Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: new restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by ak1 View Post
    with at least 3 chippies, 4 chinese, 2 indian, 7 restaurants/hotels......does anyone in wick ever cook there own dinner
    I had no idea wick had that many food places. How can it sustain it? I think when I was a kid the only chinese was the one at the botton the school road near Richards Garage. You wickers must really love the MSG.

Quote Originally Posted by carasmam View Post
    So mothers and toddlers dont want quality food ???? What a generalisation to make metalattakk
    Maybe so, but the Mother-and-Toddler brigade don't want to pay for quality food. That's the difference.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by Average View Post
    I had no idea wick had that many food places. How can it sustain it? I think when I was a kid the only chinese was the one at the botton the school road near Richards Garage. You wickers must really love the MSG.
    I love MSG so much I import mine in from Thailand! You cant beat a bit of MSG!
    (to be honest alot of chinese dont use it so much these days)

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    Maybe so, but the Mother-and-Toddler brigade don't want to pay for quality food. That's the difference.
    I am curious as to what you base this statement on ?
    Images of Spain can be seen at valspages.com

Quote Originally Posted by arana negra View Post

Yes im pretty interested as well, looking for an argument again maybe? Im a mother with a toddler who is more than happy to pay for quality food.

Quote Originally Posted by telfordstar View Post
    Yes im pretty interested as well, looking for an argument again maybe? Im a mother with a toddler who is more than happy to pay for quality food.
    Same here, telfordstar. Would like to know what his/her statement was based on
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

i also am a mother with a toddler, and i certainly dont mind paying for quality food. some people!!!!!!!!

Well I am a father with a (slightly older) toddler and even I am bemused!!!

Oh Metalattakk - have you gone into hiding????

If not - I think you should - NOW!!!!!
    Behold the turtle - he only ever gets anywhere by sticking his neck out...

Quote Originally Posted by AfternoonDelight View Post

Aye looks like this brigade have gone to war!
    PS I agree - I always sought out good food for my children - still do!

Quote Originally Posted by TBH View Post
    This is a brand new business and it's being ripped to shreds on here already, way to go. There have been plenty of complaints that Wick town centre is on it's last legs with boarded up buildings and such, yet, when someone tries to start a venture to help it regenerate, what do they get for their all trouble? A guy with a pin to burst their bubble. Cheers Burt, for the lyric.
    Let Wick die on it's feet then all those with nothing better to do than complain will lose their direction in life.
    Well very true but haven't most the local shops, etc been complaining because major retaillers are taking over Wick? If their prices are competitive then they should have nothing to worry about but if they are offering goods at higher prices then it's their fault. I'm not saying this new restaurant has complained about the competition but local shops in general. Yes, we should support our local retailers but how can we possibly do this if their prices are as high as the clouds in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by ak1 View Post
    with at least 3 chippies, 4 chinese, 2 indian, 7 restaurants/hotels......does anyone in wick ever cook there own dinner
    Don't forget the new takeaways which are set to open if planning permission is received.

Takeaways are a nuisance- especially when we're trying to find premises for a youth cafe.

premises number 1 - takeaway have applied for planning permission there
    premises number 2 - take away have applied for planning permission there too
    premises numbe... and there too.

Only place left- former RS Waters- TAKEN!

And no I'm not complaining about them because they took over our possible youth cafe premises

Quote Originally Posted by rfr10 View Post
    Don't forget the new takeaways which are set to open if planning permission is received.

Takeaways are a nuisance- especially when we're trying to find premises for a youth cafe.

premises number 1 - takeaway have applied for planning permission there
    premises number 2 - take away have applied for planning permission there too
    premises numbe... and there too.

Only place left- former RS Waters- TAKEN!

And no I'm not complaining about them because they took over our possible youth cafe premises
    Confused rfr - so what are you complaining about?

Quote Originally Posted by dogman View Post
    eating out is a luxury, maybe, if you dont already have one, you should get a job.
    then you will have enough pennies to go in. its a big bad world and (particularly at the moment) these things cost. take a walk around the street and see what everyone else is charging.

i thought the prices were very reasonable, the menu was good and the food was damn good.
    I'll stick to the voluntary work at the moment every so often. I'd rather focus on school work than get a job and end up getting terrible results. But then, hopefully once I've left school, I'll get a well paid job 4 years after uni and then will be able to afford th huge cost of living in Wick ..

Unless I go to Tesco ..

Quote Originally Posted by wifie View Post
    Confused rfr - so what are you complaining about?
    Their prices

Thumbs down

Their prices
    Having admitted that you haven't tried it, how do you know their prices aren't good value?

Quote Originally Posted by talla View Post
    i also am a mother with a toddler, and i certainly dont mind paying for quality food. some people!!!!!!!!
    But then wouldn't you rather have quality food at reasonable prices?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaldtimer View Post
    Having admitted that you haven't tried it, how do you know their prices aren't good value?
    Even if the food is good value for money. Wouldn't it make more sense to offer smaller, not so "world class value food" for those who aren't related to celebrities afterall. Well I guess it's only for a special night out place to eat and not somewhere to eat on a regular basis.

Their prices
    Emmm - hate to ask again rfr but can I refer you to the quote I posted and the highlighted, in orange, part! Sounded like you were somewhat bugged by takeaways to me.
    BTW hope you find some good "student discount" places when you go to uni cos if not you are goin til hev a sair fecht in 'e beeg city!

Quote Originally Posted by arana negra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by telfordstar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carasmam View Post
    Same here, telfordstar. Would like to know what his/her statement was based on
    Quote Originally Posted by talla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    Well I am a father with a (slightly older) toddler and even I am bemused!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AfternoonDelight View Post

Quote Originally Posted by wifie View Post
    Aye looks like this brigade have gone to war!
    PS I agree - I always sought out good food for my children - still do!
    LOL! I'd just like to point out that the comment 'Mother-and-Toddler Brigade' refers to the collective group of people who always complain (in Caithness especially) about the lack of places to take their kids for lunch, and when someone provides that facility they shun it (or slag it off on here) because of the prices.

It's fairly common term used in the restaurant/cafe/catering trade, you know.

And get this - it isn't meant as a slight against all mothers and toddlers. Indeed, conscientious teenagers from Wick are allowed to be a part of the group too.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast