Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Woss and Brand....

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Winehouse View Post
    Text just sent to me:

Dear Jonathon Ross,
    Ive just had sex with your daughter, Who`s laughing now?.................Lots of Love.

Gary Glitter xxx

Could you imagine it?
    Funnily enough I got that one as well, wonder if its from the same person?

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    When this initially happened there were only 2 complaints.

Whilst I agree that the pair went too far on this occasion, I think that they should have been dealt with internally, as should the producer who let a pre recorded gaffe like this get through to air.

Should the media in general - but the newspaper who broke the story on behalf of the grandaughter, not take some of the blame for the story getting such a wide audience. I knew nothing about it till it hit the headlines and didn't need to know.

Andrew Sachs should have gotten an immediate appology from all involved and I hope his grandaughter is also now appologising to both him and her parents.
    I agree completely its more of a media story than anything else.
    He should have gotten an immediate apology and all would be forgotten. It would at least have got all those that have adopted the moral high ground down from their pedastool!!!

It was in the media so I guess it was a media story. What they did was illegal, they should have been charged by the police and dealt with through the court just like any other member of the public.

Quote Originally Posted by TBH View Post
    It was in the media so I guess it was a media story. What they did was illegal, they should have been charged by the police and dealt with through the court just like any other member of the public.
    Is Illegal your word of the day tbh?
    Your last post mentioned how it was"illegal".

keeping a dog without a licence was techinically illegal until 1987 but how many got prosecuted for that?

It was funny but manuel deserved an apology the same as the Spanish nation deserve an apology for his portrail of a spaniard!
    Last edited by hotrod4; 01-Nov-08 at 16:13.

Default Illegal

I had this conversation on the phone this morning with a friend of mine that has been with the West Midlands Police for over thirty years..

He used to work in the department that dealt with malicious phone calls and they don't get much worse than this.

He can not understand how the police have not been involved in what is considered to be quite a serious crime.

As I said in a previous post, it seems that some people can be seen as above the law just because of there celebritity status.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post

keeping a dog without a licence is techinically illegal but how many get prosecuted for that?
    I think you will find that Dog Licences in the UK were abolished in 1987
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

[QUOTE=golach;452807]I think you will find that Dog Licences in the UK were abolished in 1987 [/QUOTE

Maybe so but I am stuck in 1986 so it doesnt apply to me!!!

(you will notice that I have edited my post!, thanks for the heads up Golach 0

Is Illegal your word of the day tbh?
    Your last post mentioned how it was"illegal".

keeping a dog without a licence was techinically illegal until 1987 but how many got prosecuted for that?

It was funny but manuel deserved an apology the same as the Spanish nation deserve an apology for his portrail of a spaniard!
    Maybe if I keep repeating the fact that what they did is illegal then the concept will manage to somehow squeeze itself into you brain. On repeating things, how many times did you infer that Sachs' Grandaughter should stop complaining because she is in a risqué dance troupe so more or less got what she deserved.

It apears the I'm a celebrity get me out of here is about to start again If we think hard we might be able to come up with two available celebs who have nothing to do for a while.
    Maybe if we asked them they might lose them in the jungle
    Live and let live
    Life is too short

Maybe if I keep repeating the fact that what they did is illegal then the concept will manage to somehow squeeze itself into you brain. On repeating things, how many times did you infer that Sachs' Grandaughter should stop complaining because she is in a risqué dance troupe so more or less got what she deserved.
    Sorry for being correct, in future I will not be so correct!
    Brand resigned and apologised, Ross apologised and got suspended, end of story.
    They have been punished it is only numpties with nothing better to do that are still shouting for more punishment and keeping this in the news and on Forums.

Manuels Grandaughter is in a risque dance troupe and goes by the name of Voluptoa and next week she will get "them" out for the sun no doubt!(now that SHOULD be Illegal)

Sorry for being correct, in future I will not be so correct!
    Keep deluding yourself Hotrod, if it's gets you through life.
    Brand resigned and apologised, Ross apologised and got suspended, end of story.
    They have been punished it is only numpties with nothing better to do that are still shouting for more punishment and keeping this in the news and on Forums.
    They should both be charged by the police and probably would have been if it wasn't for numpties in the newspapers and internet forums with nothing better to do than try and justify obcene messages left on an old man's answering machine which just goes to show how warped in the mind some people are.

Manuels Grandaughter is in a risque dance troupe and goes by the name of Voluptoa and next week she will get "them" out for the sun no doubt!(now that SHOULD be Illegal)
    Good for her, Hotrod.

They should both be charged by the police
    No, it's the person who made the decision to broadcast it againt the wishes of Andrew Sachs that should be prosecuted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    I had this conversation on the phone this morning with a friend of mine that has been with the West Midlands Police for over thirty years..

He used to work in the department that dealt with malicious phone calls and they don't get much worse than this.

He can not understand how the police have not been involved in what is considered to be quite a serious crime.

As I said in a previous post, it seems that some people can be seen as above the law just because of there celebritity status.
    You friend would have a great understanding of these matters and I agree, it's pretty ridiculous how they can get away with something as serious as this and the only reason seems to be their status as tv personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    No, it's the person who made the decision to broadcast it againt the wishes of Andrew Sachs that should be prosecuted.
    Maybe they should be but the phone-call was made by Brand and Ross, nobody else.

The prank wasnt as funny as "you kicked my dog" phone prank or the one where a telesales calls a house and the guy pretends he's a cop and winds the sales guy up by saying he's called a crime scene!. Sheer class. Thats not as funny as You kicked my dog or chickety china the chinese chicken! but good none the less

To correct an earlier point, Russell Brand's show has a "regular audience of about 400,000 listeners".

Also, "Andrew Sachs tells the BBC the show's producer called him on the day of recording to ask if he could use the sequence in question."

Both of these quotes are taken from the BBC's website.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7694989.stm

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456