not so long ago that there are 2 bluebottle wings per kilogramme of chocolate. So no imagination is needed there, just the facts will put anyone off. There is a great start for your diet plan, folks!!
    Knowing about the way food is processed ...I no longer touch processed pork, any type of sausage, margerine, corned beef, industrial raspberry or strawberry jam, processed frozen meats (nuggets, burgers, meatballs), mince in the UK, ready meals with meat ( it's usually added value meat: trimming, etc) and so on. After seeing mechanicaly removed meat, margerine and canned sausages being made, a bluebottle in chocolate is the least of all evils! I try not to pay attention to the way some foods are processed now, or soon I will be a third degree vegan who will not eat anything that hasn't fallen naturally from the plant or that casts a shadow.

I would like to join the club by the way!
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

Quote Originally Posted by rich62_uk
    A tip, I have heard although not tried yet that if you put grapes in the freezer they taste similar to hard boiled sweets (just very cold ones lol)
    Trish.
    My mum does this. They are delicious. Nicer than hard boiled sweets as they retain the freshness of the fruit and are not syrupy sweet.

krieve Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rich62_uk
    Trish.
    I must try that sounds yummy

Unhappy

There's too much of me too. Good idea the diet club!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead
    Paul currently has a programme on Sky One at 9pm on a Monday. I have been watching it and trying to follow it. He does mention the above although I havent really found this usefull yet!!! Some of what he says makes a lot of sense - others IMHO are rubbish - it all has to do with your imagination.

Its worth a watch if you are trying to find a different way of losing weight.....

i could be up for that as i cant see my feet any more help......!

I'm up for it Paris. I started my eating plan on the 1st january though.
    I'm not dieting as such cos I don't think they work, all they do is emphasise food all the more and lets face it most of us could do with thinking about food alot less. Weighing every bite you take is just too extreme.
    Try learning about healthy food that way the odd sin (choccy, choccy, choccy) ends up being a rather nice treat with none of the guilt.

Paul Mckennas ways do actually work but as with anything you have to be committed and do the mind techniques all the time, if you don't think you're disciplined enough for it I say try something else. Theres no point setting yourself up for failure.

I also ain't worrying about weighing myself every week either. We've all had the scenario where you're off to boots to be weighed so you don't eat breakfast, you wear the skimpiest of clothes and are feeling quite chuffed with how you think you've done all week. Then you step on the scales and.....they lie! Thats it then, you feel like ......doggy do do's, so you go straight to the nearest cafe, eat a cake insisting you've got all week to get rid of it and thats just the beginning of the end. The following week turns into a disaster and you either promise to start again next week (yeah right!!But in what year???) or you starve yourself for the next 3 days and take extra laxatives convinced you can see a difference after every visit to the loo. Been there done that! (And I know you have too Paris so no point denying) lol.
    What I intend to do now is to weigh myself every month, the difference should be greater that way and more of an incentive.
    But theres no way I'm telling anyone my weight though, not until I'm where I want to be.

So..... has anyone tried Trimspa??? I believe it's supposed to be quite good! lol
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by ice box
    i could be up for that as i cant see my feet any more help......!
    Get bigger shoes!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by girnigoe
    Paul currently has a programme on Sky One at 9pm on a Monday. I have been watching it and trying to follow it. He does mention the above although I havent really found this usefull yet!!! Some of what he says makes a lot of sense - others IMHO are rubbish - it all has to do with your imagination.

Its worth a watch if you are trying to find a different way of losing weight.....
    He has a book too, which includes a hypnosis cd. I got it for a Christmas present from someone( I don't know what they were trying to tell me) I havn't tried it yet but I'll let you know how I get on!!

I think I've found out where I'm going wrong with my eating habits though...I've been putting the grapes in the microwave instead of the freezer...lol
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast