Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: Which scheme do you favour?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pastel shades - modern with leather sofas

2 15.38%
  • Creams and browns - modern with leather sofas

5 38.46%
  • Creams and browns - more traditional with old style tables and chairs

3 23.08%
  • Bright white minimalist with modern prints on the walls with low tables and sofas

2 15.38%
  • None of the above - please suggest something in a post

1 7.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Caithness.Org Pub - New Colour Scheme

Default Official Caithness.Org Pub - New Colour Scheme

It has been decided that the above mentioned establishment requires a lick of paint - so what do you fancy?

Good idea wifie - but remember .... paintbrushes at the ready everyone when the decision is made ... and no girning if you don't like the colours if you haven't voted!

So you are more of a pastels woman laguna?

Well, I've gone for the browns and cream but feel there needs to be a dash of something brighter as it could be drab....maybe a touch of red and a bit of a gold tone here and there....................

Quote Originally Posted by teenybash View Post
    Well, I've gone for the browns and cream but feel there needs to be a dash of something brighter as it could be drab....maybe a touch of red and a bit of a gold tone here and there....................
    Drab - it will never be drab in there with the people who frequent it!
    We need to accessorise teenybash and perhaps a few nice pictures!

I will be happy to donate a picture of ME to adorn the walls

A dartboard - great idea laguna! Thanks!

Very funny! My feelings are now very hurt.

*Shuffles off into a corner to sulk* sniff

Ya big fibber - would take more than that to offend you! You have sidled off to think of something to get me back with!

ME, me? Seek revenge - not me

Girls, Girls.....no squabbling but it has given me a superb idea. We should all have our portraits hung on the walls and all who frequent our lively and entertaining establishment can enjoy us ravishing beauties gazing down on them while they sup their tipples.................

Quote Originally Posted by teenybash View Post
    Girls, Girls.....no squabbling but it has given me a superb idea. We should all have our portraits hung on the walls and all who frequent our lively and entertaining establishment can enjoy us ravishing beauties gazing down on them while they sup their tipples.................
    Crikey you are wantin to attract custom no? Ye dinna want a pic o' me!!!

What is that designer on about??? Creams and Browns and sofas, its no a living room, its a Pub!!!
    A nice wood burner stove, good Caithness slate floors, far easier for the cleaner.
    Nice real wood panelling, of course a Dart Board, decent tables for knocking at Domino's, Free Snuff for the smokers, its legal, and best of all a smiling buxom barmaid
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Trust you to include a description of the barmaid you want! What about a handsome barMAN!!!!

I will agree that an easy to clean floor would be an asset - especially with all the drink that gets spilled on a busy (or should that be boozy) night!

Snuff - - I think that should be in a separate room, I dinna fancy hearing you lot sniffing away all night!

Comfy armchairs are a must! Nice to relax with a cold glass of white wine - elegant like!

Quote Originally Posted by laguna2 View Post

Comfy armchairs are a must! Nice to relax with a cold glass of white wine - elegant like!
    Sitting on a nice high Bar stool, is better for your posture than slumping in a owld worn out settee, can see you sitting there with one leg thrown casually over the other, sipping your cold Chablis, with tears of frost slowly trickling down the wine glass
    You ask for your staff, I'll ask for mine
    Last edited by golach; 08-Nov-08 at 10:11.

Man alive it is a lick of paint we are talkin here not a complete overhaul!
    PS I am with laguna on the handsome barman!

Some of us find it difficult to get on a high barstool elegantly! Indeed some of us could do with a ladder to help! So, barstools at the bar and a nice comfy sofa near the log fire ... and yes, chablis would be nice ... or savignon blanc ... both chilled to perfection!

We definitely require a barMAN to help to quell the rowdies some nights ... no names no packdrill

................wonder who'll be cleaning oot the log fire and gettin' rid o' the stoor...........................

... well, I had thought that perhaps you, wifie and golach might like to volunteer ..............................

Quote Originally Posted by laguna2 View Post
    ... well, I had thought that perhaps you, wifie and golach might like to volunteer ..............................
    Laguna, Nae tother a baw, your request is my command (SHOUTS) "Wifie bring in some peats for 'e stove"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast