Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chinese Democracy! November 23rd

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    This is getting scary now. I mean, when is the Best Backpatch competition? Answers on a badly drawn fourth-year high school maths jotter, please; and hurry, or every member of Ratt dies. Again.
    Behind the bike sheds at 4pm, i had a full back 'Number Of The Beast' patch surrounded by smaller Ac/Dc. Motorhead, Saxon, Judas Priest, Sex Pistols and The Exploited ones, i loved that jacket, but then some git in my primary school class called Roy Robertson stole it, it was recovered months later but was missing most of the patches and ruined, if i ever run into that git again he's getting his lights put out

Backpatch Top Trumps....i like it

I'll admit wearing 'backies' to Helloween, Dangerous Toys (just say it), and Gamma Ray. But that's your lot. Oh, OK, I wore Def Leppard's Worship Our Masters Every Need one, too.

I'll admit wearing 'backies' to Helloween, Dangerous Toys (just say it), and Gamma Ray. But that's your lot. Oh, OK, I wore Def Leppard's Worship Our Masters Every Need one, too.
    Nowt wrong with any of that lot Pepsi, you seem rather embarrased by it all?...shame on you

Not exactly embarrassed, Gizmo, it's just I've grown, musically, and rarely, if ever, listen to music I did as a fourteen-year-old. Still, I won't hear a bad word said against Dangerous Toys. Now there was the true Ibanez sound at play.

Not exactly embarrassed, Gizmo, it's just I've grown, musically, and rarely, if ever, listen to music I did as a fourteen-year-old. Still, I won't hear a bad word said against Dangerous Toys. Now there was the true Ibanez sound at play.
    We all grow musically as we get older, but that does not mean you should shun the music you listened to as a teenager, it's still good music all these years later, i keep at the forefront of music these days and enjoy music from many genres, but i would never dismiss the music i loved as a kid, i'm a rock/metal fan first and foremost, and what i listened to 25/28 years ago is still important to me, regardless if some of it might be rather cheesy by todays standards, what you are saying sounds a bit like musical snobbery and saddens me a little.
    You should dig out those old albums, you might be surprised

I won't hear a bad word said against Dangerous Toys. Now there was the true Ibanez sound at play.
    Excellent band, in fact i'm gonna play the first two albums right now, not at the same time of course , good call Pepsi

I remember wearing he half-cut denim over my leather jacket with patches of iron maiden number of the beast and lots of smaller one like saxon, Ac/dc etc.
    I then painted the back of a new leather with The Crue's Doctor Feelgood still got that somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by buddyrich View Post
    Spoke too soon. There's a couple of good songs but the rest is not that great. The doubling on his voice isnt that offensive compared to the fact that it's drowning in autotune in some places.

It seems to be on everything these days. Instead of using it as a transparent correction tool in the same way one should use a compressor, it seems to be whacked on any vocal as an effect. Kind of like the way people use compressors!
    Certainly looks like Axl has found Antares Autotune!!!. I use it myslef to correct the odd "Vocal brain fart" but if you mess about with it, it can become over produced and so obviously fake. Tey also have a choir and throat effect which I havent found any use for!!!!!

G n f n R are not the same as when Slash etc were in it, but I suppose we have to move on with the times,but still not overly impressed with it, but it may be a grower.

I was a big GNR fan back in the 80s Live like a suicide was a fantastic ep followed on by Appetite for Destruction. However Use you illusion albums had started to go in a different direction and although I liked them they were not as good as previos stuff. I kind of hope that Axls new version of GNR is a disaster as I think he deysroyed the good way of GNR. I have heard a couple of bits of the new stuff and to be honest its ok ish at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Traci Guns?...hold on til i change my pants, i just wet myself laughing Traci Guns??...L.A Guns were probably the worst example of sleazy 80's sunset strip rock, 'Sex Action' is one of the worst songs i have ever heard, back in the day ole Zappster kept championing their debut but i thought it was utter tripe, on one of our pilgrimages to The Edinburger Playhouse for a large doze of rawk n roll he kept trying to convince me of their greatness but i was having none of it, a truly terrible band who should have never been let near a recording studio
    haha i remember that!!oops

Not so long ago I dug out my copy of Appetite For Destruction and listened to it through headphones (and in the dark). Can't say I was ever fully conscious of it before, but not only are Slash and Izzy's guitars pretty much panned left and right of each other, the riffing is, dare I say it, funky. Try it yourself and see what you think. If anyone can be bothered, that is.

Not so long ago I dug out my copy of Appetite For Destruction and listened to it through headphones (and in the dark). Can't say I was ever fully conscious of it before, but not only are Slash and Izzy's guitars pretty much panned left and right of each other, the riffing is, dare I say it, funky. Try it yourself and see what you think. If anyone can be bothered, that is.
    Yeah Ive been Panning appetite for years its well cool to hear some on the minimal bits that usually get lost in the overall mix!

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Behind the bike sheds at 4pm, i had a full back 'Number Of The Beast' patch surrounded by smaller Ac/Dc. Motorhead, Saxon, Judas Priest, Sex Pistols and The Exploited ones, i loved that jacket, but then some git in my primary school class called Roy Robertson stole it, it was recovered months later but was missing most of the patches and ruined, if i ever run into that git again he's getting his lights put out

Backpatch Top Trumps....i like it
    I used to have a backpatch on my Harrington coat! It was "The Jam" and I also had loads of union jack badges and RAF patches too. Them were the days!
    I can believe I have just admitted that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12