Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Democracy! November 23rd

Default Chinese Democracy! November 23rd

hey,

title track from the up and coming album!
    bout fecking time!!!

http://www.imeem.com/gunsnroses/musi...ese_democracy/

Will believe it when i see it, not that i really care about Axl's cover band anymore, but saying that, the title track single is actually alright, i've heard most of the leaked tracks and they are ok, nothing to wet your pants over though.

I remember being at the Leeds festival in 2002 seeing great bands like NOFX, The Offspring, Incubus and so on.
    The headlining band that night was G n' R and that douche Axl Rose was an hour and a half late, I did not stay to watch them but heard him moaning over the mic that Chinese Democracy was to be released in 2003!

He is a douche and has lived off the G n' R name for years without actually doing anything worthwhile.
    I really do think Chinese Democracy will flop.

was driving down the street after work today and heard the new single. Although its not really Guns n Roses its still a damn good track! I just think its funny that Dr Pepper now have to give a can away to every US citizen!

Quote Originally Posted by moncur View Post
    was driving down the street after work today and heard the new single. Although its not really Guns n Roses its still a damn good track! I just think its funny that Dr Pepper now have to give a can away to every US citizen!
    haha i do mind readin that right enough!
    pity it wasnt the world!

now THAT would be something!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbenjokazooie View Post
    hey,

title track from the up and coming album!
    bout fecking time!!!

http://www.imeem.com/gunsnroses/musi...ese_democracy/
    Really couldn't give a damn.

G 'n' R did one and a half good albums, fell for the media hype and spontaneously combusted. The talented members moved on, and created more music. The rest have ponced about for years and years, producing nothing worthwhile at all.

Please tell me why I should be interested in this latest attempt at fleecing honest music fans? Don't fall for the hype, dudes.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    Really couldn't give a damn.

G 'n' R did one and a half good albums, fell for the media hype and spontaneously combusted. The talented members moved on, and created more music. The rest have ponced about for years and years, producing nothing worthwhile at all.

Please tell me why I should be interested in this latest attempt at fleecing honest music fans? Don't fall for the hype, dudes.
    One and a half good albums? You're kidding right?

Lucky if there's half a good album in there!

Cool I Know It's All About Opinions....But

Quote Originally Posted by Blast! View Post
    One and a half good albums? You're kidding right?

Lucky if there's half a good album in there!
    Now that's just silly, Appetite For Destruction IS a classic without a single filler, the other albums are just a bit...well...a bit blah!, i can't listen to the Illusion albums now, pretentious pompus guff (with the odd exception) from a singer (and i use the term loosly) with a god complex.

Full album now up at their myspace...

friggin awesome album!!

www.myspace.com/gunsnroses

enjoy!!

I'm actually quite surprised about how good it actually is, this is NOT a GnR album though, it's purely an Axl Rose solo album, it's a brave album for him to put out, but i have always liked this 'industrial lite' type of sound, it takes a few listens to really appreciate but it's certainly a lot better than i expected.

Well just finished giving it a listen and not impressed sadley, I had thought maybe he would return to singing like he did in Appetite and not like the rest of the crap they did after but no his voice just grates on me.

Dammit i thought i would like it too as i did like the title track

Axl Rose is and always has been a douche.
    I was never really a fan of G n R anyway but his attempt to pass off his new stuff as G n R is just laughable!
    I had the chance to see "G n R" in 2002 at the Leeds festival and I'm glad i did not stick around for it, he was over an hour late on stage and he sounded god awful (I heard it from my tent)

I can't believe it has taken him this long to release another album, and from what I have heard, it certainly anywhere near worth the wait.

You have to question someone who takes this long to release an album, seriously.

just listened to the album on the space, its terrible!

i never was a massive fan of gnr but this is pure kak. and his voice is either doubled on every track or sounds so annoying.

shacklers revenge is a cool and harsh rock tune but the vocals spoil it, as with most tracks.

ditch the pompous self absored demi god that mr rose thinks he is and you have a pretty decent rock album.

I think "better" is one of the few songs that I can get into so far. Still early days yet,but must admit dont like Axl's deep growl as opposed to the shreiking that we know him for.
    So far not overly impressed.

It'll surely sell by the ton and be a huge success. One thing noone has mentioned is the constant lead guitar on some songs which is annoying and distracts from the vocal. Even so, an enormous, super-slick, one-dimensional, over-produced rock monstrosity isnt't a bad thing every once on a while. I loved both the Illusion records so i'll take a punt on 'er.

Prefer Tracii Guns masel, likes.

Spoke too soon. There's a couple of good songs but the rest is not that great. The doubling on his voice isnt that offensive compared to the fact that it's drowning in autotune in some places.

It seems to be on everything these days. Instead of using it as a transparent correction tool in the same way one should use a compressor, it seems to be whacked on any vocal as an effect. Kind of like the way people use compressors!

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Prefer Tracii Guns masel, likes.
    Traci Guns?...hold on til i change my pants, i just wet myself laughing Traci Guns??...L.A Guns were probably the worst example of sleazy 80's sunset strip rock, 'Sex Action' is one of the worst songs i have ever heard, back in the day ole Zappster kept championing their debut but i thought it was utter tripe, on one of our pilgrimages to The Edinburger Playhouse for a large doze of rawk n roll he kept trying to convince me of their greatness but i was having none of it, a truly terrible band who should have never been let near a recording studio

This is getting scary now. I mean, when is the Best Backpatch competition? Answers on a badly drawn fourth-year high school maths jotter, please; and hurry, or every member of Ratt dies. Again.

Maths jotters were the best for band logos.

I often attempted the metallica logo from master of puppets but i kept making a mess of the A at the end.

Mr Jack didnt appreciate heavy metal. I asked him if he was into Level 42 and he seemed entirely bemused.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast