Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Arts, crafts and Christmas gifts..

Default Arts, crafts and Christmas gifts..

Can anyone advise? being pretty newish to the area I wondered if anyone out there would know of a place / or places where traditional hand made christmas gifts might be made?
    I have searched the internet high and low for gifts made in Sutherland or Caithness and I have come up empty.
    All suggestions welcome

Smile

There's the Balnakeil Craft Village at Durness you could try. Hope you manage to find what you're looking for.
    cape locum et fac vestigium

Default Christmas crafts

Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    Can anyone advise? being pretty newish to the area I wondered if anyone out there would know of a place / or places where traditional hand made christmas gifts might be made?
    I have searched the internet high and low for gifts made in Sutherland or Caithness and I have come up empty.
    All suggestions welcome
    Why not try thr craft shop in High Street Wick they always seem to have plenty on display.

Default Local Crafts

There are usually Craft Fairs on in Thurso every Saturday before Christmas - used to be in the Town Hall before it was closed for renovations. I'm sure they will have relocated somewhere else for this winter. There was always a great range of gifts for sale.