Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Well Done Wick Academy

Thumbs up Well Done Wick Academy

Congratulations to Wick Academy for holding their own against Edinburgh City in the 2nd round of the Scottish Cup and gaining a return match at the Harmsworth. Great result.

Excellent....well done WA................

Yes another great result after another long trip.

Great to see a young local side doing so well and playing some really great football.

Next Saturday's replay will be one of the biggest games at the Harmsworth for years.

I shall be there, it should be a cracking game. How much is it to get admission to the match?
    Cmey e Scorries

On the scorries.Well Done guys.Bring the Edinburgh to Wick,if they know where it is.Probably think their going to Orkney.
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric Farthsbottom III View Post
    On the scorries.Well Done guys.Bring the Edinburgh to Wick,if they know where it is.Probably think their going to Orkney.
    Well done Wick, and Cedric, you found Caithness ok didn't you? And so did R L Stevenson, he was from Edinburgh, and that was before the days of Sat Nav, don't worry if they want directions I'll point the way
    Last edited by golach; 25-Oct-08 at 19:47. Reason: Cedric was found in Thursa not Week
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Well done Wick, and Cedric, you found Wick ok didn't you? And so did R L Stevenson, he was from Edinburgh, and that was before the days of Sat Nav, don't worry if they want directions I'll point the way

I never found Wick,Thurso found me.See golach yer jumpin to conclusions again.The Scorries are on homeground now and the Academy will do the bizz.
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric Farthsbottom III View Post
    I never found Wick,Thurso found me.See golach yer jumpin to conclusions again.The Scorries are on homeground now and the Academy will do the bizz.
    I hope they do Cedric, I only live in Edinburgh, I do not support them
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Thumbs up

Great result! will be good if a big crowd turns out for the replay. Cause if they win it could be Celtic Park or Ibrox in the next round.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Winehouse View Post
    I shall be there, it should be a cracking game. How much is it to get admission to the match?
    it should be £6 for adults unless the scottish cup is different prices compared to the highland league, hopefully we will get a crowd to come along to cheer the scorries on, the crowd in edinburgh yesterday was fantastic

Hopefully theres a big crowd next week & the boys dont get stage fright- they certainly used to in the 90`s , crowds of 1000 & they would lose gallantly!!!
    The fourth round is when the big boys come in , It would be brilliant if Celtc or Rangers were here , the pubs would benefit as would several business`s for a few days. And Wick police would crap themselves
    Cmey e Scorries

Well done to Academy. Havent been foir years but may go along and support them. Hope they do well, they deserve a bit of luck.If the big boys come to Harmsworth park it would be magical!

Academy played really well yesterday and were unlucky not to win it at the end. The teams were evenly matched, and it should be a good game at The Harmsworth on Saturday. But I think one of the Academy boys gets married this coming Saturday, so while that's good news for him, it's not good news for hopes of Scottish Cup glory!There was a good crowd of Wickers at the game - which was played in appalling conditions.
    The Old Man of Wick was a very old man
    When the Old Man of Hoy was just a boy

The winners of the Wick Academy/Edinburgh City replay have been drawn at home to Brechin City. Brechin are currently sitting top of the 2nd Division.

full draw is as follows:-

Stilring Albion v Partick Thistle
    Forfar Athletic v Stranraer
    Lochee United v Ayr United
    Forres Mechanics or Keith v Dalbeattie Star
    Inverurie Loco Works v Civil Service Strollers or Vale of Leithen
    Elgin City v Annan Athletic or Spartans
    East Stirlingshire v Livingston
    Edinburgh City or Wick Academy v Brechin City
    Albion Rovers v Queen's Park
    East Fife v Arbroath
    Peterhead v Morton
    Clyde v Montrose
    Airdrie United v Cove Rangers
    Raith Rovers v Alloa Athletic
    Clachnacuddin v Stenhousemuir
    Ross County v Dumbarton

The third-round ties will be played on Saturday, 29 November.
    Regards

Brian Mackay
    www.caithnessfootie.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Colin MacDonald View Post
    Academy played really well yesterday and were unlucky not to win it at the end. The teams were evenly matched, and it should be a good game at The Harmsworth on Saturday. But I think one of the Academy boys gets married this coming Saturday, so while that's good news for him, it's not good news for hopes of Scottish Cup glory!There was a good crowd of Wickers at the game - which was played in appalling conditions.
    He did get married and we had a wonderful day! No doubt that was the reason for the return result!!
    Behold the turtle - he only ever gets anywhere by sticking his neck out...