Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Wick fishing boats

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs down

the spray was skippered by a chap from yarmouth but he was a brother in law of the thomsons of lossie.alister sutherland from wick was on her
    and robbie coghill and jimmag somebody from keiss
    there was boats from every port right down the east coast
    in most cases they left the nane but took the numbers off tony

Love this thread. Two fishing boats I know of in my Caithness family :

Sweetpea owner Neil Stewart he was also a coxswain and think he was one of the people honoured for his bravery concerning the Norway boat mentioned previously.

Kate crew I know of John Manson & Donald Leith (my gr grandfathfather)

Does anyone know if there is a list recorded somewhere in the Caithness Archives recording the boatbuilders names and years of the fishing boat been built. My Jack family where mostly boatbuilders.

Thumbs down

hi old neil stewart had the sweet pea wk 12 and young neil would have been with him. young neil was cox on the lifeboat for years and was also assistant harbour master and then harbour master
    he had several awards. have seen them but dont know what they were for tony

Was surfing and found this by accident from the Old Pultney website so acknowledgment to them, contains footage of herring days plus advert/info on the whisky production as well. Worth a little look and listen. http://www.oldpulteney.com/playclip.php?id=heritage4
    Take a hundred lines:- "The word is INFRACTION not INFARTION"