Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Woss and Brand....

How about Andrew Sachs and his grandaughter both get an apology and the two anal retentives, Ross and Brand, get the sack, It's no more than they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash
    they have apologised
    it has been accepting
    it been on the news 24/7 is making it a bigger deal than what it is!
    Brand has not apologised. He made some pathetic noises but far from an apology. Ross has written to Sachs but I feel that a public on-air apology should be forthcoming too.

And this is more than Brand-Ross - this is about the failings of the BBC editorial staff to properly censor this pairs sick humour. The BBC are dragging their feet on working out what went wrong here.

And I resent my licence fee being used to fund this type of output and lining the pockets of these two talentless tosspots...

Andrew Sachs and Grandaughter I do agree they deserve a apology

Allegedly the BBC new of the content of programme 36 hrs before it was aired and some say its the fault of the Director or Producer of this programme a mere young whippersnapper of 24 +ish who took the decision to broadcast I am quite sure this poor guy will be sacked
    as to the other BBC Moguls !!! mmm jury out
    JR and RB who knows
    But my Saturday Mornings would be boring without JR driving along the same old road as I do
    Sad this has happened but our country is falling apart and dont really think its Top Priority for our PM or Leader of our Opposition to be giving out silly statements on News Programmes about light entertainment shows no matter how Crass or Sad
    At the end of the day its a How big is my "Ego thing "and how far can ""I go thing "" and I am Invinciable time will tell my boy's time will tell
    Its nice to be nice

Default Woss and Brand

Both so called comedians along with the producer or whoever passed the program should be heavily fined and all three sacked. I don't pay a licence fee to fund muck like that.

Good Point Fly it is your licence fee that pays the wages on the Beeb
    Its nice to be nice

The BBC constantly lauds itself as the best Broadcaster in World and sets it self up above the rest as an something the rest should aim to raise their level to.

They proclaim to the World that the speak on behalf of British Standards. Those who proclaim themselves to be perfect must expect to suffer the consequences when, especially if it is easily avoidable, they intentionally present themselves as broadcasters giving free rein to people who are determined to see how many sewers they can crawl into before somebody cries "Stop".

If any other BBC employee had done half of what they did and tried to excuse their behaviour as a prank, even without it being broadcast, they would, without question, be dismissed. Hiding behind the excuse that it was allegedly “funny” is no excuse. Their behaviour is something I would expect from a sniggering teenager exaggerating to his mates to boost his ego. I certainly would not expect that sort of behaviour from two grown men, if they could ever be called that.

If either of them think simply being deliberately abusive and insulting to somebody is “humour” then they have an awful lot to learn about the subject.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

This is getting WAY out of hand now. Even the PM is involved now!
    The country is going to the dogs, crime is rising etc but Pa Broon still has the time to get involved along with the rest of "our" politicians (who have voted themselves a 24 day christmas holiday).
    It was a "remark" they should apologise and then thats it. Even Andrew sachs says he is "fed up" of talking about it.

It seems that the BBC are talking about ti more than any of the other channels.
    Methinks this could be a ploy to "prove" to the country that they are "fair" and "right on"?

People complaining about Mr Ross and Mr Brand wasting Licence payers money,I think you will find more money is being spent "Investigating" what happened and then more money will be wasted by all the top execs going away for a wee jaunt to discuss what happened!

Heard that the Grand-daughter is "distraught" course she is shes known as voloptua in a "sensual" dance troupe and is an aspiring page 3 model!.
    And a comment by Russell Brand has made her distressed? Do me a favour shes probably heard worse heckling at one of her "shows". But she may get her wish she's on the front page of todays sun, only 2 more pages to go

Oh and Ross' Betty Kitten looks such an innocent thing.....

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...10_468x594.jpg

I wonder how he would feel if someone kept ringing him making similar sorts of remarks ?
    Last edited by MadPict; 29-Oct-08 at 20:41. Reason: Requested to edit...

So she's in a 'sensual' dance troupe and her stage name is Voluptua, ergo, Ross and Brand can say what they like about her in obcene messages left on her Grandad's answering machine? Great logic.

I could not give a monkey's about Andrew Sachs and his weird granddaughter.

The mock outrage generated by this non-story is a sight to behold, however.

Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand are to be suspended and all their shows taken off air until the BBC has investigated their prank calls made on Radio 2. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7696714.stm

Quote Originally Posted by cd1977 View Post
    The mock outrage generated by this non-story is a sight to behold.
    I wouldn't say I'm feeling outraged; more disgusted.

I wasn't listening to the show at the time but I have now heard a recording of it and I wouldn't say that there is anything 'mock' about my reaction to it either. It really was a sickening few minutes on a number of levels. I'm not going to be writing to the BBC to complain (like I say, I didn't listen to the show at the time) but I do feel that Brand and Ross took it far too far and deserve to be reprimanded.

I also hope that the idiots who took the decision to allow the recording to be broadcast are not put in a position of such responsibility again.

I don't have an opinion on what should happen, but this thread is giving me a few laughs

Good god, talk about blown all out of proportion, what they did was wrong and quite frankly not in the slightest bit funny, Jonathan Ross does have a good sense of humour but Russel Brand is probably the least amusing person on Tv, they screwed up and offended an old man, it's not that big a deal, i'm sure he'll get over it, fine the pair of them a months salary and donate it to a charity of Andrew Sachs choosing....then move on, the media witch hunt over this is just ridiculous.

Just on the news Update at 12.15 BBC News.

Both Woss and Brand have now been Suspended until at least the Investigation comes up with some sort of conclusion.

We will have to wait and see what happens.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

yep, see #51 above

Quote Originally Posted by TBH View Post
    So she's in a 'sensual' dance troupe and her stage name is Voluptua, ergo, Ross and Brand can say what they like about her in obcene messages left on her Grandad's answering machine? Great logic.
    I am not condoning what they did,but dont you think with all the media attention and the fact that she admitted SHE DID sleep with him not make you that little bit cynical as to the motives behind the "outrage"?
    After all she is a "wannabe" page 3 model.
    Even Andrew sachs wants to let it lie,but methinks the grand-daughter is quite happy with the outcome of the whole debacle.

A lot of folk in this thread are saying what they did was wrong/should not be condoned but move along/get over it.
    But it goes deeper than that. If we allow the BBC to turn a blind eye what extreme will thenext 'comedian' decide to go to?

You seem to forget that these idiots are living the high life and earning frankly obscene amounts of tax payers money while acting in this manner.

Glad the Beeb has pulled at least one finger out and suspended the pair. Now it just has to remove the rest of it's fist......

What has shocked me most is that Manuel is not Spanish?

I was appalled by what i heard when i followed the links. However... that's why I dont listen to Brand on the Radio - I tuned in once and never heard so much drivel in all my life!!!! Jonathon Ross amuses me sometimes but can also be too much for me. What is interesting is that there were very few complaints from the listeners of the programme itself. The majority of the complaints have come about as a result of the press coverage. Whether we like it or not the BBC caters to a wide variety of viewers some of whom must actually like Russel Brand and must have found the whole episode amusing as they didnt appear to a) turn off or b) make any sort of complaint. Our licence fee is paid and enables the BBC to make wide ranging programmes. One man's muck is another man's comedy. If we say that Russel brand's type of humour should not be made by the BBC because it doesn't appeal to US personally then why should they fund other shows which have a minority audience?

It is right the two presenters should be investigated and suspended for their ridiculous and tasteless actions but to have the press baying for them to be sacked is a bit ofan over reaction in my opinion. There is far worse going on just now and it seems highly suspect that Brown and Cameron have decided to chip in - they must be laughing their socks off as the focus has shifted from 'Ollie the Oligarch's' relationship with Osborne and Mandelson to these two fools.

A very public apology to Andrew Sachs and his granddaughter is in order and a substantial donation to a charity chosen by Andrew Sachs would be a satisfactory outcome. The we can all get back to the REAL issues of the day.
    Last edited by squidge; 29-Oct-08 at 16:32.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast